• Tweets

• Thanks for posting up the back of the NTK. The good news s that as it does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act, it means that you are not liable for the charge as the keeper as I explained in a previous post.  The PC fails for two reasons. The first is that it does not specify the period of parking. All it does is list the arrival and departure times of your car. Obviously that does not include the time taken to drive to the car parking space, manoeuvre the car into the space and later drive from the space to the exit. Nor does their times include things like getting kids disabled people out of and into the car as well as things like returning the trolley whilst still being parked. All of which can add a fair bit of time to the parking period which can then be subtracted from their ANPR times and makes your actual parking time a lot shorter than 118 minutes they seem to think it is. The second reason is that they failed to ask the keeper to pay Schedule 4 Section 9 [2][e]  (e)state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges You as keeper are now in the clear which is a good reason for you to contact Sainsbury  stating that you are being pursued as the keeper when you are not liable under the Act as well as the oher things I suggested in my previous post. If you don't get it cancelled with Sainsbury this could drag on for months with endless letters unlawfully pushing the price up to scare you into paying.  
    • Brilliant! That's great to hear and honestly pleased I'm wrong, my advice was out of concern. I checked some of your previous posts last night and you've been giving great advice to others at times. Bringing a claim can be serious (counter-claims etc) and it didn't appear you were knowledgeable based on posts so far. Far from an expert myself, just interested and will try to help. I'll sit on the sidelines, best of luck with the claim!
    • Thank you so much for the advice  I will try and up my savings to £500 for the next 6 months. Although I do still have an uphill battle, I feel more able to deal with it.  I hope my experience with the cifas marker helps someone else who finds themselves in that quite horrible situation. It is a huge weight off my shoulders getting it removed.
    • Believe it or not, fully familiar with the County Court process. My posts were seeking confirmation by asking questions, nothing more as an aid to people who look at this thread in the future. People should not jump to conclusions.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Urgent question re ESA moved over to WRAG from Support Group - Money stopped!

europa16
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is an urgent question.

Can somebody clarify some wording regarding the 365 day time limit for contribution based ESA - basically I have been on CB-ESA Support Group since transferring to it in January 2011.

In July 2012, I was chucked out of the support group and placed in the CB-ESA work related group and my money has stopped immediately because, I am being told, the 365 day limit has come into play since I was placed in the WRAG and because I've been on Conts based ESA for all this time, my time is up and no more money is due!!

However, according to the info on the DWP's website, the following is stated:

"Any time claimants have spent in the Support Group will not count towards the 365 days, or will any time in the assessment phase if they moved directly from the assessment phase into the Support Group"

Does this statement not apply to me, therefore the clock only started the day my claim was moved over to the Work Related group, or is the guy I spoke to at the DWP right and I am wrong??

Thanks

I'm no expert, but the wording seems very clear to me - the clock for your 12 months started when you were moved to the WRAG group.

I'm assuming you're not entitled to income based?

I would be on the phone again immediately quoting the regulations to them, and if that doesn't work get an appeal in immediately. Are you intending to appeal the decision to throw you out of the support group?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi,

Yes I'm intending to appeal but have left it very late due to messing about with the DWP and their lack of a working printer (they have never sent a decision letter).

I've been constantly ringing them about this and every time I called they promised a call-back which didn't happen. When finally one of their complaints team rang back he claimed I was wrong and had misinterpreted the regs - I'm waiting for him to ring back now as I type.

Surprise surprise, no call-back again...

As this was a formal complaint put in over the phone and this guy was supposed address my issues, what do I do next - do I ask for written confirmation of what he said, or can I take it further up (if so, who and where do I get their contact details)?

For someone who is on ESA due to anxiety, depression and stress, they are not helping :frusty:

write a letter requesting a reconsideration of the decision, stating the regulations and asking that they amend their decision accordingly.

You may also want to appeal the decision placing you in WRAG if you believe you should still be in the support group.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

europa16:

'......their lack of a working printer' ?????? Excuses, excuses, excuses ??????

Legislation for the 365 days time limit was retrospective. Meanies.

Have you had any employment and support payments, with the work related component, during your current claim? If not, previous advice stands.

Good luck, Margaret.

I have put in my appeal to be placed back in the support group and hopefully that will reach them in time.

In the meantime, I got a phone call back from the DWP and it seems there has been a cock up with the claim as the woman I spoke to could see no reason why my money had stopped, because I am well within the 365 day limit - she mentioned something about the qualifying days and contributions & tax years they take into account, but that completely lost me... she mentioned May, when none of my claim has ever started or stopped in that month - have they mixed my claim up with someone else???

So a message has now gone through to the processing team to look into it and get back to me by next Wednesday (if not, another call :|).

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am still here smacking my head against a brick wall, being told one thing or another (the guy on the phone in Bootle was adamant I was wrong and ESA doesn't get paid if you are in the Work related group of CB-ESA - his manager agreed with me that it did and yes, it has been unfairly stopped and, again, a message will be sent to the processing team (again) to let me know what the hell has happened.

I have put a complaint into the District Manager for East Anglia but with no reply and also sent a message to my local MP and am waiting for a reply from him but it's only been a few days.

