CCA'd CapQuest in December... Now debt passed back to Cap One...

Jam_Buttie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, I CCA'd CapQuest in December. Sent recorded. They said they couldn't respond as I "hadn't signed the request..."

So they got sent the "Signature not required..." letter, again recorded.

Now, alomost three months later they have responded saying they are passing the debt back to Capital One...

So shall I just ignore them and wait for CrapOne to contact me and start the whole merry go round process again?

In the mean time, a DRO is on the cards :o) Mwuhahahaha....

If they have passed the debt back, that means they want nothing more to do with it. They are the ones you cca so they are the ones who should respond, as they have handed it back, ask them where you £1 is.

DCA acting on behalf of LloydsTSB failed to provide me with my CCA and didn't return my £1.00, so I complained to LloydsTSB. They sent me a cheque for £50 by way of compensation.

So, if you don't ask, you don't get!

Impecunious! :-)

I suspect that C1 may now send you a recon, that's what they done with me!

However, it was not a recon (although that's what they called it) - it was just current t&c's.

The only info they had appeared to have was the year I took out the account - not even a day or month?

Don't know when the agreement in question was signed.

Don't know what they're up to now but on older agreements, (mine was 2002), Cap 1 used to be in the habit of sending out a copy of the signature box, along with current T&C's.

No suprise when they got told to.....................

david

Think the agreement was from early 2008. Can't remember signing tbh. Hence why I CCA'd CrapQuest as it was being dealt with by them.

But CrapQuest failed to come up with it and now passed it back to CrapOne.

• 1 month later...

Sent CapQuest a CCA request at the end of 2011 and they said they were unable to supply it due to no signature on my request letter etc etc... So I wrote explaining that no siggy is needed yada yada. They said they were now passing the debt back to Capital One.

This month (April) I rec'd a letter from CapOne saying that as the application was done online in 2008, they have fulfilled their side of the S77/78 request by providing me with a copy of the application form which has my name PRINTED IN TEXT, not written.

As CapQuest failed the CCA request, I put the account into dispute with them and it was subsequently passed back to CapOne.

Apart from starting the merry go round of letters with C1: Where shall I go from here now...?

EDIT: The oustanding balance reduced by £1.00 after I'd sent them the £1.00 PO fee - even though my letter stated that the £1.00 fee was not to be used for any other purpose.

I asked Cap Quest to return my £1.00 fee but they sent me a queque...

Edited by Jam_Buttie

Their letter says that under S78 they are not required to provide a copy of the default notice, but they will confirm the date.

I'd still like to know why the £1.00 fee was used to pay into the debt when they were informed not to..

Their letter says that under S78 they are not required to provide a copy of the default notice, but they will confirm the date.

I'd still like to know why the £1.00 fee was used to pay into the debt when they were informed not to..

Most Companies do not keep copy od Default Notices just a so called record of one sent out and they get away with it.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

As long as you have made them aware in your original request that the £1.00 was the legally required fee for the CCA, they can at no time advise that you have voluntarily made a payment to the account.

In the matter of the Default Notice - you would need to send a Subject Access Request, making the communication logs (daily event log) one of your specific requests.

This should the date the DN was sent out. This really doesnt help very much as it doesnt confirm that they provided the required minimum of 14 days to remedy the breach, or that it only asked for genuine arrears. Or that there was an OFT sheet enclosed with the notice, as required.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D