Lowell Portfolio 1 - Dollar Financial Debt

psyduck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so what if they do

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These letters are really quite funny, eg we MAY use the court or a debt collector may visit.

Personally I would send the letter 10 days into this 14 day offer of the discount adding that you will give the 21 days to respond dushing closer to SB all the time.

they are full of shiznit.

so your first letter, i may amend that a little bit and send that off. give them 21 days to respond, shall i post my draft on here or fire it straight off? i'm aware that they read this forum from other posts you guys have made.

i will throw the book at them when this is done, they had another debt of mine and when I told them it was SB they came up with a phantom payment, i asked them for proof of it - that was 2 years ago and haven't heard from them about that since. but they are chasing this? unbelievable!

so what if they do

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

dx

have you seen this before DX? do they generally go to court straight afterwards? i'm thinking that as I have six weeks to string out may as well make contact now as i don't want to risk anything else appearing on my credit file!

Naa still scribbling on the back of all their failed SDs:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

hi all

just to update you, I have drafted an amended version of brig's letter and intend to send this at the end of next week. I have given them 21 days to respond and say that unless they can confirm it is me they are chasing they should close the account.

i have also told them i am sending copies of the letter and all the other pieces of toilet roll they have sent me to the FOS and OFT, can I do this by email?

i've decided that since I've been on this forum for so long dealing with these scummy DCA's, I now need an avatar. :lol:

in other news, the letter has gone off to Lowlifes, I have given them 21 days to respond and we will see what they have to say in due course.

afternoon all

13 working days since I sent the letter and still no response, however these clowns have now taken to emailing me. I have NEVER been contacted by email by them before, and have just received this from them.

Sent: 26 March 2013

To: Psyduck

Subject: The Lowell Group

Dear Mr Psyduck

We hold this email address on your file and would like to use it to communicate with you - we work closely with our customers to ensure that they are given the support that they need to find the right solution for them and we would like to speak with you today.

Please contact us on 0113 308 6085 to see how we can help you or if you would prefer that we didn't email you at this address - please quote XXX when calling.

Yours sincerely,

James Crabtree

Customer Service Manager

Lowell Financial Ltd

I will be home in a couple of hours but still expect to have received no response from them. I have no choice but to think they have completely disregarded the letter I sent and are continuing to harass me. i'm thinking this is an automated email as well so they haven't bothered to close the account or make any amendment to it. what next?

My guess is whoever sent the e-mail has no idea about any other correspondence.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

My guess is whoever sent the e-mail has no idea about any other correspondence.

that's fair enough but surely if they are taking the letter seriously they should be ceasing any communication until the account has been resolved?

alternatively having read a few threads they tend to contact people by email when they don't have an address for them so maybe they are trying to follow up at my old address/via other contact details.

i don't want them to start court action against me at an old address is it possible this will happen without my knowledge??

afternoon all

13 working days since I sent the letter and still no response, however these clowns have now taken to emailing me. I have NEVER been contacted by email by them before, and have just received this from them.

Sent: 26 March 2013

To: Psyduck

Subject: The Lowell Group

Dear Mr Psyduck

We hold this email address on your file and would like to use it to communicate with you - we work closely with our customers to ensure that they are given the support that they need to find the right solution for them and we would like to speak with you today.

Please contact us on 0113 308 6085 to see how we can help you or if you would prefer that we didn't email you at this address - please quote XXX when calling.

Yours sincerely,

James Crabtree

Customer Service Manager

Lowell Financial Ltd

I will be home in a couple of hours but still expect to have received no response from them. I have no choice but to think they have completely disregarded the letter I sent and are continuing to harass me. i'm thinking this is an automated email as well so they haven't bothered to close the account or make any amendment to it. what next?

I think that is so funny "We hold this email address on your file and would like to use it to communicate with you" and then "Please contact us on 0113 308 6085".

So which way do you want to do it - dingbats.

I think that is so funny "We hold this email address on your file and would like to use it to communicate with you" and then "Please contact us on 0113 308 6085".

So which way do you want to do it - dingbats.

exactly.

i've just got home and no letter responding to my complaint. shall I write to them again about ignoring my request or wait out the 21 days I gave them?

bump

do I wait out the 21 days I gave them, or write to them now complaining about the emails I recieved?

i have today received an email from the ombudsman that says I need to give Lowell 8 weeks to respond to my letter...since when??????

Personally Iwould wait, keep a log of all contacts day/date/time.

evening all, I have today received first correspondence from Lowell addressing my complaint. the letter has been sent by standard post (no urgency really).

Date: 22nd March 2013

To Psyduck

Your Lowell account:

Lowell Reference Number: XX

Original company name: Dollar Financial

Original Account Number: XX

You owe: £XXX.XX

Dear Mr Psyduck

Thank you for taking the time to contact us recently.

I can confirm that your complaint has now been passed to the Complaints Resolution Department who will carry out a thorough investigation. We will investigate this as quickly as we can, but we may need to contact you for further information or to provide you with an update.

If we can contact you by telephone, we will be able to discuss your concerns directly with you and hopefully agree a resolution with you verbally. This is the quickest and easiest way for us to resolve this for you.

I would like to assure you that the account will be placed on hold, and we will stop all collections activity while dealing with your complaint.

We enclose a copy of our internal Complaints Procedure for your information. Please take the time to read this, as it explains fully the steps we will follow in responding to your complaint.

In the meantime, if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact my team by calling the freephone telephone number: 0800 542 0058*, which brings you directly through to the Complaints Resolution Department.

Yours sincerely

Michael Thorne

Complaints Manager

Overleaf they detail their "complaints procedure" which involves acknowledging the complaint within 5 working days of receipt, reviewing the complaint and sending a response/update within 4 weeks, and a final resolution within 8 weeks.

now a few things have irked me about this letter.

1. The collections action has NOT stopped, seeing as they emailed one of my old email addresses yesterday (27th). Their letter was dated the 22nd, meaning they are still performing collection activity. Not good.

2. I have told them "the debt is not mine", but they still persist sending letters telling me "YOU OWE XXX". The whole reason for the complaint was that the debt was not proven to be mine, correct? What happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

3. Finally I don't appreciate the fact they are trying to get my telephone number. I know full well they will start harassing me if I can't even trust them to stop emailing.

What next?

Shall I write to them and say letter only and take up the points I've outlined above? Or just wait for them to reply? I want to give them more food for thought, every time they contact me they enrage me more :-x

then ignore them

they can do nowt to you

stop getting annoyed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Psyduck, just let the ''investigate'' and see what they come up with.

Then we'll come up with something:wink: Have a good weekend!!