Another Andrew Hart/Pay day over draft - nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had yet another emailed dated 9th April from Alex again, this is getting beyond a joke would I be able to contact the police? It is deemed as harassment big time??

Email states:

Good morning,

I am going to pass you my direct number to see if you wish to make a deal to get repaid. The thing is we want to help you repay your debt with us at WPPL Ltd.

At the same time we cannot let you take the loan and never pay back and if we cannot agree the legal team will take action to recover that could affect your credit rating for the next 12 years.

If you do not wish this to happen why don,t you give me a call and lets work out something reasonable that will help you and helps us.

Let,s work together.Please call Alex on 08435942328 where he is waiting for your call to discuss your account. He will take your call today or tomorrow.

Alex

[email protected]

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally borrowed £200.00 from them, which was due to be paid back the following month, due to my circumstances I was unable to make the loan repayment as arranged with them, I tried to speak to them and make arrangements to pay but instead I got email after email, text after text (some of which were after 10pm in the evening) I felt extremely threatened and didnt appreciate the harassment, It got to the point where I had to take out a debt management plan, I also explained this to him as well but they would not accept it on a debt management plan so I made an offer to say I could pay £15-£20 per month this was rejected, I couldnt afford anything more than that. Eventually they stopped contacting me until I got an email to say I needed to arrange payments to prevent this going further (as in court) I then tried to make arrangements with them again by this point my debt had got more as interest and charges had been added on. So I said to them again that I can only afford £20.00 per month and I was told that they would only accept a minimum of £100.00 and if I only paid the £20 they would still add interest and charges on so once again I was in a bad situation either way.

It has eventually gone to court but to find that the debt was over £2000 its now over £2600!, I filled out the income and expenditure form and made an offer of repayment with the court paperwork of £20 per month, this finally came back as accepted and was told that the payments needed to be made direct to the claimant before 20th of each month and the first one had to be made before 20th April 2012. So once that had come through I was relieved that I could just pay back and not have the harassment with it but.....

On 3rd April I had an email from Ali at Payday overdraftlink3.gif (It’s all the same company) stating the following: The Subject was Clear your county courtlink3.gif Judgement.

Why not call us to see if we can clear your county court judgement that is in your name or is about to be enforced? Call us on 0843 594 2328, [email protected] . We want to deal with you and get your repayment in one lump sum which could be discounted OR a repayment planlink3.gif. Please let me know.

On 5th April I had another email from Payday Overdraft again, from Alex. The Subject was Please get in touch:

Good morning, we are here to help you, what can we do to call us? We want to discuss why your loan has gone wrong. Let us suggest ways to get you back on track and improve your credit with Lend Protect. If you pay your loan off it will help your score and help get you finance elsewhere, What can we do? Can we call you today? If so give us the telephone number best to call you on and at what time? PLEASE do not leave this; your account is in the hands of legal. Lets do a freezing deal subject to terms and conditionslink3.gif, All the very best and have a great day.

On the same day 5th April I also got pulled into the office by another member of staff as they had, had a phone calllink3.gif from Alex at Payday Overdraft stating that they are going to be sending legal paperwork, He told the member of staff who he was sending the documentation for despite that earlier in the call he had said he cant for Data Protection purposes. He told my colleague that he was sending out an attachment of earnings order. The number Alex called in off was 0208 883 9836 I tried to phone it back and it was for The Ragland Hotel, London!! I am not sure what they are running at all.

5th April: I phoned the court up as I was quite worried as I knew I had an arrnagement in place and funningly enough I had made the £20.00 payment that day ( wanted to pay it early to avoid any unwanted stress). They advised me that the only way he could send out an attachment of earnings was if he went through the court and if I was in breach of the agreement which I wasnt, as payment wasnt due till 20th April, The court advised me that they would be interested in seeing the documents that they send out. Also advised me I am not in breach and everything is fine. Court told me to contact the company and find out what was happening so I did.

I contacted Andrew Hart on mobile number 07710 111108, I questioned as to why another member of his staff has breached data protection and when I asked why attachment of earnings was being sent he said that I was in breach of my contract with them I advised him that I wasn’t as it was only the 5th April, he then said to me ‘ Anita you are being a pain!’ and hung up on me. I have had yet another emailed dated 9th April from Alex again, this is getting beyond a joke would I be able to contact the police? It is deemed as harassment big time??

Email states:

Good morning,

I am going to pass you my direct number to see if you wish to make a deal to get repaid. The thing is we want to help you repay your debt with us at WPPL Ltd.

At the same time we cannot let you take the loan and never pay back and if we cannot agree the legal team will take action to recover that could affect your credit rating for the next 12 years.

If you do not wish this to happen why don,t you give me a call and lets work out something reasonable that will help you and helps us.

Let,s work together.Please call Alex on 08435942328 where he is waiting for your call to discuss your account. He will take your call today or tomorrow.

Alex

[email protected]

I hope you have sent them the harassment letter from the CAG library and also made a full complaint with the OFT and FOS. If not, why not?

