BT/Moorcroft

GemGem67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, new here, hopefully I'm in the right place, doing the right thing.

I owe BT 360.00 for a bill and cancellation fees as my contract was for 18 months and I closed it early. I wrote to them explaining my financial situation and made an offer to pay in installments albeit small payments. I didn't hear back from them.

Then about a week ago I started getting phone calls. I answered the first one and a male with a foreign accent asked for me by name, I asked who was calling and he replied "Jimmy". I stated that Jimmy was unlikely to be his name as he sounded neither English nor Scottish and he laughed and asked me to "confirm my DOB and address". I told him I never give out personal details to cold callers either on the phone or at my door due to identity theft and I certainly wouldn't give them to someone with an obviously fake name who refused to confirm his identity. He then proceeded to attempt to tell me I had an outstanding amount, at which point I stopped him and said as he hadn't confirmed my identity, continuing to tell me details of whatever alleged debtor he was calling over would surely be a breach of data protection and that (ok I lied) I had started to record the call and therefore would have proof of such a breach. He then hung up.

The next day I recieved a letter from Moorcroft saying I owe 450.68, 360.00 plus their fees, with the usual demands for immediate payment. I then started recieving phone calls and text messages from them from numerous different numbers, sometimes at minutely intervals, all of which I ignored and added to my blocked list.

I have today recieved another letter from them threatening court action with a further 105.00 in costs applied.

My account is still accessible via BT website, with the link to pay through the site still active.

So my question is, am I correct in ignoring Moorcroft and making payments as offered to BT, direct to them through their site, despite them not replying to me?

Thanks

Gem.

Hi Welcome to CAG>

If have access to the BT account pay BT.

Did you receive a Notice of Assignment from BT?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi, thanks for the welcome and reply.

I don't know what a letter of assignment is I'm afraid.

I recieved a letter off BT Debt Recovery Unit after I had made my offer which neither acknowledged nor referenced my offer. It was a standard letter saying to ignore if I had paid in the last 7 days and if I hadn't, to pay within the next 10 days. At the bottom of the letter it said; " If you don't pay right away, we'll hand your case over to a debt collection agency, you will need to pay aditional costs and they might take legal action."

I don't know if this counts as a letter of assignment.

That letter is dated Sept 4th and my first call from Moorcroft was on Tues 18th Sept, which is 14 days apart but only 9 working days.

I thought only a comapny I had an agreement with could take it to court and a DCA had no rights to do so as I have no agreement with them?

Gem

OK, NOA is a letter telling you that the debt is now in the hands of a third party (the debt collection agency) if they did not state which DCA then it is not an NOA>

Please Check your credit reference files for the debt Moorcroft may have purchased the debt.

Can you post up Moorcrofts letter after removing all personal and account identifiers and barcodes if any.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I don't have a scanner or any means to connect my mobile to my laptop to upload the letter unfortunately but here is the content.

Dear xxxxxx

Re: British Telecommunications PLC Balance 450.68

We have been instructed by our clients to collect the above amount owed by you. This amount includes a debt of 360.00 to our client and our costs and charges.

To prevent further action pay this amount immediately using one of the methods below.

The second letter.

Dear xxxxx

Re: British Telecommunications PLC Balance 555.68

IMORTANT INFORMATION - LITIGATION

To prevent the above possible action please send payment before 29/09/12 or telephone xxxxx immediately.

If you do not contact us following reciept of this letter we may have no alternative other than to recommend that solicitors issue legal action against you which may follow. Please note if legal action is necessary and if the solicitors instructed are successful in entering judgement then your debt may increase as follows

current balance 555.68

solicitors costs for issue of claim 50.00

court fees for issue of claim form 30.00

solicitors fees for entering judgement 25.00

total debt if judgement obtained 660.68

I have no intention of contacting them or paying any moneys to them, on the BT website my debt still stands at the original amount, and I will be making payments direct to them through there, so if court papers do appear I will be able to show intent and actual payments to pay the debt off, hopefully that would prevent a CCJ judgement.

Gem

Dear xxxxx

Re: British Telecommunications PLC Balance 555.68

IMORTANT INFORMATION - LITIGATION

To prevent the above possible action please send payment before 29/09/12 or telephone xxxxx immediately.

If you do not contact us following reciept of this letter we may have no alternative other than to recommend that solicitors issue legal action against you which may follow. Please note if legal action is necessary and if the solicitors instructed are successful in entering judgement then your debt may increase as follows

read the quote above when you get to the RED bit's sit down stick 1 finger in the air and say YE RIGHT after all they are only trying to scare you. if you can still pay via there web site do it that way as the DCA does not own the debt as they mention THERE CLIENT.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Moorcr@p can't issue court papers, so I fail to see why they continue lying to people claiming all the BS they spout in their silly little letters.

Pay BT direct and ignore these children.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!