Parking Eye fine - Caversham, Reading :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, my girlfriend (car owner) this week received a parking notice charge from ParkingEye Car Park Management demanding £100.00 (reduced to £60 if she pays within 2 weeks). She is pretty desperate to pay it, but I've shown her this website and the recent Martin Lewis/Watchdog documentaries which mention PPCs and how their 'fine' is pretty invalid, generally. The 'fine' relates to her staying 3 hours 12 minutes in a car park where the maximum stay was 3 hours (this was also at night, and the signs which state this are pretty damned hard to read in the dark and not lit up!). What do you all think the course of action we should take? If I can persuade her to ignore the nasty letters should we just ignore them, or should we 'appeal' and send ParkingEye a letter from the template section of this site along the lines of 'I won't be paying you anything.' ? This has got my girlfriend quite upset, and she feels harrassed. Unless she does it without me knowing, I have no intention of paying them any money at all! And guidance would be wonderful. Ben (and Katie!)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we've had 2 letters now and my girlfriend wants to just pay them the £60 within the next few days before it goes up to £100. :(

Does anyone who has successfully ignored ParkingEye know how many letters they usually send out? And she's also worried about potential debt collectors getting involved further down the line...we live as lodgers in a house with the landlord and she's worried that it'll look awful & we could get kicked out if Debt collectors ever turn up at the door.

I'm fully convinced and just want to ignore the letters - they don't bother me at all, but she gets stressed very easily and just wants it done and dusted for peace of mind and to stop her getting upset everytime a letter pops through the door. :(

So we've had 2 letters now and my girlfriend wants to just pay them the £60 within the next few days before it goes up to £100. :(

Does anyone who has successfully ignored ParkingEye know how many letters they usually send out? And she's also worried about potential debt collectors getting involved further down the line...we live as lodgers in a house with the landlord and she's worried that it'll look awful & we could get kicked out if Debt collectors ever turn up at the door.

You should just pay me if you going to pay:smile:

It may get passed on to debt collectors before they give up

debt collectors are not bailiffs never will be and could do nothing

Look at that link BBC Watchdog

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

We're just watching that BBC watchdog link - spooky!

IF (and I appreciate reading the other threads that this is a big if) it does get passed onto debt collectors, what could they actually legally do?

Aside from the fact that a £100 fine is in no way representative of a 12minutes over stay in any carpark, plus that the car park is free at all other times (so therefore no loss of earnings, surely), the signs at the entrance and exit of the carpark are not lit up at all, so when my g/f parked there she had no idea of this 3 hour limit! (In other words surely those factors would be be enough to see it thrown out if it ever went to court..?).

A debt collector has less right to be on your property than a snail a debt collector could do nothing

have a cuppa beer cider whatever you fancy and not worry and have a good evening :wink:

It's not a FINE! Debt collectors are just private citizens with no special powers. They cannot enter your premises, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken your credit record. I repeat, you are taking this much too seriously and falling into the trap they hare setting for you.

I've had two "accusations" levelled at me by parking Eye within the last twelve months, or so, and "accusations" is all that they are.

Each appeal for money was followed by a second, more urgent appeal, and then each one was followed by.......................nothing!!!

That's it, nowt, and that was because I parked in "Morrisons", in Stone, Staffordshire.

So, if I might pinch a title from a very famous series of films, "Carry On!" [ignoring, that is]

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

It's not a FINE! Debt collectors are just private citizens with no special powers. They cannot enter your premises, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken your credit record. I repeat, you are taking this much too seriously and falling into the trap they hare setting for you.

+1

I recieved a "Parking Charge Notice" for ParkingEye today for over staying in a car park by 20mins. I know in the past people have ignored them but Im concerned as they included some literature on a new piece of legislation called Protection of Freedom Act which came into effect 1st Oct 2012, does any one know if it is still ok to ignore these people, thanks for your help!

I need a hand too! I parked in a car park that used to be free. I saw the signs for parking eye, just expecting there to be a patrolling little man that sticks parking tickets on your car. I took a chance parking there, and never got a sticker! When I got home, I looked the company up on the web and found all these forums. I know i'll receive a ticket through the post. It's all my own fault as I saw the signs up. Shall I still ignore the letter or pay it as I'm to blame?

Thanks!

Hi all!

I wish I had read these first, but today I sent off an 'appeal' to ParkingEye following a letter demanding £40 fine raising to £70 if not paid by Thursday.

Obviously, from now on I will ignore them based on everyone else's experience, however, I just wanted to ask if now that I have sent the appeal with details of our parking etc if that means they will have more against me etc. I assume and hope not, but thought it was worth checking it out.

Thanks in advance guys.