Please help with Robinson Way Limited

PWoods
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please could you advise me and help me through this problem with Robinson Way Limited?

I have just received a letter named and addressed to me,

saying that they are chasing a debt owed to 'equidebt - ex nationwide. It is for quite a lot of money.

The fact is I have never heard of this debt, nor have i ever taken out or bought anything from Nationwide or equidebt for this amount.

No default even shows up on my credit report or history, as i have just bought a new house (we've only lived here 12 months)

and my credit history was very good, throughout the house buying process, with no debtsoutstanding.

They are threatening to advise their client to take me to court.

I have never heard of any of these people.

After looking at the support and advice of others in this group, I have sent the template letter to them,

stating that i know nothing about the debt owed and to send me written evidence.

Is that ok to start with or do i need to do anything else?

Who are these people and who are equidebt?

Will they be able to black list my property and involve my wife?

Will this damage hers or my credit history, even though i have now sent them a letter disputing their claim?

I would really appreciate any words of advice or wisdom.

Thank you

Please could you advise me and help me through this problem with Robinson Way Limited? I have just received a letter named and addressed to me, saying that they are chasing a debt owed to 'equidebt - ex nationwide. It is for quite a lot of money.

The fact is I have never heard of this debt, nor have i ever taken out or bought anything from Nationwide or equidebt for this amount. No default even shows up on my credit report or history, as i have just bought a new house (we've only lived here 12 months) and my credit history was very good, throughout the house buying process, with no debtsoutstanding.

They are threatening to advise their client to take me to court. I have never heard of any of these people. After looking at the support and advice of others in this group, I have sent the template letter to them, stating that i know nothing about the debt owed and to send me written evidence.

Is that ok to start with or do i need to do anything else? Who are these people and who are equidebt? Will they be able to black list my property and involve my wife? Will this damage hers or my credit history, even though i have now sent them a letter disputing their claim?

Thank you

Hi welcome to CAG,

I suggest that you write to the Compliance Manager at RW send this by recorded delivery.

ref: as on their letter.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to your letter dated xx xx xxxx in which you allege that I owe a debt for £xxxxxx to Equidebt for an account with Natationwide, please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to Robinson Way, Equidebt or Nationwide,.

I have not been contacted by any of the parties you mention in your letter at any time.

Having checked my personal credit history I have concluded that any such alleged debt is now statute barred therefore I will not now or at any time in the future make any payment or offer of payment in regard to the allged debt.

Please note I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2011 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

You will now cease to process and store all data relating to me with immdeiate effect.

RD this and see what crawls out of the woodwork.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I did have a Nationwide account, but I stopped using it ten or twelve years ago, when I moved house. I'm not sure I closed it officially, but it hasn't been used for at least 10 years and it was empty when I left, transferring all of the Direct debits etc. I don't have any of the paperwork now. Would have thrown it out after about 6 years!?

1. Is that ok to start with or do i need to do anything else?

2. Who are these people and who are equidebt?

3. Will they be able to black list my property and involve my wife?

4. Will this damage hers or my credit history, even though i have now sent them a letter disputing their claim?

Thank you

Hold the horses here a bit. Let's take this one step at a time.

1. Your response was exactly the right one, as stated by Havinastella. They should cease all collection activity while they process your request. If they do not, raise an official complaint with them.

2. They are a debt collection agency. DCA. Main stream creditors do not like to get their hands dirty with defaulted debts. So they pass these debts on to DCAs, either using them as an agent or selling the debts via assignment. A DCA acting as an agent has no legal powers at all.

3. This is a way off yet. But, if the debt is yours (it isn't) then they can legally report the status of the debt to your credit file. There is no such thing as blacklisting. However, if (and only if) your wife has a joint account with you she might find it harder to get credit.

4. As above. If they falsely mark your credit file with a default, this can be removed.

You should check your credit file from time to time. DCAs can be cavalier about registering defaults so you should check to make sure they haven't.

Noddle is based on the smaller of the three agencies (Callcredit) but you get online access for free and for life (the other 2 cost £15 a month after the first month).

Noddle

ICO - credit reference agencies

You can get paper copies for £2 each, per agency.

It is quite simple if this account was closed 12 years ago and no payment or acknoeledgment in writting has been made in that time the debt became statute barred after 6 years anyway so they cannot damage any thing now.

RW have been taking on a large amount of old debt, but of course they are not made aware of just how old the debt is or it's status in regard to the Limitation Act 1980.

I'll amend the letter for you to send.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Your fine with your wifes account it would only affect both if it was a joint account.

plus its a DCA chasing a debt for a DCA no the OC mationwide

where in all the concorted rights of assignment that sits as to even IF

any DCA can do anything to you is very debateable

sounds like they are just phishing to see if they can find a mug who knows no better to spoof into paying.

either that or its a case of fraud.

if you did default on the account, its long dropped off your cra file [the defaults 6th birthday]

you'll prob find Robbersway have no paperwork at all [DCADCA they never do]

and when they do get it

it'll be just bank statements [as there is no CCA on bank accounts]

they either see its so old and drop it like a hot stone

or

they'll magic up some phatom payment in 2007 to claim its not SB'd

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Hi, returned with news...Robinson way sent a letter back, saying they were letting go of my so called 'case' and passing it on (or back.) That was in October.

Now I've just had a letter from Mackenzie Hall for the same amount!

Never heard from them before.

I'm sending them the letter I sent Robinson Way.

Really annoying.

When will this all go away?!

Yes same letter but add that RW has ''given up'' on the account very recently.

IMHO its time to stop the letter tennis

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...