Dixons SOGA obligations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a TV from Dixons 15 months ago. The TV immediately switches off when switched on - so it has a fault and this problem is common with flat screen TVs in view of the threads posted to this and other forums.

I have written to Dixons requesting a free of charge repair. They have advised me that they can collect and inspect the TV for £95 to determine if there is a manufacturing fault.

Have any other members used Dixons inspection service? How was it for you?

Were any manufacturing faults found?

Do members prefer to get an independent report to provide evidence of failure of manufacturers' components prior to requesting a free of charge repair from the retailer?

Sean

Hi spotty

Welcome to CAG

Have a read of 10,12 and 13 in my signature.

I would be tempted to get an independent inspection done, it doesn't make sense to use their service.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Hello Sean,

Hope you read this! I felt compelled to reply as my TV is also faulty, 15 months old, and from Dixons!

I have just sent my tv to them and have let them carry out a report without having my own done first. I thought I would put my trust in them.

The good news is they have found a defect, are replacing the screen, and refunding me my £95....however...it wasn't easy!

My tv had a really feint line down the middle of the screen which they claimed their engineers couldn't see. So I had a phonecall telling me that there was nothing wrong with the TV and that they would be returning it and my £95 was down the drain.

I refuted this and sent them picture evidence of the line, and insisted the engineers take a closer look. I got my way and they saw the line in the end. It took many emails, phonecalls, and bombarding their facebook over the course of a few days but it was worth it.

Your problem certainly sounds easier to spot than mine though. So I would go for it and get them to do the report. I suggest taking a video of the fault before you send it off.

To summarise though, I found their customer service was (mostly) helpful. It wasn't their fault the engineer had rubbish eyes.

Good luck with it. :-)

Facebook/twitter bombarding - the new fast track court service as everyone can see it.

True, this tactic also worked for me when fighting ebuyer over a defective laptop. It's all in the public domain.