Payment clearing times for benefits

yasmin32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I got paid today and after talking to the DWP about a separate issue the advisor told me that payments take 3 working days after the payment has been released. They also told me it is 3 clear working days and you will receive the payment on the 4th day.

Thanks to all who offered advice and wisdom.

• 6 months later...

I have had my IB on a wednesday for 3 years now (NI number ends 70-80 bracket) and my husbands ESA is on Friday (NI ends 80-90). My biggest problem is the time it actally registered on my account. It used to be that the benefit and bills went in and out within seconds of Midnight. Now however, the bills go out at midnight but the benefit registers at 4-6 am! This has resulted in 4 months now on unpaid DD's and over £150 in bank charges and the loss of our contents insuance and the threat of a county court order for non-payment of council tax

I have had my IB on a wednesday for 3 years now (NI number ends 70-80 bracket) and my husbands ESA is on Friday (NI ends 80-90). My biggest problem is the time it actally registered on my account. It used to be that the benefit and bills went in and out within seconds of Midnight. Now however, the bills go out at midnight but the benefit registers at 4-6 am! This has resulted in 4 months now on unpaid DD's and over £150 in bank charges and the loss of our contents insuance and the threat of a county court order for non-payment of council tax

This probably isn't anything to do with the DWP, but more to do with the way your bank processes payments. I'd suggest you look to change the DD dates for your essential bills. If that's not possible, look at alternative ways to pay your bills - cash at the bank or Post Office, PayPoint cards and so on.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I was just looking at an earlier post.

I'm on ESA and my NI number ends 73 but i get paid Mondays. Will that be because my IS payment was Monday and its continued from that.

Possibly, but I can't say for sure. The rules I mentioned earlier in this thread applied to new claims for ESA but I left the DWP before the whole IS/IB to ESA migration thing started, so I'm not familiar with how that was handled.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Possibly, but I can't say for sure. The rules I mentioned earlier in this thread applied to new claims for ESA but I left the DWP before the whole IS/IB to ESA migration thing started, so I'm not familiar with how that was handled.

Thanks but i've just realised it ends in 13. Lack of sleep must be effecting my memory. Got all the numbers of my NIno mixed up in my head. Been happening quite a bit recently. Anyway, Thanks again.

Thanks but i've just realised it ends in 13. Lack of sleep must be effecting my memory. Got all the numbers of my NIno mixed up in my head. Been happening quite a bit recently. Anyway, Thanks again.

Ah well, it happens. :-)

• 4 years later...
Benefit payments are released overnight. JSA, ESA, IB and IS should clear in three working days. Example:

You sign on for JSA on Monday. Overnight from Monday to Tuesday your payment is released by the computer system. The three working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and your payment will be available on Thursday.

If a processor presses the "Pay this person" button on Wednesday, the payment would be released overnight Wed to Thursday. So three working days are Thursday, Friday, with payment available to the customer on Monday. This is a function of the banking system, not the DWP.

Hello. Ive just been linked to this post.

Is this still the same? I only ask as this was a 2012 post.

Many thanks :)

Hello. Ive just been linked to this post.

Is this still the same? I only ask as this was a 2012 post.

Many thanks :)

I get paid every 2 weeks on a Thursday if thats any help.

Thank you.