Orange/Moorcroft advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just need some advice please,

I defaulted on my orange account, this is after cancelling my contract after the 24 months period,

i owed orange just over 30 pound,

i forgot about it as i was in the process of moving and was busy with that and getting my kids back into schools in the new area.

After checking my credit file i found out that i had a default listed back in April this year regarding orange acc.

Well i phoned orange on the 2nd oct to pay it and they blatently refused and said i had to ring the dca who are collecting on oranges behalf,

dca is MOORCROFT,

I refused to speak to them and said i wanted to pay directly to ORANGE,

but ORANGE said as the account has been terminated and been past to MOORCROFT for collection,

i asked if it had been sold and they stated NO just collection .

As i refused to pay dca,

i thought i would see if i had a statment with my acc details on from ORANGE,

hooray for me i did,

i checked the back and it had ORANGE BANK AND SORT CODE details on it so i logged into my online banking

and paid the amount off in full on the same day as phone call may i add, also listed acc number for ref.

What i want to know is have i done the right thing in by passing the dca and paying ORANGE directly and what to do now .

many thanks on any advice

done right , but it wont remove the default.

this will now effect your credit rating for 6yrs.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

done right , but it wont remove the default.

this will now effect your credit rating for 6yrs.

dx

Thanks dx thought i was right, im not to bothered about the default being on my file for the 6 years as my credit is pretty cr*p anyway, just wanted to make sure i done things correctly regarding paying orange directly.

Just an update had an email reply from executive office (on behalf of olaf)

stating my account is settled in full and hope that i am satisfied etc etc.

I emailed back stating that its now up to orange to recollect file back from the dca and to amend my cr file to settled.

Is this correct?

Cos i dont want the dca to try n collect on a settled debt.

yep

well done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This will hopefully be the last update, exec offce emailed me again and i quote

"we have informed the dca and recalled the file so you should not hear from them,

And we have written to cra to amend your cr file but it could take 28 days"

Well im glad this is sorted with orange just gotta sort STUDIO now....

"amend your credit file" to what tho? If they just mark it as settled it'll still show on your credit file that you were defaulted for 6 years.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I understand that but i would rather have it show default settled than nothing like i said in previous post my cr rating pretty cr*p i just want to make sure orange amend it correctly whats the harm in that??

Its not like im going to be trying to get credit here there and everywhere i just want my file to reflect that yes i defaulted but its paid as said before not bothered about 6 years default stays but i would like my cr file to state true facts mainly because if for some reason the dca continue to chase me i have all relevent info to back my self up to say that the debt is paid....... So wheres the harm in that

As long as you're happy. :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Excelent :D Such a good outcome. Better than I expected!

Well done.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks locutus yes it was better than what i thought it be, thought it was going to show as default settled but im really pleased that its showing as satisfactory just gotta sort studio and santander out now lol x

Studio probably have added loads of unlawful charges... start a thread HERE, SAR Studio and reclaim the charges and include that you want the default removing from your credit file.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar