Swinton threatening me for £120 fees

Caz215
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Every year I always shop around for my car insurance, I never auto renew it, my car insurance was due in mid May.

At the end of April I got a phonecall from Swinton's Stratford-upon-Avon branch and I told him I was NOT renewing my policy with them as was not happy with how my policy had been dealt with or the renewal price, I'd got the renewal info a day before, he said it was the best price I was getting, my response was to again say I am not renewing my policy with your company.

I bought and paid in full for a new policy with another company, a week after the renewal date the 1st envelope from Swinton arrived with my 'thanks for renewing your policy' and the documents enclosed :|, I phoned up and asked what they were playing at as I'd already told them I was not renewing etc etc, get told I have to return the documents and provide proof of insurance.

The 2nd letter with the 2nd certificate etc arrived within 3 days, so I made a round trip of 28 miles, gave them their certificates and bumf back, they refused to print out my certificate which was the only proof I had as my insurers are online (my printers broken) they refused to accept the cert number as proof (most other companies do this OK), so I got angry and told them to f off :mad2: and they were getting no money out of me for something I didn't want or ask for, I also told them I had cancelled my direct debit and warned my bank (normally I pay in full).

Since this I have had a few letters mentioning about my direct debit, then they're going to reapply for my direct debit and now they want £120 for fees for this product I never wanted to start with.............................the saga is ongoing :violin:

hi caz

if you tell swinton you want a copy of that telephone conversation when you told them "NO" that should work. if not, then follow my story from rebels link above. you should not have to pay anything - not even the £50 as they will try to say "its in terms n conditions" rubbish!! threaten FSA etc. good luck! let me know!

:cheer2: Pretty Princess Charlie :cheer2:

• 4 weeks later...

Well they have stolen the £120.98 from my account, I gave them proof of continuous insurance and they still helped themselves fraudulently out of my account, i have been down 3 times regarding this since they took the money, was told I was owed a refund but today got told 'Ageas haven't sent confirmation they received the proof of insurance so are you sure you sent it?' my reply was 'yes I am sure that it was sent from your fax machine 2 weeks ago', attitude changed then and he come back with 'have you got it with you now?', me 'yeah cause I always carry it round with me.......................you want to carry on with this messing around then fine I'm just going to go straight to the ombudsman and report you and your theiving company', their attitude sucks, Nationwide have given me a form to fill in to dispute the transaction so will let y'all know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh well I filled out the Visa Transaction Dispute form and sent all my info in with it, got a full refund via that but with a warning attached stating that even though they agreed with my dispute the transaction dispute now gets sent to Swinton's bank, if Swinton refute the transaction and/or their bank put up a fight it could be taken back..........................fat chance accounts now closed just to make sure once and for all that Swinton never get the chance to help themselves to my money again :eyebrows:

• 2 months later...