Help required with keeping in contact with employer whilst off sick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lilythepink the Union never mentioned a Solicitor when I phoned then as they had to ring the HR lady and get her views on why she did what she did without evidence. She had no rights doing this without medical evidence and a return to work prognosis. If it had been said that no I could not return to work then fair do's but nothing has been stated at all.

I see my GP the week after next and will tell him what has been going on. My consultant knew what the company were like as I told him and he said that it was just as well I was not working for the moment as he needed to give me better pain management and once this happens I can return to work,however, my company after talking to me would not listen and decided to end my job there and then, they gave me one weeks notice of coming which my Union would not have had the time to be with me.

I am not upset but just sad as I worked for a long time and in all this time my work record was good apart from when I went off sick earlier this year. I had no complaints at all off my former boss and he in actual fact gave me an outstanding reference. I will fight this because I feel that that I have been treated unfairly and been discriminated against, bullied, harassed, oh yes I have all the emails and letters to prove it too so the company had better beware as I am coming!

I will of course keep you informed of my progress.

What will be will be and none of us can change the course of history or human nature:wink:

I was told by my union that they will question a GP's report, and just say return to work, they did this to me, but I am also with a consultant and they will not challenge a consultant. You have plenty of evidence to get them on, and how cruel are those employers anyway, I know they have their business to look after, but really it is the people that abuse the system that should be targetted. Not people that are ill.

Can you not get the Equality Commission onto your case, and they are brilliant. I will take mine under bullying,and I am still waiting for a decision on whether it will go forward as a grievance or informally, which I will not agree to. Good luck...

You have to apply to the union, I have used them twice, and saved a fortune..... and won my claims.

Edited by Lilythepink
to add some more information

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)