JSA transferred to another borough, payment not received

AnnaR.
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have searched for this but have not found anything in the forum, I hope someone can help.

While on jobseekers allowance I have had to move from one borough to another. I went to do my first interview and signing on date last week at my new jobcentre.

Everything seemed to be in order, but the thing is I have waited more than a week and my JSA payment has not arrived yet. I am wondering if maybe the transfer of the claim has prompted what looks like a delay in my payment?

Should I call my jobcentre or the phone number in Glasgow? Or should I wait some more?

I would appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Edit do as Flumps says, they might be able to do a same day payment or if they're saying there's problems etc you could

Request an INTERIM PAYMENT of JSA due to processing delays.

Do a google search OP and this doc comes top which has a bit of legislation to quote you could amend for your needs.

http://www.carerscentre.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/IS-or-JSA-Interim-payment-request.doc

There's a few discussions on here and rightsnet on the matter worth reading as they tend to claim they can't do that.

Thank you both, very appreciated. I will ring or go to my jobcentre today to find out. I will also take the advice about the interim payment into account, in case my payment is going to be delayed much more. .

For a payment issue, call Glasgow rather than the local JCP office. They're the ones that actually send out the money. Takes me back - that office is where I used to work.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

This morning I was finally able to speak to someone at Glasgow (I rang at 8.05 am and didn't have to wait at all), and I have just received a callback where I've been told I will be having the money in my bank account this afternoon.

Thanks to all of you who replied to my worried post.:-)

• 11 months later...