Buchanan Clark & Wells

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. I've had two letters today from Buchanan Clark and Wells. Presumably debt collectors.

The letters state that they are trying to contact me with regards to a private matter. They don't state what the matter is, or who they are contacting me on behalf of. The only hint of identification are two client reference numbers.

The other thing I should point out is that they are saying I am the same person who lived at the "Original Address". This original address is not a placed I have lived at, but is a common misunderstanding. The address is identical to mine, except for one line extra on my address.

I have been in the process of cleaning up my credit report for the past 2 years and the final default is set to be removed in December. Because I have been actively involved in cleaning my report, I know every debt that is outstanding or not. I have cross referenced the account numbers against all 3 agency reports and nothing matches.

What should I do in this situation? I am now concerned that all my efforts to get clean will be ruined by something else. Should I send them a non-acknowledgement letter?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by pure*destiny

let them play their cards

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Wait for them to write with more information.

They could be writing to the wrong person and if this is so, then return the letters, with a covering note, saying that they have traced the wrong person, as no debt is owed by anyone at the address to the original credit mentioned.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Keep the letters and envelopes just in-case it is a miss-trace and you are being contacted for a debt which belongs to someone else with a similar name etc.

Also, have a check of your Credit File to see if anything is listed their.

As DX says, wait until they write with full information of the debt (which they will in time), when they do, post back so you can get more advise.

In the mean-time, carry on life as normal and DO NOT ATTEMPT to ring them!

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Ah, thanks guys. I'll just add them to the file for now then. Phew.

I really can't think of anything it could be. I've made it my mission to clean my reports for two years now and this has just baffled me.

I have one CCJ and one default left. CCJ will be removed in November and default in December. I wonder if these letters are connected? Maybe a last ditch attempt.

Anyway, I'll just forget it for now. Let them chase me - if they must.