MT Collect - Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, after several weeks of increasingly threatening texts from MT Collect (similar to those received by many people on this site) I have today had a letter from MT Collect telling me they 'have no choice but to commence court action' for a sum alledgely owed of just over £200. The original loan (Cap Fin One) was just £150 about three years ago, and until I saw sense and stopped paying them, I had paid back around £400, so they're not getting another £200.

Do I CCA MT Collect? Or send them a SAR for details of the principal and all sums paid? Or should I just ignore them and add this letter to my already-open complaint about MT with the OFT?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the letter have an address for MT shown on it ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Did the letter have an address for MT shown on it ?

And does it say MT Collect are a trading name of CFO?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

And does it say MT Collect are a trading name of CFO?

No. Under their logo it says 'Collection, investigation, mititgation, trace, bailiff recovery, asset recovery.

(surely they shouldn't be claiming to be bailiffs?)

I am trying to do a search on E11 9EG and nothing is coming up. is the address fake??

nothing comes up with E11 9 either

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

It's a different London address to the one they give you if you ring them up! Something very fishy going on.............

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hmmm... have just double checked the letter and that's definitely it - E11 9EG. Wikipedia tells me E11 is Leytonstone district: Leytonstone, Wanstead, Aldersbrook (part), Snaresbrook, Cann Hall but I don't know anywhere to look up the second half of the postcode apart from Google maps etc and I can't find it either. So yeah, it's a fake postcode.

I would send a copy to trading standards and copy in the OFT as well.

If you put the postcode into google maps it shows private houses on either Lonsdale Road or Holly Road areas of Wanstead

But if you put the postcode into royalmail it comes up with a location near Lancaster !

Oh, maybe not fake then. But still suspicious.

Very suspicious, all this is designed to make them hard to find - like all the different phone numbers they ask you to call in their threatening text messages (Manchester, Edinburgh dialling codes)

i have had a text from mt collect today threatening me with the beliffs if i dont make a payment plan i am with a debt mangement company who have this debt but mt collect say they dont deal with these i said you can take goods as its not been to court he told me yes they can there number is01204265006 if some one can phone and ask them wat tey playing at theys nothing like putting people under stress i tryed explaing to them iwas with adebt mangement but the nasty person on the phone told me to stop making it up that iam with debt mangement cap finance one no that iam these peopl need sacking

You now need to complain to the OFT as MT Collect are misrepresenting their powers ! - they cannot come to your home and take anything without a court order - end of!!

Every complaint to the OFT is a nail in their coffin - we need to get them shut down asap.

as I say, send them a Formal Complaint with proof of postage. ignore all and every contact. Send them the doorstep letter (see library at the top). If they ring, put the phone down. If they call, them to go away. And complain to the OFT after you ahve read the guidelines through from the link. They will eventually deal with your DM company.

• 2 weeks later...

Another day, another 4 phone calls from MT, followed by this lovely text message from 'REMOVAL TEAM': NAME, I am due to CALL at your WORK NOW! To STOP action call 01617381204 And make a token payment NOW. Terry O'Sullivan Case no xxxx Another day, another complaint to the OFT...