Expired Experience Day voucher. Is there anything I can do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Very true CitizenB, all I was provided with was a voucher and an expiry date. No T's & C's attached. the voucher was presented to me in the form of a weblink (just as it was sent to my father).

voucher.jpg

I can reply directly to the email that Consumer Direct have sent me so I will and i will mention that I was not the buyer and no T's & C's were provided along with the voucher

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

Very true CitizenB, all I was provided with was a voucher and an expiry date. No T's & C's attached. the voucher was presented to me in the form of a weblink (just as it was sent to my father).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34516[/ATTACH]

I can reply directly to the email that Consumer Direct have sent me so I will and i will mention that I was not the buyer and no T's & C's were provided along with the voucher

I think that is a good idea. Lets see what their argument is now.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I got a reply from Consumer Direct. Seems the only way we could do anything is challenge them in court :(

"With regards to your enquiry we would advise that as you did not actually buy the voucher you do not have a contract with the company and therefore would not necessarily have any statutory rights against the company.

When vouchers are purchased the buyer, and the seller, are bound by the terms and conditions of the voucher. The terms and conditions do not have to be physically provided to the buyer however they must be available somewhere i.e. on the traders website, for the buyer to view, or be available at the request of the buyer.

From your original email it appears that it was made clear on your voucher that there was an expiry date of 11 February 2012 and therefore as you did not use the voucher by this date the trader may not have breached any contract in refusing to honour the voucher once this date had passed.

As you did not buy the voucher yourself you would be relying on a goodwill gesture from the company in order to receive any remedy. The trader is not legally obliged to offer a gesture of goodwill.

The person who purchased the voucher would have statutory rights, however, if the terms and conditions stated that there would be an expiry date on the voucher, and this was made clear on the voucher itself the trader may not have breached the contract and therefore may not have to provide any form of redress.

In practical terms you may try to negotiate either a refund, or a partial refund you are happy with. However you are relying on the goodwill of the trader rather than any right to one of those remedies. To do this you may wish to speak to the trader or write to their head office, explaining why on this occasion you are unhappy and asking if there is any possibility that they can provide an outcome that both parties find acceptable.

Ultimately only a court could decide what, if anything, you are entitled to. Therefore if the trader will not give you what you feel you are entitled to the only way to enforce your rights would be through the courts."

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p