broken laptop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i bought a laptop from a catalogue campany ,i have had it 7 months ,this morning i opened it up and turned it on and it looks like it is cracked from the inside and has black ink stains on it,it has not been droped or damaged,i contacted the catalogue,and they said to phone the laptop company,i phoned and they said they dont cover screens on laptop,iam left with a broken laptop and still have to make the payments for it,is catalogue company responsible.thanks

Hi Shamrock and sorry you've received no other replies.

Your contract is with the supplier from whom you bought the laptop and this has nothing to do with the manufacturer.

Go back to the catalogue and insist that they take care of the problem as required by consumer legislation.

If you have to return the item to them for inspection and a possible warranty repair, I suggest you take good quality photos of the laptop showing close-ups of each corner of the base and lid. Then if they come back saying, "It's your fault because you must have dropped it." you will have photos to show it was in good condition (I hope) with no signs of being dropped.

They may still argue that they don't cover screen damage, in which case, you need to check the small print of your T&C's.

What make is the lappy. You should be able to purchase an original replacement screen or a cheaper compatible version for under £100. If you can't fit this yourself, a PC repair shop should be able to fit a new screen but find out the likely cost from a few repairers first.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)