esa and return to work credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been on ESA/JSA since otcober 2010 i am now on 14th week of ESA i am considering ending my claim on wednesday, i would only loose one days money which im sure would not be much.

I have spoke to tax credits on the phone we went through the basics and she gave me a figure of what i could get a week, so they already know everything i just have to phone up on the day i go self employed.

I have also found out that the back to work credit is not counted towards housing and council tax benefit, so i would still get that paid for me as they only class tax credits as income, this i got from my buisness advisor , i havent as yet spoke to the council as i havent signed off, how ever i have now posted my forms for return to work credit.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be aware of when it comes to low earners and the self employed that the Tax office have been clamping down hard on claimants. Saying that they're not doing either enough hours for the money earned or they're not doing proper ruminative work.

See this thread over on here to see what I mean.

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/1956/

Thanks for that, i know i wont get loads of people overnight, i have a wedding booked for end of this month, i am also going to be putting out leaflets etc, local to where i live, and leaving business in as many places asi can, including my friends barbers shop.

I know that the guidline figures i have given HMRC are just that but when i rang and spoke to them we took the higher figure as what i would earn, fingers crossed i wont be looking at over payments.

Yeah, maybe just leave it If thats the case. I've decided I'm going to attend my medical and before I get the 'You're cured!' result sign off. It's not like I'm still not ill, juts that I've managed to find a system of doing limited work by myself.

Have just got off the phone to the back to work credit people they have my paperwork etc, and have now confirmed dates for when i start work which is from tomorrow, it will take 2-3 weeks for payment to come through which isnt too bad, thats one less phone call to make in the morning.

Had to chase my back to work bonus today or job grant which ever it is called.

Rang my local BDC to be told there was nothing down on my records, yet i asked for it last week, she promised me a phone call with in 3 hours, wasnt holding much hope to get it.

I did get a phone call to be told yes i did qualify and it would be in my account by friday, now just waiting on tax credits form coming.

As long as you have claimed a benefit for 26 weeks without a break you are entitled to a job grant, £100 for a single person £250 for a couple or if you have a child

It doesn't need to be the same benefit either. So, if you claim ESA for 12 weeks and then JSA for the other 14 (at least) you'll get the grant too. And the council tax and housing benefit run on if that applies too.