Supercover Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please could you provide me with some advice.

I had my mobile phone stolen from a shop I work in 10 days ago.

I have had cover with this company for 18 months.

I did everything necessary reporting the incident to the police, vodaphone and then to the Insurers.

They have written back stating the gadget had been left unattended and have refused my claim.

If it had of been on my person then that would have been Robbery not the theft that I reported.

The phone was on the counter which is covered with tvs, advertising boards etc and a computer.

The thief had to reach to the side of the computer to get it.

I was never more then 2 feet away from the counter at any time.

Obviously whilst being distracted the thief stole my phone.

Incidentally how else can you have your phone stolen if it isnt unattended?

I would assume unattended to be in an unlocked car with no one present,

or in a different room to the one you are in or similar situations.

I have appealed and said i will report this matter to the FOS and also my MP as this insurance company seems to have a horrendous reputation, if they refuse my appeal.

Has anyone else been in the same boat as me, and were their appeals successful?

I have always taken out insurance on every phone I have had for as long as mobile phones have been in existence and have never made a claim,

I just think its disgraceful that they are trying to avoid sending me a replacement phone when I had it stolen or maybe they would have preferred me to be robbed!

Many thanks

Unattended definition is always tricky. I think you may have to see what the FOS say on this. If you work in a busy shop, the FOS may have some sympathy with the Insurers, that you could not properly safeguard the phone from being stolen. if I was just left on the counter. The risk that you subjected the Insurers to may be seen as unreasonable.

I am not siding with the Insurers on this, but just pointing out how the Insurers and FOS will see this claim. Perhaps some photos of the shop counter, showing where the phone was positioned at the time of theft and the position where you were working would help. Anyone reviewing the claim, needs to understand the theft from your point of view. Photos would therefore be extremely helpful, so people can see what happened and make a judgement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread