the long road ahead - Abbey/Santander - *** SUCCESS ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi ims21 thanks for the reply and the help

but i think that there's some sort of mixup all the figures you are asking for are on the copy of my original loan agreement that santander sent last thursday and i have the original settlement letter with the final payments and the total of the rebate

if i list all the figures could santander workout it's me using the website ?

If you are worried about being identified then PM them to me although for a PPI claim I don't see why that would be an issue?

The reason I ask for them is that you seem to be having problems with the maths. If you would like me to start you off, I need the figures.

Thanks

ims :-)

OK got your PM.

In your spreadsheet you should list the 45 payments of £16.40 you made against the PPI part of the loan.

You then need to make a final entry for the settlement. you calculate the final entry as follows.

Your PPI part of the loan is 16.04% of the total (given by PPI Loan / Total Loan x 100).

Apply that percentage to the settlement figure before the PPI rebate but after allowing for the interest rebate and you get £280.98.

Deduct the PPI rebate of £42.15 from that figure and you get £238.83 as the final entry in the spreadsheet. The date you use for this entry is the date of settlement.

That is the spreadsheet completed.

thanks ims21 for that just about made it more simple i still find working with the spreadsheet a bit of a task but i think i have finaly got it right i have put in the 45 payments and then the final payment as previous post

is the total from the spreadsheet my claim ? am i ready to make a claim

is there some other claim letters i could have a read of from other members so i can compose my own or should i stick to the template letters (what should i be searching for) to read on the forum

i noted that abbey was charging me 12.8% yet the spreadsheet shows 8% is this correct

much appreciated thanks

Yes the spreadsheet is your claim amount.

The interest charged by the bank is included in the monthly repayment you made so you have claimed that back via the spreadsheet.

The 8% is the extra you will get back on top.

You need to complete a fos questionnaire available from here

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

Send a print of the spreadsheet and the completed questionnaire to the lender with a brief covering letter effectively saying "Here's my claim, give me my money back"

They will have 8 weeks to investigate and give you a final decision.

hi all i have put in a sicky today to get this form filled in and send my claim on it's way

just a couple of points i have now completed the ppi claim form ims21 sugested and the spreadsheet can any one point me to a good claim letter i could use or have a read at just to help me compose my own and what''s the address for santander is it the complaints department or something ells

is this list all i have to send

1 copy of loan agreement

2 printout of the completed ppi questionnaire (from fos)

3 printout of completed spreadsheet

and finaly a claim letter

thanks in advance

You only need a brief covering letter because all of the reasons for the reclaim have been given in the completed fos questionnaire. There isn't a template for it.

If it were me I would send the stuff to their registered office, recorded delivery so you know when they get it.

The three items you mention above are all the enclosures you need to send.

thanks ims21 but i wanted to get it posted yesterday so i posted it to the complaints address recorded signed for as recomended on there website

i have allso posted a sar letter to citigroup i have about 4 or 5 loans i know i had and each one was paid of with another loan and i know they all had ppi because i was told i would not get the loan if i did'nt take it out so it's a waiting game

allso just a quick one my wife seems to think that we had another small loan before this one i am claiming but the sar reply from santander only had one loan agreemet in it when i sent the sar i requested all my loans with this company

any thoughts

• 3 weeks later...

great news i have recived a offer from santander a little under what i calculated but i think it's a fair offer

i claimed £1693 the offer is for £1607.48

there is a explanation of the redress but i don't understand it if anyone is interested in it i can email it to you if you give me your email address i cannot seem to upload the scan of it for every one to see

thanks ims21 for all your help and anyone ells that has helped me

city group have not replyed to the sar yet still 20 days waiting time to go

i will make a donation when i recive the cash

This is good news and if you calculated £1,693 an the offer is £1,607, I would say that is pretty good.

Your offer letter should break it down into premiums paid, associated interest and the 8% portion.

Let us know when you get the money and we can update your thread title to reflect your success.

hi all just to let you know that the money was credited to my account on friday i posted the acceptance letter on monday so i can now say that i am a winner at last

i will now go and donate for all the help next city group and others don't loose hart keep on going

hi i don't know if i should start a new thread for citi group ?

anyways i have recived a letter from citi group and my postal order for £10.00 sayng before thay can provide the requested information send a copy of a utility bill ,bank statment as proof of your current address is this just a stalling tactic or normal procedure

thanks in advance