style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

ive read alot of bad things about carpenters solicitors being involved in insurance claims or not really getting involved,

we have just had a rear end smash and the 3rd party has already admitted liabillity,

carpenters called and sound very nice and said they are sending forms out for us to sign,

before we do can we go through our own family solicitors......please help

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I don't think there would be anything to prevent you having your own solicitors look at the forms.

But I'll move this thread to the insurance forum and leave you a redirect. The guys should be along soon, although weekends are quieter here so you may need to bear with us.

Where did you read about Carpenters please?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes use any solicitors you like.

Some of these accident management solicitors arrange expensive hire cars, which can be a problem, particularly if the 3rd parties Insurers refuse to pay. Also some of these solicitors appear to represent their own interests, rather than their clients.

If you are happy using your family solicitor and want to try to keep the claim as simple as possible, that is probably the best way. If you have any legal cover with your Car Insurance, it may be worth giving them a call.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes use any solicitors you like.

Some of these accident management solicitors arrange expensive hire cars, which can be a problem, particularly if the 3rd parties Insurers refuse to pay. Also some of these solicitors appear to represent their own interests, rather than their clients.

If you are happy using your family solicitor and want to try to keep the claim as simple as possible, that is probably the best way. If you have any legal cover with your Car Insurance, it may be worth giving them a call.

thanks,the 3rd party insurers have already contacted us and said they are collecting our car for inspection and giving us a courtesy car whilst this is happening,it must of been tescos (our insurers) that give carpenters our details,but not yet signed anything and after reading all the bad hype about them i would sooner use my own family solicitor as i think this would be a much easier,smoother and quicker route to go down,also even the 3rd partys insurers (e-sure) called and said they will deal with it rather than go through any solicitors,very confussing

Edited by pregster

thanks,the 3rd party insurers have already contacted us and said they are collecting our car for inspection and giving us a courtesy car whilst this is happening,it must of been tescos (our insurers) that give carpenters our details,but not yet signed anything and after reading all the bad hype about them i would sooner use my own family solicitor as i think this would be a much easier,smoother and quicker route to go down,also even the 3rd partys insurers (e-sure) called and said they will deal with it rather than go through any solicitors,very confussing

You can use any solicitor you choose, despite what your insurer/Carpenters tell you. DO NOT sign any forms if you want to use your own soliciotr, just make sure that he/she also act for you on a 'no win no fee' basis.