style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

Not sure I am in the right place, forgive me if not :oops:....Anyway, I have had a visit from a bailiff to my home address for unpaid business rates...I havn't been self employed since Feb 2010, after closing my business due to slow trade.

I have no buisness stock (as everything went within a few weeks on ebay etc, for a very, very, low price. This was sold in desperation, as I had to be out of the property, and had no where to store this), but the bailiff has come to levy on my home goods.

I am quite happy to pay what I owe, but can the bailiff levy on goods in my home address?

Jayne

Abbey - Prelim sent 17th May £2560.00 + £191.44

LBA sent 1st June

Claim Filed 27th June 3349.90 Inc Interest + Costs

Court Papers Served 3rd July

Claim Acknowledged 10th July

50% Offered 27th July

Settled Out Of Court 1st August £3080.45

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request 31st July

If you were a sole trader, bailiffs could levy on your personal items. If you were a ltd company and there are no assets of the company at home then there won't be anything to seize.

Jayne, please bear this in mind, it is worth checking the dates the council say are Owed because if the property remains empty after your vacation, it's not unknown the landlord wont neglect to say you have gone, because as of 2011 with empty properties rates are payable in full.

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Thank you

Yes I was a sole trader....

I will check, although to be fair my landlord was a councillor at the time, so if he has said the proprty is still occupied, this may be another issue!!

Jayne

LBA sent 1st June

50% Offered 27th July

Hi Ploddertom,

No. He's called whilst I was at work. He has itemised two visits on his letter though, one for 24.50 and one for 18.00

Jayne

LBA sent 1st June

50% Offered 27th July

It appears therefore he has made 2 visits. Have you confirmed what is owing with the Council. You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

The most important thing to do is to make sure you do NOT allow him entry to your home. He may however make a levy on goods outside - most notably a vehicle so would advise if you have a car then shift it immediately to somewhere preferably 10 minute walk away. It appears he is playing by the book at present but he will try calling early morning or late evening so please ensure all doors are locked and windows firmly closed.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As long as you REFUSE to allow the bailiff entry into the property and you do NOT have a car on which he can levy then the MAXIMUM fees are CAPPED at £42.50.

Ensure that you do not have a car near your home.