ESA Reassessment????

Dilizjo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

: Dilizjo:

'what the hell is going on,'? By the look of it, not a lot with recorded messicals.

Praps your benefit delivery centre is waiting for the Astressors to sometime never get back to them. At least you've still got the letter from their 'customer relations'. The waiting doesn't bother me cos it's less stressful than waiting for a tribunal.

Take care, Margaret.

: Dilizjo:

'what the hell is going on,'? By the look of it, not a lot with recorded messicals.

Praps your benefit delivery centre is waiting for the Astressors to sometime never get back to them. At least you've still got the letter from their 'customer relations'. The waiting doesn't bother me cos it's less stressful than waiting for a tribunal.

Take care, Margaret.

Hi. Can you just clarify this for me please.

If you are waiting for a reassessment then you do not have to send in Doctors certificates.

I have just received a new ESA50 to be sent back before 30 th Nov.

Will I carry on getting my ESA until I fail my medical. Then I presume I will have to send in Doctors notes until my tribunal.

So if I keep asking for a recorded medical I will carry on receiving my ESA without a medical.

I am just dreading going through all of these hoops again.

Does anyone get awarded ESA without a medical but just by your supporting evidence with your ESA50.

My medication alone should rule me out of being able to work.

Thanks in advance. SJ

:sj01:

: Dilizjo: is/was waiting for a call back from a benefit delivery centre. It concerned Atos trying to change arrangements for an audio recorded assessment.

For a few claimants, if they've previously endured a face to face assessment, or meet the exceptional/special circumstances, for an award of employment and support allowance, supporting evidence enclosed with the ESA50 exempts them from another visit to Atos.

Most claimants are made to attend a face to face assessment and they can ask in advance (best done on the ESA50 initially), for it to be audio recorded by Atos. Assuming there's no change of circs while waiting, payment of employment n support continues at the same rate until there's a decision from a Jobcentreplus decision maker following a recorded/unrecorded assessment.

Med3 (unfit) notes aren't needed during reassessment, however long it takes. They are required, as evidence of limited capability for work, to enable assessment rate employment n support to be paid whilst waiting for an appeal hearing.

Regards, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

Hi, sorry not been on to update, but health not been good:(

I got a call back telling me that I have an assessment booked on 9th November, apparently this appt was made on the 28th October, a Sunday??????? ATOS work on a Sunday?????? I got the written appt letter last Wednesday also dated 28th. The woman at the DWP said it would be recorded. I have yet to ring which I will be doing in the morning to confirm recording.

Saw my GP on Fri he is fuming with ATOS and has asked me to pick up a letter and a full report of my medication, health status and the way it effects my well-being and capabilities. He has now diagnosed stress and anxiety which he is blaming on the "debilitating system" his words. So now more medication to take:( Thank you ATOS

Just remember that ATOSSERS can work miracles to declare you fit to work so having DWP work Sundays is nowt to them. All the best with your assessment, but look out for the person doing the assessment stopping you to check what they have typed in then moving to the next discripter without giving you a chance to complete what you were saying from the last point.

dpick

He has now diagnosed stress and anxiety which he is blaming on the "debilitating system" his words. So now more medication to take:( Thank you ATOS

Stuff like this doesn't surprise me. Do know a few people who have depression as a result of this. And they want people back to work?

:Hi Dilizjo:

There's a very good reason that one of my pseudonyms for Atos is the Astressors! Is your daughter able to get time off? Again! Doubt pinocchio'll do more than skim read the doc's letter but it might help your cause with a decision maker.

'The woman at Work n Pensions said it'd be recorded'. :lol: She's one up on Atos if she knows where their few working recorders are. Sarcasm aside, I hope it gets sorted this time.

Be kind to yourself, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

:Overtime:

Yep, the Astressors are working on Sundays and not only at arranging appointments. Such is their backlog, at least one assessment centre is trying to do messicals on Sundays as well. According to Atos, 'we can ask you to have a medical on any day we wish'.

