retailer went bust ***Resolved***

99point99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey people - I bought a computer from a company that ceased trading shortly after my purchase in 2007. I had umpteen problems with the computer I bought - it turned out it was an inherent problem in that particular model of computer and Apple recognised this by fixing it on one occasion (but then decided not to fix the same problem again 6 months later). I started a thread where you can read the back story in the forums:

Faulty-iMac-manufacturing-fault-who-do-I-claim-from

I opened up an Edge card (now Santander) to purchase this computer on credit in April 2007 - I started having problems after only 2 years...and it was more or less unused ever since!

Is there a way I can get Santander to pay for it to be fixed or refund me the money? I paid £700 for a large door stopper!

Any help appreciated.

BANKING

Halifax - £428.43 - successful claim

Halifax PPI - £380 - successful claim

NatWest - £2853 - Successful Claim

Barclaycard - £663 - Successful Claim

Barclaycard PPI - £360 - Successful Claim

RETAIL

Lastminute.com - £190 - Successful Claim

Benson For Beds - £49 - Successful Claim

Santander - £420 - Successful claim to have iMac repaired under Section 75 Consumer Credit Act (Retailer went bust)

Hi 99

Have a read of 10,12 and 13 in my signature. I think you need to contact the manufacturer, also contact your Credit Card company.

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES CLICK HERE

Please don't post on an old thread.

I found some template letters on money saving expert's website and am going to try and get Santander to pay for my computer to get fixed. Hows this?

Name

Address

London

Postcode

Tel: xxxxxxxxxx

26 April 2012

Santander Cards

PO Box 700, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS99 2BD

CARD NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam

Faulty iMac - Sale of Goods Act

Ref: Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

I am writing to request that you reimburse me the value of £420.80 as payment towards fixing this item. I paid for it with my Edge credit card to Computer Warehouse on 12 April 2007.

My claim is made on the grounds that the item purchased was faulty soon after purchasing and I have been unable to resolve my complaint with the supplier who went into liquidation a few years ago, and that you are jointly and severally liable for any misrepresentation or breach of contract with the above supplier under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Furthermore I have included the receipts from the Apple store in Kingston who examined it over the last year.

They verified that the problem with the machine is an inherent manufacturing flaw. They require £420.80 to fix the problem.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

Name.

Just for the record I took it to Apple first of all and they told me it was the retailers job to refund/reimburse/fix. Which led me to Santander because the retailer went bust.

BANKING

RETAIL

Santander - £420 - Successful claim to have iMac repaired under Section 75 Consumer Credit Act (Retailer went bust)

Your correct in your last line, Apple are only responsible for what they set out in their warranty terms including time scale, despite the retailer going bust. They have no obligation under law to fix it, luckily your cc company does! Push ss75 and hopefully it all gets resolved :)

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

From what I can see it's over 5 years old now - I wonder how the CC company will act regarding this?

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

Yes, I bought it way back in 2007 but started having problems in 2009. 2 years of use for a computer I paid £700 for (same model which is worth £900 today).

I called Apple in 2009 and they gave me a unique ID referencing this problem from November 2009. The computer was more or less unuseable since then onwards until I made every effort to resolve things again when my partner started studying and needed a computer to use last year.

I have no doubt Santander will make every attempt to thwart me - I guess I will have to get the ombudsman to have a look if the bank doesn't budge.

BANKING

RETAIL

• 1 month later...

Just to report that Santander the CC company have reimbursed me £420 for the computer to be fixed! Even after all this time it is still possible to use Section 75! \o/

BANKING

RETAIL