marlin/Reston claimform - dads lloyds credit card 'debt'

NGEddie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the 30days went out years ago.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers dx

So they have failed the 12+2 to comply so far...

I was reading a few other threads on where you and others were also discussing the 30 day period after the 12+2 and there were for and against views on if to pay, or wait until the 30 has gone too?

The payment is pretty much due now, and I fully understand no agreement = no pay, however I didn't want to not pay then it alert them to look at the account again, as we are quite close to the 30 days being up too.

Is it a better position to have the 12+2 and the 30 days gone by, then send the non comply letter?

Opinions much appreciated

Cheers

E

There are some DCAs replying to CCA requests stating that They will comply within 40 days this is wrong and should be challenged immediately.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Oh right, well as I said I was reading up on similar threads which may have been a couple of years old

So should I send the no comply letter now then?

You said above...until they comply...does this mean we would have to start paying again IF they produce one?

Oh right, well as I said I was reading up on similar threads which may have been a couple of years old

So should I send the no comply letter now then?

You said above...until they comply...does this mean we would have to start paying again IF they produce one?

Yes if 12 + 2 Working days has passed, the could supply a "reconstituted" agreement that satisfies a CCA request but may not sufficient to use in court.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Ahh yes I heard that word before.

As dx picked up on before, judging by their instant offer for a FAF redunction as soon as they took it over, theres is probably a good chance they dont have a copy of the agreement.

I also just though, they at no point issued a deed of assignment, does that make a difference?!

you mean notice not deed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ahh yes I heard that word before.

As dx picked up on before, judging by their instant offer for a FAF redunction as soon as they took it over, theres is probably a good chance they dont have a copy of the agreement.

I also just though, they at no point issued a deed of assignment, does that make a difference?!

I think you mean a Notice of Assignment, the Deed of Assignment is the contract between debt seller and debt purchaser.

A NOA simply states that Company A has acquired the rights and interest of an account from Company B on xxxxxxxxxx in line with the Law of Property 1925.

NOAs can be sent by the original creditor and / or the debt purchaser.

Thanks, so the fact they have not sent one matters or not?

NOAs are not kept as hard copy on a "customers" file all that happens is a note is made on the file that the NOA was sent ona particular date, the creditor/DCA can rely on that note.

Thanks for the replies

So if as they have not supplied the aggreement in time, we stop paying, then say they do produce one, we need to start paying again? I guess it begs the question why give them the 12+2 as a time then?

So should I sent a failure to comply letter now and stop paying?

Many thanks

E

Thanks for the replies

So if as they have not supplied the aggreement in time, we stop paying, then say they do produce one, we need to start paying again? I guess it begs the question why give them the 12+2 as a time then?

So should I sent a failure to comply letter now and stop paying?

Many thanks

E

The 12 +2 Working day time scale is laid down in the CCA 1974 (as amended) i.e. a statutory requirement.

Yes stop payments if you wish, definitely send the letter now.

Ok great thanks

There seems to be fors and against but I think all the threads I was reading were old about stopping payment, so what would I expect to happen if we stop payments and send the letter?

Oh and where can I find the letter template :oops: please?

Ok great thanks

There seems to be fors and against but I think all the threads I was reading were old about stopping payment, so what would I expect to happen if we stop payments and send the letter?

Oh and where can I find the letter template :oops: please?

Letter in the CAG library.

You can expect them to "throw their toys out of the pram"/ "have a hissy fit"!!

Hmmm so which letter is it? I coudnt see an applicabale one :/

Thought as much, however, as they first off offered a FAF amount, now have not replied, I am guessing there is a good chance they do not have the agreement so dont need to pay them?

Cheers

E

Hmmm so which letter is it? I coudnt see an applicabale one :/

Thought as much, however, as they first off offered a FAF amount, now have not replied, I am guessing there is a good chance they do not have the agreement so dont need to pay them?

Cheers

E

Ok Eddie.

Just send this.

To the DCA

Ref: use theirs:

Re: Request made under sections 77/78 of CCA 1974 (as amended):

XXXXXXXXXXX has failed to comply with my lawful request made under CCA 1974 within the statutory time scale.

I know consider the matter closed.

Yours etc:

Use signed for post

Thanks very much, I cant add to yours or dx's reputation at the mo, but thanks lots to both of you!

So the general feeling from ya'll is to stop paying then?

Cheers

E

Yep go with the flow Eddie,

Your thanks are much appreciated.

Brig:

No worries, it is all much appreciated and donations shall be made accordingly :) as witrhout sites like this the boostoods would walk all over us!

So possibly obvious question, lol, on the template where it says:

do I just delete the...as amended bit? :/

and the xxxx bit I just type the DCA name?

Many thanks

E

No worries, it is all much appreciated and donations shall be made accordingly :) as witrhout sites like this the boostoods would walk all over us!

So possibly obvious question, lol, on the template where it says:

do I just delete the...as amended bit? :/

and the xxxx bit I just type the DCA name?

Many thanks

E

The CCA 1974 has been amended and up dated many times over the years so is expressed as " as amended" xxxxx yes the DCAs name.

I am sure your donation will be much appreciated, thank you!!

No worries :)

So on the signed for post bit, do Il leave that and sign over it or just dont sign it? Probably rather not sign it if we can do that.

Cheers

E!

Royal Mail recorded delivery Eddie.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all Little update after having no reply to the CCA request within the time, I sent the no reply, consider the matter now closed letter. Despite them signing for it, then sent a reply saying they did not get the request, but shall now obtain and supply the CCA, this was a few week ago and nothing yet. So, sit and wait?! Is this to be expected? Many thanksE!