Help possible Jsa sanction

chrisphilip
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi went to jobcentre today..and the advisor said the steps am taking to look for work isnt good enought..3 steps per week am suppost to do.which i am,am looking in papers looking on websites sending cv,,advisor said not good enough your not applying for anything,2 jobs you are applying for in 2weeks..

she has stopped my payment which goes in Tuedsay..and said ill get a letter to say wheather or not ill be sanctioned and how long for,,

anyway me and my wife only get child tax for our baby...

also we recently moved to a new area which whee still getting use to..it takes 60mins by bus to get to jobcentre...

my brother is very ill with cancer which has put stress on the family

my question is how long can we be sanctioned for?

can i get hardship and (how much jsa couple we get £220 fornight)

also without payment tuesday we wouldnt of had money for 2weeks

is there anything we can do if they do sanction are money?

could they possibly just warn us maybe

the new sanctions are unfortunately punitive, and are applied liberally, you can certainly appeal against it....no one can tell you how long the sanction will be for there are guidlelines and these are looked at by the DM (decision maker) who will decide whether to impose a sanction and for how long.....i think you can claim hardship payment but it is a lot less than jsa....

the new sanctions are unfortunately punitive, and are applied liberally, you can certainly appeal against it....no one can tell you how long the sanction will be for there are guidlelines and these are looked at by the DM (decision maker) who will decide whether to impose a sanction and for how long.....i think you can claim hardship payment but it is a lot less than jsa....

got another question we get joint jsa income based my partner doesnt go the jobcentre to sign on,we have 2 year old..so my question is wil her half of the money be affected?obviously we get £220 fornight in one payment.so was wondering will my half be stopped and she can still get half.or does the sanction apply to both

dont know the answer to that bit im afraid...all the benefits people who advise on here will be on soon after returning from work and they will be able to answer in much more detail about whether it affects your other half.....dont want to give you the wrong info....but if you keep checking in someone will be along soon

Cheers for post but my partner has never had to sign on they said she is not needed..where married have 18month old son..i always sign on she has never attended because she is not needed to..so where does that leave us with me giving the sanction..hopefully someone wll know if it affects her

am 27 she is 22

Heelo, just got debt4gets message

So your adviser has referred your case to DMA to consider if you have taken enough steps to be agreed as actively seeking as per your JASg.

If you are disallowed it will be for the two week period that you were signing for and as it is a disallowance it removes all benefit entitlent including housing costs for that 2 weeks, you then need to complete a JSA4rr rapid reclaim to reinstate you benefit entitlement and when that form is received at the JCP a further referral is made to the DMA team for consideration of a furthere 2 week sanction which would purely be for your JSA.

If you are disallowed then yes you can aply for hardship allowance however you will need to supply your childs birth certificate, proof of your tax credit and child benefit awards, and a recent bank statement (or mini print from a cashpoint) to show what income you have coming in and if you have any savings. Hardship will then be considered but you do need to ebe prepared that you child beneft and tax credits could reduce any hardship payment you may be entitled to.

If you are not happy with the decision you need to request a reconsideration of the decision however you need tosupply new additional information for them to reconsider and then you can also request an appeal of the decision but this can be a very lengthy option as appeals can take anything up to 6 months to reach a tribunal, the reconsideration is usually looked at with a week or 2 at most depending on workloads.

so what do you mean housing cost?

also why does my wife get punished when she has never had to sign on..i keep reading around that when one person gets sanctioned the other can stll claim there half whats the truth there please?

also i have done my 3 steps per week as asked..but because am looking in paper there is no jobs i put down no jobs,,advisor said thats not good enough...

also the 3 steps per week have involved looking in news paper,magazine,enquiring about jobs in my local area..she said that the last two weeks aint good enough..i have had alot of problems i have been travelling down to see me brother who is very ill with cancer..and i try and see him as often as i can.but i still do 3 steps per week..

as for hardship i should be able to get it surely the only income we would have is CB and CT

forgot she has asked me to come in friday to make new claim what that all about?

26 november to 6 decemeber she is not happy about thats the dates she said.was due to be paid this tuesday

as flumps has said if it is as you said a disallowance this means they will also remove your entitlement to HB and CT, so you will have to do a rapid reclaim in order to reinstate these benefits, they will then send off this claim for referral of sanction to DM, if you think that you have fulfilled your JSAG then you can ask for reconsideration but this will take time...in the meantime you need to get your claim reinstated asap....otherwise you are going to find you have had your CT and HB stopped...it will not affect your child benefit but will impact any council tax benefit and housing benefit

If you are disallowed then you HB will also be disallowed.

As I stated previously you can apply for hardship but you child benefit and child tax credits are taken into account. I apologise but as I'm not a processing or hardship officer I can't specify rates etc

good news housing benifet wont be affected no matter what..spoke to them today..another bit of good news my wife maybe able to claim her half of jsa due to her not signing on,,so like advisor said she shouldnt be punished..other option is hardship which she said will be 40% of our benifet :)