Also never EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER phone them or respond to their phone calls. It is your legal right to have every single piece of communication in writing, should you need to form a defense if it goes to court.

Also 12 years affecting the credit rating? From that simple sentence alone, it seems as if he's making EVERYTHING up and trying to bully and harass you.

Get all the info you have, plus the info you posted here and get those complaints in now. Once youve got them in, he cant do anything really until the results of the investigation are known. He can contact a CRA and issue a default, but you can easily get that removed depending on the outcome of the investigation.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Phoning your employers and telling them he needs an attachment of earnings immediately is disgusting, you should ask the courts for a re hearing and let them deal with this shyster. He is a menace. You MUST contact the police about him too, tell them he is making your life a misery and threatening you to the point where you are getting very very anxious every time you go out.

Would the police be able to do something about it as OFT and CAB etc have all been no good. Would it cost me to take him to court if I was getting him done for the harassment? Alex on the phone breached data protection when he phoned work and I have a copy of that call recording as well.

Contact your local police, explain it to them and get a crime number. Then update your complaint with the OFT and FOS with the crime number. I have no idea why you contacted the CAB though. Theyre pretty terrible at the moment. If you want to start court action for harassment, then it would be better seeking professional legal advice as you would be entering the world of criminal law and not consumer law.

However, you should really ask the court for a rehearing as he is becoming abusive and is harassing you at your workplace. Both of which is not allowed under law and is breaching the court order.

Go back to the court and ask for a rehearing stating that he is breaching regulation, is harassing you both at home and work, and is becoming abusive.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Yes contact the police, and I will tell you this now, Dont get worried if you get a phone call from another police force (Tottenham / london) stating that they are following up a claim of abuse and threats towards this jerk..

He did it to me, a yahoo email address from my nickname on here had threatening comments and abuse directed to him..... now why would i do that and also why wouldnt i use the email address that I have been using in all my corrispondence?? this is another trick to get you scared into repaying..

Please please report him, you have a duty to yourself to do so, nd to others of his victims, and you MUST let the court have all correspondence from him in email or phone details, they NEED this to get you an emergency injunction against him - if he breaches that then he is in big trouble all round.

Threats are all very well but he has a court order and you have not breached it so he is in the wrong.

Yes it certainly does, reminds me of the Jason & Julia Evans of Ruthbridge fame:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

YES. First thing tomorrow, report him to the local police, get a crime number, file those complaints along with the crime number, then contact the court and ask for the case to be reheard and state everything he has been doing, make sure to tell them how its affecting your health and state of mind.

You wont get done for wasting police time. They are there for a reason. If you dont have a case, they will tell you.

Sorry, I dont understand why or for what reason the OP should be advised to contact the police ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

She/he was claiming that the other party was harassing her and wouldnt stop.

She/he was claiming that the other party was harassing her and wouldnt stop.

He constantly does it - he was doing it to me - even when it went to the courts and after..

Ok, I understand now -

I shouldnt think that there will be any issues regarding wasting police time if Anita wishes to try.. but I have to say, I doubt the police will be interested :(

Anita can of course seek an injuction through the courts though ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ok, I understand now -

I shouldnt think that there will be any issues regarding wasting police time if Anita wishes to try.. but I have to say, I doubt the police will be interested :(

Anita can of course seek an injuction through the courts though ?

Yep your right they aint, but they was more interested in the fake email and claim that I threatened and abused him by email!

Thats what I am worried about when I had the phone call at work I phoned the court afterwards they were helpful in the fact that they said he cant do an attachment of earnings through me and that he would have to go through them, and he can only do it if I am in breach of my contract which I am not, as payment wasnt due till 20th April it was paid on 5th (I paid it early to avoid any unnecessary hassle but I was wrong!). I havent abused anybody by email I have 3 email accounts of my own I know what I have I wont let him try and do one in my name. I am gonna get back at them for this they cant treat people the way they do.

go through the court process and get a rehearing. You'll then be able to explain in full detail what he's doing AND force him to appear personally in court to explain himself. Just make sure you have proof of what he's doing, including recorded phone calls.

I think you need to get a hearing for this case - £2,600 for a £200 loan !!! you should really have contested the amount and put in a defence so he would have to appear in court and explain how your loan grew to such an amount. You can ask the court for a hearing by filling in a N244 form - we can help you with that. The court fee is £80 I'm afraid but if it gets this guy off your back and can get the debt reduced then it's got to be worth it.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I think you need to get a hearing for this case - £2,600 for a £200 loan !!! you should really have contested the amount and put in a defence so he would have to appear in court and explain how your loan grew to such an amount. You can ask the court for a hearing by filling in a N244 form - we can help you with that. The court fee is £80 I'm afraid but if it gets this guy off your back and can get the debt reduced then it's got to be worth it.

I can defo give it a try I am sending a letter to the court, I am just gonna really struggle with the £80.00.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks