Lloyds TSB Credit Card Agreement

Guest garymcuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest garymcuk

I'm trying to take care of a PPI claim against Lloyds TSB for my wife.

Basically the facts are this:-

My wife was in temporary employment when she took out her credit card and was told that she wouldn't be accepted for a credit card unless she took out PPI.

My wife the sent a letter to Lloyds TSB asking for her PPI + interest back, they claimed that she knew PPI was optional and have fobber her off. There was no mention of the temporary employment.

She then sent a CCA request, to get a copy of her Credit Card Agreement. They've sent her a reconstituted one with no mention of PPI and it contains her married name and our current address, she was unmarried at the time of application, living elsewhere.

Luckily she has all but one (earlier this year - it will be somewhere at home) credit card statements going back to when the credit card was taken out, so we have pretty much all the financial information required.

How do we get a genuine copy of the credit agreement so we can see what she agreed to at the time? Or is this not worth pursuing and just get straight on with the PPI claim? Also is the reconstituted one legal with wrong name and address?

I've posted this in the Lloyds TSB forum, as the initial question is about CCAs. However I suspect it may end up in the PPI forum.

The reconstruction should bear the same information that was entered at inception.. So that kind of muddles things up for them, doesnt it :) Especially if they were to attempt to issue a claim using it as evidence!!

If they are using a reconstruct, it is likely they either dont have or cant find an original (microfiche copy) or that it is too degraded to use. Out of interest, how old is this account ?

It is a simple fact that LTSB are one of the worst for rejecting claims at first try, so you must challenge their decision. If you have the statements, then brilliant. Prepare a spreadsheet, complete the FOS claim form and whack it in again. :)

The fact that your wife was in temporary employment is one they should pay out on with no messing around.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Guest garymcuk

I'm trying to be suitably vague in case anybody from Lloyds TSB is reading but the account is around 10 years old, give or take a couple of years. I do have the exact date as Lloyds confirmed it in the PPI letter, and we have the first statement from just after that.

We fully intend to challenge the knock back on the PPI, I didn't think it was likely they'd cough up a couple of grand at the first attempt. I've mostly completed the spreadsheet and modified it to meet my wife's circumstances, I just need her to find the one missing statement.

If it is just one statement, then you could have a stab at guessing what the premium would be.

I will ask one of the PPI people to look in on you.

You will find the spreadsheets in the link below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

You should also download the FOS claim form from their website.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes absolutely estimate the missing one.

The sheet you will need is the FosRunning sheet.

If/when they agree your claim they will do their calculations anyway so don't get too hung up about just one missing statement.