Clear Associates

jb000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Does anybody know anything about these jokers.

They called me today and stated that they had "confidential mail" for me and wanted to confirm my address. I told them to go forth and multiply.

There is very little known about this so called firm on the web, they are supposedly based in Kettering but there is no info for them on Companies House,

they have no Consumer Credit Licence or registered with OFT.

There is another firm called Clear Associates Limited based in Slough, this is an auditing firm, so will probably have nothing to do with this outfit.

The most distrubing thing is that they had got hold of my mobile number (which I never advertise but only to family and a close circle of friends)

so they are allegedly using questionable practices to get hold of peoples details.

I have behaved myself over the past six years and the only debt I have is to Welcome Finance which is due to become statute barred next month.

Does anybody know anything about this operation?

Many thanks jb000

Hi there

The Companies House check stated that the nature of Clear Associates Limited in Slough was accountancy and auditing.

I would be very surprised to find a firm of auditors doing investigations and debt collection.

And usually a firm of debt collectors or investigators has quite a history on a web search.

I know there is another thread on CAG about them and one on another site,

but this seems to be all. It may be wise to keep an eye on them especially as them seem to be using dodgy tactics to contact people.

prob got the number from your CRA file if your mobile phone account shows

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have a recent copy of my credit ref file from the 3 agencies that do it and not one of them has my phone number on.

If that was the case I would have gone ballistic and ordered them to remove it.

I have rang round a few of my family and friends who stated they have not given my number to anyone.

The most annoying fact is that when I asked them what it was in connection with they said they could not discuss it due to data protection,

however, they seem to be au fait with bending the rules to get my number.

I am looking forward to getting some written communication from this lot because I feel as if I may have a lot of fun. They have crossed the wrong person.

nice to hear it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...