style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dont tell them anything. Play letter tennis with them and theyll spam more and more since they think they have gotten someone who panics, or a cash cow.

If you want, just send the email to them stating your repayment plan, tell them that you are willing to re-evaluate your circumstances every 3 calendar months and that the offer now is non negotiable. No further correspondance will be entered into unless it is an offer of acceptance due to the ongoing harassment, intimidation and threats. Violation of this will result in a full paper trail should a court claim be needed, and the OFT, FOS and trading standards will be notified and complaints will be filed.

Keep it short, sweet and to the point.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After months of nowhere its finally come.... mini credit

Dear madam

Despite our efforts you have chosen not to settle the above outstanding account (which is now £840, as they have managed to put 3 £100 debt recovery costs on there?! but orig amount was £156.00)

We have no alternative but to escalate the matter. If full payment is not made by close of business on 22nd September the matter will be referred to our legal team. There will be legal charges added to your account.

On 10th October 2012 we will mark default status on your credit file.

Also be aware that forthcoming CCJ on your name affects severely your ability to receive credit in the future including credit cards, mortgages.

To avoid futher unneccessary costs please ensure payment is sent by return.

OK, so what do I say to them now and what do I do now???

Its the usual drivel from them. Get it to the OFT, and make a formal complaint with minicredit so you can escalate it to the FOS.

They are trying to skirt the law, so they can extort money from you under threats of adding defaults/CCJ's. Look at it this way, if they did try to go to court, they would have a very hard time explaining to a judge exactly why theyve added on so many charges and escalated a debt from £156 to almost £1000.

Not to mention they have refused repayment terms based on your financial circumstances.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It's almost shockingly disgusting how mini credit have acted. 4 pdl companies have accepted your payment plans... Some easier than others but all the same.

And as for leaning stream... Good luck. They didn't answer my correspondence until they'd added a few charges onto my account a couple of years ago

• 2 months later...

Right I am now a couple more months down the line. All still bar Minicredit on board. This was apparently passed to Opos which is fair enough. They tried to call me a couple of times on my mobile while I was at work. but they haven't ever tried my mobile and no letters have been received......I can't even get on to Oposlimited.com has their website changed or something happened to them?

What should I do now regarding them? Just a bit concerned incase they try and contact me at old address which is where my dad lives....