got defaulted/claim back fees + Car Repo Too - GE money - now got claim form - HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the invited guests will explain it far better than me.

however, if a credit agreement is wrongly terminated, [i'e on the back of an invalid DN]

then that is the only figure the OC can demand .

read that link i sent

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

read that link i sent

dx

:noidea: did you send me a link dx?

apologies, am a bit brain dead here :boink:lol

would appreciate the link again please :thumb:

No rush to do it tonight though dx, have to go to bed now, last few weeks of work coming up ...... redundancy looms on the horizon :censored:

Thanks

AS

thats funny its gone

hang on

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

Ok... have been reading the thread (and a couple others)....... confusing lol.

The DN (invlaid because of late fees?) amount = £491.95 but later it was stated on termination as £556.34

Account then terminated, claiming full amount of £1723.64 (after £28 rebate)

The charges claimed for and refused (including interest) = £587.07

The part I am getting confused over is in respect to an invalid DN :???:

Can Santander not just issue a new DN? Even when they have terminated (albeit unlawfully)?

I think I am getting somewhere understanding bad DN's etc only to read something else

Clarity is a good thing and I seek it please :madgrin: lol

AS

Edited by Always Struggling
Added question about DN - bold

people must be away.

pinged 3 last night

dx

and they

you cannot terminate a credit account on a duff default notice

if you receive a county court claim for instance and you do a defence on a duff default notice

all the claimant would have to do is withdraw the action, then reissue the claim on the back of sending a compliant default notice

you can argue part 38 discontinuence but it would be up to the judge to decide in the case management stage to procede with the new claim or not

if the account had been sold to a DCA, all that would mean is the account was live at the point of sale so the DCA would be able to issue their own DN

the way you would deal with that is the failing of the DCA in regards as to how the account was assigned and how the notice of assignment to the debtor was conducted as to statutory legislation

pick holes in the NOA, the DCA would be screewed

Edited by squaddie

Yes thx squaddie I was asking that point in my post but I think Brig and dx are referring to the fact that late charges have a bearing on the DN amount and that Santander have have subsequently terminated unlawfully.

I say 'think' though lol :razz:

If it was just the fact that the DN might be bad by a day or so then I would expect your point to be exactly the case.

From Brigs and dx's posts it would appear another course is/has presented itself.

AS

and they

The only problem i have is with a Default notice served under 87 (1) CCA 1974 and penalty charges (lawful or not) being included is that it can be seen that you entered into a contractual obligation as to the creditors t&c.

That being the case, any penalty charges that are added to any outstanding balance would be deemed to be lawful as would be contractual.

Even the FOS state now in their code of practice that a £12 fee would be deemed reasonable, although it would be a matter for the court, but the courts can and do take codes of practice into consideration when reaching a decision when enlightened

i agree when you take out say a loan, all the contractual repayments and perscribed terms are enclosed over the term of any loan and penalty payments are extra

but

The only way to convince me on any other possibility would be to show me where in the Default and Termination Regulations or CCA 1974 where a Default penalty or Default interest payments cannot be added to a default notice served under 87 (1) cca 1974 (STATUTE LAW)

Even with the default interest, the creditor has to give the debtor an opportunity to pay the sum before it is added to the balance

(notification of default sums)

In short

i do not know the answer to your question until it has been confirmed by statutory means or case law,

And not

Accredited Codes of Practice or non Accredited (guidance)

or unsubstantiated advice

THE ONLY EXCEPTION I CAN SEE IS SECTION 86 OF THE CCA (AMENDED)

giving notice of default sums

If people advise on any course of action, then they should be expected to confirm it by as stated, relevant statutory authority or case law, (links) the poster can then understand what is being said and advised

sorry for the long post i i thought it relevant

Edited by squaddie

Absolutely positive DX it's just the ICOs way of putting things,

If the charges are the bulk of the default sum the default

should not have been placed at all.

So is a go challenge which I have used successfully.

Hi Brig, can you elaborate on this please?

Been looking through ICO guidances and can't find the points you refer to.

I see what you mean but need to understand this myself so I approach things right in a letter.

I had understood a bad DN can be easily recitified and terminations on the back of it are just invalid terminations.

What would I put in a letter to Santand to explain why they are wrong in doing what they have done?

Am eager to understand this :-)

AS

Ok it's no in the general guidance but is an update of

Technical Guidance.

Yes a defective DN is easlly rectified.

The guidance and that is really all it is, is intended to offer

a level of fairness when defaults are placed, as said if the default

sum is made up of charges, which when applied said charges cause

the default, the default should not be placed.

I'm not at my office this week so have no access to the document but

frm memory it is an update of version 3 of Technical Guidance August

2007. I think section 12 (Exceptions)>

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

have been reading the posts but am confused by it all lol.

Shall i send them a letter saying that my offer of £100 per month is still there, or shall i just wait to hear from them next?

can someone please advise on this

thanks

naomi25 has asked me to post the latest lettter received from anglia as she's having a problem uploading to the forum.

The amount is now £735, up from their last letter in June of £531 with no explaination as to why.

Also sent them a letter before saying the account was in dispute but they seemed to have ignored this.

What letter shall i reply to them with ?

angliasant.pdf

Edited by Always Struggling

Get a full breakdown, and throw the debt into dispute until they comply.

Also, they are just a DCA. Ignore them as they have zero legal rights to the debt. The extra debt is probably them trying to claim fees. Also send them the doorstep collector letter from the cag library. As for further action, thats just a lie. They cant take ANY action on the debt whatsoever. Only the owner of the debt can.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yep. Basically tell the DCA to go play on the motorway or something. Only deal with the OC.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Has a formal CCA reqest been made?

If so what did they send in reply - and if not make one now.

That ltter from Anglia is designed to cause alarm and distress by threatening to visit you at your place of work. Report this to the OFT immediatley with a copy of the letter - Also complain about the default situation and Santander.

Best to complain to Polly Ashford at the OFT.

I love how they call themselves "agents", in a vain and futile attempt to make people believe they have any authority over anything.

i havent sent a CCA request because when i did the SAR i received the agreement with that.

will send them a doorstep letter, as have now received a letter from them saying they are sending an agent to my property.

Send a formal CCA request - and lets see what they send you back to see if it complies. A CCA request is more than just a request for a copy of the agreement - they should also send you a statement that clearly shows how they have came to the figures they are claiming and when they became due.

Many companies fail to FULLY comply with a CCA request - and this makes it a legal bar to enforcement.