No wages, tax/NI possibly unpaid!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I could do with a little advice please.

In October 2011 my (now estranged) husband started a job, and his contract stated that he would get paid on the last working day of each month, and expenses payments would be made on the 10th of each month. Since the start of this year payments were getting later and later, causing our direct debits to bounce resulting in bank charges. We claimed these charges back on the expenses as the employer fully accepted that this was his fault. However we have not received expenses payments since mid July, and the last salary received was on the 24th August - which was actually July's salary. The employer kept coming up with excuses and promising the wages would be paid (always promising next week!) - meanwhile my husband was doing everything in his power to continue working and meeting his commitments. At the end of September he resigned from this job in order to take up a new position but his ex-employer is still ignoring all communications (calls, e-mails, formal grievances etc). In addition he has not had a payslip since may or June and we have no idea if tax or NI have been paid.

The result of all of this is that my husband and i have separated as we had absolutely no money coming into the house and i had to protect the kids and keep a roof over their heads. What I need to do is figure out how to trace whether the tax and NI have been paid (this may also help with a tax credit overpayment that i need to sort), and what (if anything ) my husband can do if the ex-employer hasn't paid these things.

Any advice would be immensely helpful right now because sorting all this would enable my husband and I to hopefully put our family back together!

thanks

Hi

If he is getting no response from his employer on tax and Ni issues then he can just contact HMRC to see if these are being paid by the employer.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you have solely seperated for purposes of claiming benefits you should be aware that is 100% fraud. So I would stop that first off!

Calls and letters are getting you nowhere - your choice is ET or small claims court. Have a look at moneyclaimonline for starters.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Apologies first off for giving the wrong impression - we have not separated solely to claim benefits, we have separated because at the moment we cannot live together without arguing and fighting and while most of that has been about money there are other issues that need sorting. Yes, we are hoping that it is not a permanent split, but who knows what will happen while we are apart. Having re-read my post though, I can see how that conclusion has been reached. Secondly, my husband is pursuing the matter, but I know he hadn't given much thought to the missing payslips or the possibility of unpaid tax/NI because he was more focused on the actual money being owed. I will look at the two websites mentioned and have a read through, so thanks both for your replies.