Halifax/fraud/inheritance money/internal investigation!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its faster and cheaper than giving them a call for something very simple. If its complicated, you can always call them or go into a branch.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

this has me a little confused (full of plague, foggy brain)

Would you like to close your account and transfer your balance? *

Yes No

If yes, would you like us: To settle any outstanding negative balance from your account If there are insufficient funds to repay the negative balance in your new account at the time of the switch the balance will not be repaid and it will be your responsibility to arrange repayment with the other bank.

Not to pay any outstanding negative balance and let you do it yourself

another fob off;

Thank you for your email to Alison Brittain and David Nicholson.

I can confirm receipt and I have forwarded it onto the relevant department who will respond accordingly.

Kind Regards

Sarah Briggs | Group Executive Complaints

What did you honestly expect the outcome of sending an email to some of the group directors to be?

renegadeimp has told you before to put your complaint in writing.

Had you read the thread thoroughly, which you clearly have not, I have put the complaint in writing AND email.

Had you read the thread thoroughly, which you clearly have not, I have put the complaint in writing AND email.

Apologies, I actually haven't read the thread in a while.

I just assumed you'd send the complaint either in writing or by email but not both - hopefully the written one will have a better outcome

Give them a call but make sure to record the call. BE very very VERY firm with this lucy, and make sure that she is in no doubt what will happen if she doesnt follow the law.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Granted, but it's in your interests to get it sorted so you may aswell call.

If you can't record then have some pen and paper handy and write down the date, time and anything of importance from the conversation.

What is the current situation now? Have the original payments been refunded? Have anymore been taken?

One of the companies has refunded after me hounding them in the phone and sending a million emails to them with a crime reference number etc

Another one has said:

"Your refund is in the queue to be dealt with, this should be issued tomorrow."

I have told them this is unacceptable.

But the point is I shouldn't be chasing these people that have basically robbed me.

Possible. Give them a call in the morning and check. If it clears, grab the cash, throw it in your new account and get the halifax one closed incase they try and reverse the chargeback and charge you for it.

So money has gone into my account today. After checking there's £13.72, which was what I demanded back in phone calls. Then another £30.

Not the phone calls figure is wrong, since putting that to them, as they know full well, I've had to make more calls when they let more money go.

No idea were the £30 comes from, assuming its a "good will gesture". Not much of a gesture halifax.

I rang "Lucy" back the other day but she wasn't there. I've had no callback, no emails (apart from one asking me to call), no letters, nada!!

Could always get this to watchdog or even the dailymail. See if they are interested.

I bet if you got the media involved, within a week, halifax will back right down, fix everything and say you slipped through the net and theyve reconsidered their practices.