Egg / Barclaycard credit agreement not signed.

osst1992
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I hope someone can help me.

I took out an Egg credit card about 2001 / 2002 & I have received from BarclayCard a copy of the credit agreement.

The copy they have sent me (which I presume must be the only one they have) is not signed by myself as I applied for it online

and I cannot remember being sent something in the post to sign and send back.

Is this agreement legally enforceable and if it's not what should my next step be?

Many thanks in advance.

so why did you CCA them?

do you owe them money?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

tell us the story/history please

and check the status of the debt on your cra file too

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I took the card out with Egg online as I mentioned,

paid the card off once,

ran a balance up & was paying that off until Egg sold the card debt to BarclayCard so I stopped paying the installments.

The account is in default & they've passed the debt onto the usual debt collection companies to try & recover the balance of £3,329.42.

I do know that debt collectors (as opposed to bailiffs / HCEOs) have no more power of collection than you or I have got.

Hope this helps.

IMHO i would SAR thm

ever looked at PPI/PENALTY charges reclaiming?

dx

and they

not as easy as you think it is esp as this was an online application.

the sdays of wriggling out of your debts

through a paperwork error are long gone. sadly

you can try.......

however we do not condone debt avoidance on cag

dx

and they

Hello,

I hope someone can help me.

I took out an Egg credit card about 2001 / 2002 & I have received from BarclayCard a copy of the credit agreement.

The copy they have sent me (which I presume must be the only one they have) is not signed by myself as I applied for it online

and I cannot remember being sent something in the post to sign and send back.

Is this agreement legally enforceable and if it's not what should my next step be?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi osst1992.

Egg cards around that period were applied for online and then followed up by post with a full agreement which you would have been required to sign and return. I had one too.

The copy agreement that you've been sent - is it a copy of your agreement I wonder. Is it dated? And what are the penalty charges quoted in the small print? If you do as DX says and send the SAR leter then there's a good chance that you'll get a copy of the actual agreement if they have it. I obtained mine through that route.

I'm not arguing the enforcibility of the agreement but I do have an issue with the PPI on mine. Your SAR will also get you the statements (mine go all the way back to the beginning) and you'll be able to see from that if whether or not you had PPI on the account.

Is the collector one of BCs in house companies or someone else?

Mike

EDIT: forget PPI - post crossed with DX's

Mike

Edited by MandM
posts crossed

When was the last time you made payment to the account ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for all the replies. I last made a payment November 2011.

The "credit agreement" they've sent me isn't a copy of mine as it doesn't mention me at all. It looks like a general draft one. There is one sheet of A4 paper with my name and previous address printed on it but anyone could print that out. My letter asked for a copy of the credit agreement and they haven't sent me it. Can I now demand they write the debt off?

where are you getting this stuff about being able to demand a debt be written off

because a creditor does not have a signed CCA?

you really want to stand infront of a judge

and suddenly say

'after 11yrs of paying this debt, judge , i now contest its not my debt?'

good luck!!

dx

and they

Hi Osst,

BC are not obliged to send you a credit agreement signed by you in response to a CCA request. They can respond with a set of terms and conditions that were applicable when you opened the a/c. The lack of a signature or date on what they've sent you may be irrelevant.

This is not proof that they have no signed agreement. And, as it's an online application, they may not ever need to produce a signed agreement as your ticked box may be enough to show your consent at the time.

Do you have all the a/c statements for the last 6 years. If so, you can at least reclaim penalty charges from BC.

Even if you just have recent statements that show all penalty charges from whenever you were unable to pay, that'll do.

If you don't have the necessary statements, use this - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

The debt is not going to get written off in the near future.

If you're in Financial Difficulty, you can ask BC to stop adding further interest and penalties to the a/c. See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?557-Letter-for-an-application-for-consideration-for-hardship

Also work out what you CAN pay towards the debt each month so you can try and stop this getting worse.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)