To cap it all, I'm now in the middle of a marriage breakdown and so have absolutely zero cash (luckily I have very understanding, if cashstrapped, parents) - when will this get sorted out :frusty:

• 2 months later...

I am in the same boat. Was migrated from long term IB to WRAG last year (and after a reconsideration was put into the SG) and although I have a long term degenerative condition was reassessed in August this year. Result - out of SG into WRAG and money to be stopped in end November this year. But decision makers not sure I should ahve been moved and when I rang for a reconsideration they said I should be back in the SG and put me back with a 2 year time limit to be reassessed. This is the 2nd time Atos has got it wrong and it has been overturned by the DWP But, they said I would be getting a new letter confirming my SG status and all I got today was a letter telling me I was now going to receive the SG rate but I was still in WRAG and my money is still limited to end November 2012 but on the back of the letter it says I am in the SG. I have called tosday and been told that yes I am in SG till 2014 and my money will be ok because time limiting does not apply in SG - so what does my letter not state that? I rang and asked for a callback and they didn't call back, so I yet again have to go baclk on the phone tomorrow to see if I am still being time limited or whether I will still get SG money till 2014 when Atos will no doubt mess up again. I can do without the stress too, it's making me physically ill.I have spent a total of 10 months in SG and about 2 weeks in WRAG (both times).

I have had my call back now and they apologise that the letter I was sent was a clerical error and that corrected letters are now coming out to me, but I will wait to see what they actually say before I am convinced. Once this is all settled I am writing to my MP to tell him of the difficulties I have faced, the two wrong assessments by Atos and their subsequent over turning by DWP, and why is time sepnt in the SG now counting towards the 365 time limit - because that is wrong.

Hi, the same thing happened to me last month.

I was on the Incapacity Benefit for many years, then last year it changed to Employment Support Allowance. Last month i received a letter saying all my money had stopped as it was only a 365 day contribution.

I'm not sure what Benefit it is you are on, but since last year i have been having interviews every 3 months at the Job Centre with an adviser, i rang somebody there and they then sent necessary forms out to me, i filled them in and sent them back. About 2 weeks later my money was reinstated.

So my advice is to ring the Benefits Office and get them to explain it to you, or if you also have been seeing people at the Job centre ring them too. I had all money refunded to me while i was waiting.

This is an urgent question.

Can somebody clarify some wording regarding the 365 day time limit for contribution based ESA - basically I have been on CB-ESA Support Group since transferring to it in January 2011.

In July 2012, I was chucked out of the support group and placed in the CB-ESA work related group and my money has stopped immediately because, I am being told, the 365 day limit has come into play since I was placed in the WRAG and because I've been on Conts based ESA for all this time, my time is up and no more money is due!!

However, according to the info on the DWP's website, the following is stated:

"Any time claimants have spent in the Support Group will not count towards the 365 days, or will any time in the assessment phase if they moved directly from the assessment phase into the Support Group"

Does this statement not apply to me, therefore the clock only started the day my claim was moved over to the Work Related group, or is the guy I spoke to at the DWP right and I am wrong??

Thanks

I have been placed in a similar situation except I scored zero at an ATOS assessment..

I was in the support group for the entire stay on ESA

After the zero score I had the benefit stopped without any notification whatsoever..

I came here for advice and part of that was provided by Estellyn above (Thank you !)

I phoned DWP and explained that NO TIME IN THE SUPPORT GROUP COUNTS AS PART OF THE 365 DAYS...

This I did several times and asked to speak to senior managers (Twice). Each time they refused to accept my point !!!

Finally again with the help of Estellyn I wrote a letter explaining the above in the hope some clarification would be provided in writing

This was 5 or 6 weeks ago and I have not had a single word in reply !!

I genuinely feel for you and wish you the very best .. I will make a point of sending you a PM and replying on this thread if and when I get an answer or solution to this ridiculous situation..

Good luck !

There was another poster who was told that time spent in SG counts towards the limit.

Hi.. That was me I believe.. I am still awaiting written clarification as to the position.

I have had so many conversations over this situation it is truly unbelievable !

I have rung time and time again only to be told that I am disallowed because of the 365 day rule. No matter how many times I have read the contents of their own statements that time in the SG does not count they refuse to accept that that rule is correct !!

I too have been diagnosed with clinical depression and as a result of the extra strain and pressure have now had my medication upped once again. I had to spend 2 days in hospital after suffering another breakdown due in fairness to other things but was not helped by this flaming awful ongoing painful situation..

I now have to attend the hospital each week in order to get treatment for this dreadful depression that really is all consuming and is dragging me down more and more. I am actually in tears sat her writing this ....

I really do feel for anyone who is genuine and is going through this ridiculous thing where nobody will look at what the government has written and decided upon IE NO TIME SPENT IN THE SUPPORT GROUP COUNTS AGAINST THE 365 DAYS...............................................

Edited by Charlie996

Apologies for not updating sooner... I was correct and the DWP were wrong in their interpretationof the legislation. However, it did take me writing to my MP and emailing the regional DWP manager to get this sorted out. A few days later my money was backdated to the time they clained I no longer was eligible due to the 365day rule, and it has been fine since (touch wood).

So, if you are being told thatyou no longer are eligible for esa because the 365day rule has been applied while you were in the support group, and have been moved to the work group, fight like tooth and nail because they are wrong!