SD from Lowells via Hampton Legal for CAP1 card debt - HELP!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

just recieved this from USA and thought it may give everyone a laugh on here..............

Cancel your credit card before you die.

Be sure and cancel your credit cards before you die! This is so

priceless, and so easy to see happening , customer service being what

it is today.

A lady died this past January, and Citibank billed her for February and

March for their annual service charges on her credit card, and added

late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance had been

$0.00 when she died, but now somewhere around $60.00. A family member

placed a call to Citibank.

Here is the exchange :

Family Member: 'I am calling to tell you she died back in January.'

Citibank : 'The account was never closed and the late fees and charges

still apply.'

Family Member : 'Maybe you should turn it over to collections.'

Citibank : 'Since it is two months past due, it already has been.'

Family Member : 'So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?'

Citibank : 'Either report her account to frauds division or report her

to the credit bureau, maybe both!'

Family Member : 'Do you think God will be mad at her? '

Citibank: 'Excuse me?'

Family Member: 'Did you just get what I was telling you - the

part about her being dead?'

Citibank : 'Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor.'

Supervisor gets on the phone:

Family Member : 'I'm calling to tell you, she died back in January with

a $0 balance.'

Citibank : 'The account was never closed and late fees and charges

still apply.'

Family Member : 'You mean you want to collect from her estate?'

Citibank : (Stammer) 'Are you her lawyer?'

Family Member : 'No, I'm her great nephew.' (Lawyer info was given)

Citibank: 'Could you fax us a certificate of death?'

Family Member : 'Sure.' (Fax number was given)

After they get the fax :

Citibank : 'Our system just isn't setup for death. I don't know what

more I can do to help.'

Family Member : 'Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could

just keep billing her. She won't care.'

Citibank: 'Well, the late fees and charges will still apply.'

(What is wrong with these people?!?)

Family Member : 'Would you like her new billing address?'

Citibank : 'That might help....'

Family Member : ' Odessa Memorial Cemetery , Highway 129, Plot Number

69.'

Citibank : 'Sir, that's a cemetery!'

Family Member : 'And what do you do with dead people on your planet???'

(Priceless!!)

And you wondered why Citibank needed help

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have given them Gods address. Somewhere in the US mid west.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi CAG

Just recieved reply to my SAR from capone.Cannot review my request as my signature does not match their records.I DID NOT SIGN IT YOU MORON!!!!

They want me to send a copy of d/licence or passport, and say the 40 day time limit does not start to run "UNTIL WE RECIEVE THE CORRECT DOCUMENTATION". All this does is make me want to be as irritating and irksome as they are,but I dont want to sink to the level of these **** sucking pond lifes, so advice would be appreciated,as usual!

Also got a court date for 26/10/12,any advice on what papers I need to prepare?

Thanks in anticipation....

Delaying tactic why they try to rustle some data from anywhere, respond and state that the date still runs from your initial request and you now have xx days left to comply.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

hi Andy

the 40 days ran out on 7th August........

Have sent a recorded delivery letter asking for the requested information immediately....I wont hold my breath!!!

Edited by bluekooga

You should have advised that you would bring their reluctance to supply information to the Court..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi citizenB

Would it be too late to mention it in court? Was hoping to mention a few things when in court,or does it not work that way?

I dont see any reason why you cant mention that you have been disadvantaged by their prevarication in supplying information.

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 42man

Today received reply to my second subject access request under data protection act 1998........"as we have previously advised you,we are unable to review your request as the signature you provided us with did not match our records.Under DPA 1998 sect 7 subsection 3a we are obliged to verify the identity of each requestor.I apologise if this is causing you any inconvenience.

As you will appreciate,we owe our customers duty of confidentiality and therefore we are unable to disclose personal information unless we can confirm receipt of an appropriate form of authority.We feel this is a reasonable request and that it is a necessary,basic requirement in order to avoid a breach of regulatory and data protection duties owed to our customers.

In order foor us to provide you with the requested information,please write to me again together with a copy of your signature or a copy of documentsshowing your current signature(this could be a driving licence or passport) at this address

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

xxxxx

NG2 3HX

We acknowledge receipt of a £10 fee required by the DPA1998

Please note that the 40 day time limitto provide you with the SAR does not start to run until we receive the correct documentation

Liam Quegan

Head of Executive response Centre

This all seems like infantile tit for tat,is there any thing that can be done to get them to release the information as originally requested,or do I have to jump through their hoops?

I think you should drop them a line (recorded) explain that they have always sent their statements / letters to your address for X years. they can ask you for your signature but I would put lines through it. Enclose a copy of your passport or driving licence.

You could point out at the same time that it is an offence to copy a driving licence or Passport in this country !! Although I would assume it is the same in the USA !

BCOBS

From the ICO's web page (for businesses)

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide/principle_6/access_to_personal_data.aspx

Can I ask for more information before responding to a subject access request?

The Act allows you to confirm two things before you are obliged to respond to a request.

First, you can ask for enough information to judge whether the person making the request is the individual to whom the personal data relates. This is to avoid personal data about one individual being sent to another, accidentally or as a result of deception.

The key point is that you must be reasonable about what you ask for. You should not request lots more information if the identity of the person making the request is obvious to you. This is particularly the case, for example, when you have an ongoing relationship with the individual.

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

Hi CAG, just got sar reply after two x of asking. 3months!!! Agreement taken out in 2004 with Capone,stating I was self employed,but does the fact it was taken out prior to 2005 FSA rules mean I cannot claim?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Hi CAG, just got sar reply after two x of asking. 3months!!! Agreement taken out in 2004 with Capone,stating I was self employed,but does the fact it was taken out prior to 2005 FSA rules mean I cannot claim?

Thanks in advance for any advice

PPI claim back ? Yes I cannot see any reason why not. Remember that some threads are several pages long, so be specific about what you are looking at. PPI, Charges.

What is the score with debt collection on this one ?

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/product_news/insurance/payment_protection_insurance_/claim-back-ppi

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Uncle bulgaria

Statutory demand for bankruptcy issued by Howells/capone etc, have applied to have this set aside but have been requesting information from them for the last 3 months and,surprisingly they have been nothing but obstructive.Small piece of info recieved on Sat after 3 months, but dont help me much as I am in court for the hearing tomorrow

should be in a room (chambers) with you and them across a table. judge in the middle. present your reasons for set aside with any evidence, as per your form/statement etc. they'll try to object and question, you can then rebut anything they say. mention any of their failures to comply with rules etc. judge will do his/her bit, prompt/question etc. remind that needed sar incomplete. cca request outstanding? at beginning, remind judge you are litigant in person. take a copy of particular docs. if set aside, ask for your costs as LinP (could prepare a costs schedule prior). they may approach you at court prior to hearing to try to settle/negotiate. haven't read thread, so excuse if anything wide.

counterclaim/set off re ppi etc? mention that

some info 'Where the debtor (a) claims to have a counterclaim, set-off or cross demand (whether or not he could have raised it in the action in which the judgment or order was obtained) which equals or exceeds the amount of the debt or debts specified in the statutory demand or (b) disputes the debt (not being a debt subject to a judgment, order, liability order, costs certificate or tax assessment) the court will normally set aside the statutory demand if, in its opinion, on the evidence there is a genuine triable issue.' Insolvency Pract Direction 13.4.4

some further info also http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/Publications

Edited by Ford

ps, just noticed is this re a judgment debt? in which case, would need to rely on a) above rather than b) which would be n/a as there is a judgment?

if so, have you applied to get the judgment setaside?