Margaret.

:Overtime:

Yep, the Astressors are working on Sundays and not only at arranging appointments. Such is their backlog, at least one assessment centre is trying to do messicals on Sundays as well. According to Atos, 'we can ask you to have a medical on any day we wish'.

Margaret.

They can ask, but I wonder if there might be more people than they expect who cannot attend on Sunday/Saturday/Friday or whichever day applies because of their religious beliefs?

How much extra must it be costing DWP (since it's generally their buildings) to open up at the weekend? Extra heat, electricity, staff, security .... Must be costing far more than they are saving by kicking everyone over to JSA.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thank you all:) I love the support this forum offers:)

Luckily this week my daughter is on leave from work so can attend with me:)

As for trying to skip from one descriptor to another without a full and precise explanation on how that descriptor applies to me I can be very stubborn and definitely will do all in my power not to allow it as will my daughter.

Would sit with my fingers crossed till Thursday but RA won't allow it:( So I'll keep everything crossed I can and go in with head high:)

During the Industrial Injuries medical everything you say is written down then read back to you and you have to sign to say you agree, this would be a better system for ESA.

Why are the systems so different. This would save a lot of people asking for reconsiderations and tribunals.

OK folks appt at 10:00am and here I am at home at 11:20..... Reeling in anger and utter disgust!!!!!!:mad2:

Left home at 9:10 to arrive on time, which we did. At reception we were asked to go into the waiting room so the lady they were dealing with at the desk could finish and I would not be left standing... we did this and whilst in there I noticed there were only 2 chairs with arms in the whole room both hidden behind a door that was propped open... not good for for a medical centre really...:!:

When the lasy was finished at reception we walked through only to be met with.... "We tried to ring you at 8:55" my reply was "I am sorry you didn't as I was still at home at that time"... my daughter told them she picked me up at 9:09am.... At this point the stress became too much for me I am sad to admit I sat down and burst into tears:-(. they then changed the time of the call to 9:10am.

I was surprised that there were 2 people at reception, the second person was looking at a file. I then voiced that this was now getting ridiculous and that ATOS had been putting me through this situation for 5 months now and if they want me to attend another appt it would be more advisable after Christmas, the receptionist said she would report that back to them. My daughter told them that as she was my only support that could attend the assessments with me she had taken leave to attend this one and would not be able to arrange any further leave till the New Year.

The reason for cancelling was that the equipment had not arrived from Bootle:evil:, I informed them that I had spoken to Bootle and had been reassured that it would take place and would be recorded. The equipment was in Carlisle then and would be transported to my centre for my assessment this morning.

The other person then introduced herself as the assessor that I would have been having and on looking at my file and the evidence that she saw in there it should be passed straight back for scrutiny and that she thought I would not have to attend an assessment...... which sounds positive but tbh I take anything an ATOS employee says with a pinch of salt. At this point I suggested that Support Group would be a better option as no employer would be interested in someone that falls asleep 2 or 3 times a day and has mobility problems85% of the time...

So guys still in the same position as I was 5 months ago and stress levels really growing:???:

Absolutely unbelievable.

Please, please submit a formal written complaint to ATOS. If you want help, I'll do my best. A complaint may not actually achieve anything, but if no one does complain then it certainly won't achieve anything.

Get your daughter to write down everything she remembers from this morning to back you up, especially the lie about the phone call, and also anything else she remembers about this whole sorry process. I suggest she puts in a claim for lost earnings too - I doubt she'll get it but if she doesn't ask, the answer is already no.

Re the stress, I've just posted this on my thread :- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?337937-IB-to-ESA-migration&p=4042481&viewfull=1#post4042481

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I will be placing a complaint and my daughter will be writing a report on this morning. Luckily enough she is well versed in writing this type of report being a manger of a children's home so it will be well worded.