Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


DuffNCustard last won the day on November 13 2012

DuffNCustard had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

236 Excellent

1 Follower

About DuffNCustard

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I used booking.com to book a hotel near Frankfurt for two nights in October this year, 12 Oct. and 10 Oct. I paid in full using a credit card for both nights. I have requested a cancellation and have been informed that I will forfeit the full price. An email has been sent to me requesting that I confirm either acceptance of this or do not cancel my booking. I have a notion that despite the fact I did not insure my booking, I am entitled to a refund, on the grounds that they have ample time to find another 'punter' and that they have had the use of my cash
  2. National debtline has some good info:- https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/18%20EW%20County%20court%20-%20interest%20charges/Default.aspx Plus the creditor MUST send you at least one statement a year. They cannot back-date statements either
  3. They can try - but they need to apply to the court. Contacting you and making such demands might be construed as harassment, so log the details and file in your records just in case you feel like pursuing a complaint against them in the future. Now have a brew and settle down with a nice cup of tea and enjoy shouting abuse at the politicians on the tele
  4. then breathe easy because they've got more chance of collecting it than I have of sliding down a moonbeam -- oh dear how sad never mind. You have a CCJ that states how much you owe and at what rate your monthly payments are and it binds them as well as you.
  5. If the 'added debt' that you refer to in you last post is included within the original CCJ then any interest or charges accrued by the bank on the side is not enforceable unless they meet the two conditions I mentioned above ie have a clause in the original contract with you - and they need to be able to prove it and they must have sent you at least one statement a year; then they may have grounds to try to enforce it but they would need to put another CCJ claim in. I reckon that this would be very unlikely as the case law relating to this indicates that they would not ha
  6. They may very well be but there is a CCJ in place now secured on a property. The amount awarded on the CCJ is an absolute amount comprising of outstanding loan amount, court fees, solicitors fees and interest. Considering the amount of 'interest' made on the claim the debate has been whether or not it was statutory interest at 8% or whether it was contractual interest at ??% or a combination of both. The claim was upheld and the CCJ now supercedes the original loan contract(s). If the creditor is accruing interest in addition to the amount of the original claim, th
  7. I would add to the excellent advice already given here, that you bone-up on facts about consumer debt. I too was once a debtor with a seriously large amount of debt, I found that the National debt Line website was an exceptionally useful source of information: https://www.nationaldebtline.org/ Finding out all the facts as they pertain to you and getting all the good advice here will enable you to 'take charge' and select a course of action. A well informed person backed up by the great folks here will not be intimidated or dictated to by creditors.
  8. Sorry for being dense but I do not understand - is there a way that I can use VISA to get my cashback?
  9. I bought a printer from Amazon on 22 Jan this year. It was advertised with £60 cashback if you also bought some ink to go with it. So I did. To claim the cashback you have to register at the EPSON UK websites (allowing them to use your data) and provide proof of purchase that shows all the details. I provided my Amazon order acknowledgement and my Amazon invoice. Each document showed all the details being requested by EPSON. Both were rejected with no explanation. I have asked Amazon 3 times to provide me with a VAT invoice, it has not been
  10. Many thanks for your replies. Is there a form A restriction? No , in fact the only thing registered against the property is the mortgage.
  11. We bought the house on a mortgage as Joint Tennants. My husband received a CCJ that was secured by a charge on his share of the property, which I understand changed the ownership to Tennants in Common. The CCJ was paid in full and the charge has been removed from the property, we have all the documents confirming this. Will ownership now have reverted back to Joint tennants or is there something we need to do to make it so. Grateful for any advice and guidance on this one.
  12. They don't have to accept but you should nevertheless make the offer. If you fail to reach an agreement with them then you can opt for mediation. This is done through the court and can be performed via a conference call. If that fails then the creditor can seek to force the forthwith payment (bankruptcy) given that the judge instructed that a repayment deal be thrashed out you should strain all sinews to try and secure one. Then if it fails and you do end up before the old beak again your efforts will stand you in good stead. You could then apply for a redetermination (I think that's wha
  13. Regarding those idiotic interest charges, they cannot apply them to your balance unless they provide you with a statement at least once a year. In defending this claim you should dispute this amount citing no statements received, if indeed that is the case, and that therefore you are unable to audit (use that word) the claim fully.
  14. If they have been adding interest the fact that they have not sent you a statement means they can whistle for the amount charge over the years in interest plus of course the 'interest on the interest'. To apply interest they must send you a statement every six months. The can't send you a statement next month with all the interest since 2007 etc backdated either, only 6 months worth. I'd keep shtum
  • Create New...