marlin/Reston claimform - dads lloyds credit card 'debt'

NGEddie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

By not sending you a statement they cannot add any interest or other charges.

if I were you I'd keep this well below the parapet and just keep stumping up the payments.

You may stir things up by sending in a SAR and it'll cost you £10 for what?

if you want to know the balance ask them for a statement,

but it may well jog some erk into action (erk checks your account ,

realises its on the wrong classification and resets it to 'normal send statement status which then involes the 'apply loads of interest' routine)

and they then start adding interest

- they don't have to freeze it.

Of course when you write to them telling them that according to your records you have now paid it all off they may disagree,

but with no statements having been sent well...

....hard cheese Mr Credit Card!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys,

Little update on this, we have been paying the agreed amount on time each month for what seems a few years now, need to get exact dates tonight!

Then, out of the blue they send a letter saying they need to re-assess the agreement, until now there was still been no statements, its really strange, and there has also been no change in our cicrumstances.

So, I was thinking of replying with a full and final offer or request, the amount is just under £3k so how much would you think or do I ask them for the amount?

As always, many thanks in advance

E

has it been sold on? if so, the new owner might accept a lower amount than what an original creditor would accept given the small amount that they pay for assigned debts. in any event, start low?

NG.. if the account was opened in 2008, then it would be most unlikely that there would be anything "dodgy" with the paperwork :(

If you are a homeowner and they are aware of this, they would probably be less likely to accept a F&F. However, there is no harm in trying. Start low.. 30-50% of the outstanding balance, with maybe 60% being your final offer.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Cheers guys,

It has not been sold on no, but,

going through papers today we found a 2006 statement, and 2002 payment slip for the mastercard,

seems to be a gap in statements, lol,

but I am guessing if we call the general number and ask they should be able to confirm when it was taken out?

as the 2006 and 2009 statements have a different card number but probably just from new card being issued?

Further to this, we found a letter from them talking about us probably being in a group of mis sold PPi's!

So this seems good, I know there was a PPi on this card that looking through statements ranged from £8 and £27 per month

but not sure which it relates to as there are two other loans both with PPi on as well.

I would think best to sort the full and final before getting into miss-selling of PPi?!

Thanks for the help :)

Or you can investigate the PPI now.. they might be more keen to sort this out because they will then offset any refund against the outstanding balance (they can only offset against genuine arrears).

I am wondering if you should mention receiving the letter, they might try and claim that you had a certain amount of time to make a claim. From Capone, you will not receive statements further back than 6 years, so you might want to sort this out sooner rather than later.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

def reclaim first!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

how do you know anything will be left to pay otherwise?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

how do you know anything will be left to pay otherwise?

Sorry dx don't understand? :???: [no sar yet - dx]

Got some better information now...

The card in question with just under £3 on was taken out end of November 2007 when it changed from an account with just a MasterCard,

to an account with MC and Amex,

this had PPi on until 2008 when I stupidly told my Dad to cancel it when £ got bad just before he become ill, so missed on it paying out, all be it for only 12 months.

Going back further,

the account with just the MasterCard started in at least 2002 if not before with the same card number all the way through to 2007,

every random statement I can find has PPi on it, ranging from about £6 to £28 per month.

Sooo, now my heads stopped spinning what is our next step as conscious of their re-assessment letter

As always, thanks for any further help :)

If ppi goes back that far

that it wall be worth loads

fill in the spreadshhet.

This second spreadsheet is a compound interest calculator and can be used both for PPI claims and Charges Reclaims on Revolving Credit Accounts such as credit cards. Compound interest is not an award that foslink3.gif will give in respect of PPI claims but it can be used in PPI cases that are pursued through the courts. It is the standard sheet that is also used for charges reclaims both on credit cards and loan accounts where interest in restitutionlink3.gif is claimed.

CISheet v101.xls

and they

Thanks very much, as there seems to be many statements missing would I send a SAR with £10 cheque to obtain all the amounts?

So to go for a PPi reclaim first is better than answering the re-assessment as it could be worth more than the 3k you mean?

yes sar them if you have not already.

dx

and they

Ok great shall do that then, as my Dad has a current account all be it not used, this credit card and the many loans over the years would they send it all together or should I specify I want the information for this? Bearing im mind there are the PPi's on the loans too, thats going to be a LOT of paperwork!

So just to get this right in my head, as they wanted to re-assess it seemed a good time to go for a full and final, so I was thinking to do that, so £3k and maybe they would accept £800 as a figure out of the air? Then to get into the PPi side.

Surley if I do PPi first and lets say it was £2500 to come back, they will say, ok £3k owed on card so we deduct the £2500 and you owe us £500 now...

Instead of, get a full and final agreed, get it cleared at £x, then hit them for the PPi and get the full amount back

Maybe it doesnt work that way though?

don't F&F till you have reclaimed!!

send the sar they'll know what ts all about.

you need all the detailed statements

good for loans etc etc too

dx

and they

Thank you

So hit them in one go for all the loans and credit card, I do recall a acouple iof years back when trying to work out the birds nest of finances we called loans direct and they actuaually gave us dates and amounts taken out but I dont think PPi was mentioned then.

Is it work calling them first to get a head start?

The card is with the recovery people but I believe its the data controller we SAR anyway.

Also should I specify its ALL the years not just the last 6 we want?

wait and see

silly to speculate without the knowlrdge

dx

and they

Ive just been going through alllll the paperwork since 1998, my Dad had 8 loans between then and 2007!

Can only find paperwork for the 2007 ones and the PPi's were £2k and £7k!

This thread started about the credit card, but it seems sensible to SAR them once for everything?

At the top of the template it mentions account number or references, so do I put all 8 numbers?! plus the card, and also there was PPi on the mortgage!

I wanted to mention also, of the 2 2007 loans they have both been paying out as it happens, but can we really claim back on them being mis-sold as we are actually using these ones? We also used the mortgage one for the 12 months, then cancelled it.

Cheeeeers!

E!

sorry I assumed you sar'd ages ago.

yes sar them

you don't need to put any account numbers

if you do, clearly state the info required is NOT limited to JUST those accounts.

if they are being used

you simply take off the payouts they have made from your [eventual] spreadsheet

but we'l deal later with that hurdle

dx

and they

Ok thanks

I did think that,

hope its not an issue but they have paying since 2009,

at roughly 7k a year so £28k round figures has been paid by them.

It is hard to say without all the information but from the 2007 loans which these apply to the PPi was 2k and 7k,

so this sureley out weighs what we may get back?

This of course does not take into account any older,

depening how far we can go back, as there was a 15k and the rest about 5/6k loans

• 9 months later...

Hi guys!

recently had a letter from Marlin financial services, seems they have taken over or bought the credit card debt.

To start with I though it was like MHA collections and part of L l o y d s, but apparently not?

Now with this,

they have straight away offered a 25% reduction as a full and final settlement,

from what I read it should be more like us offering them 25% of the total amount?!

Any advice appreciated :)

Now one thing, I am pretty sure the DN issued by bank was defective,

but its if to go through the hassle of doing that or come to an agreement,

there is also a PPi claim underway for mis-sold on this card,

maybe the reason its recently been sold?

Cheers

E!

prob await the PPI news.

dx

and they