bailiff took keys and v5 out of car and will be back tmrw - HELP ASAP please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TEC forms sent via email and they have told me be processed today :) once action has been called off should I contact the bailiff to try get the keys and v5 back and if he refuses phone police? What sort of timeframe can i give him?

Off down council to hand deliver complaint form and copy of newlyn complaint form and asking for reciepts.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Police for at least reporting theft and refusal to return keys/V5 as soon as TEC confirms all is reset to pre enforcement stage

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

And the court that certificated lout, that is my opinion of this

bailffs behavior loutish.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Right, council were very nice this time they handed my letter of complaint to top dog in the parking services bit, wrote me a very thorough reciept, checked the system to see if the TEC had emailed and gave me a direct number o keep checking. I was so supprised how different this lady was in the council office, i actually walked out quite shocked as i had riled my self up so not to take and rubbish.

Baby girl looking a bit better today and no sign of Mr Bailiff and his mate since this morning.

I think the council are realising i mean buisness, i phoned to see if the bailiffs had been put on hold and the lady said i have to phone the TEC? I explained that the nice lady in the council office yesterday said I can phone there anytime to find out if they have, she then went quiet (i would guess at talking to someone else in the office) then came back on and said what is your name? to which i told her, then she went all nice and said yes this one has been put on hold but i have the PCN number for the second one that you need to make a stat dec for.

I really think they are rattled down there and know they have all messed up.

Now that the bailiffs have been put on hold can i go to the police about keys and v5 again?

As long as it is on hold, and ypu have it in writing I would ask the council to email so you can print it i would report the keys and V5 stolen.

but others may also have some advice

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The warrant is the LOCAL AUTHORITIES and I would suggest that you call them and state that unless THEY arrange for the immediate return of the keys and V5 that you will be visiting the police tomorrow morning to report a theft by THEIR AGENTS......

The warrant is the LOCAL AUTHORITIES and I would suggest that you call them and state that unless THEY arrange for the immediate return of the keys and V5 that you will be visiting the police tomorrow morning to report a theft by THEIR AGENTS......

Yes you are right TT the organ grinder not the monkey

Ive wrote to everyone (including a cllr at Bournemouth town hall) only stickie issue i have now is the police say i need to get the keys and v5 back myself because hes not permenently depriving us of the items?????? Still worried to leave car outside as he has broken the law a few times already.

Emailed the office of fair trading too.

Cant get the car repaired on insurance because they will write it off and give us £600!!!!!!

If he is with holding the V5 and the keys without

good reason then the police should act.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

If he is with holding the V5 and the keys without

good reason then the police should act.

Unfortunately they may try to brush OP off initially by saying it is a civil matter, they seem to think the bailiff is on the same side, even when they have committed criminal acts in their presence when "keeping the peace" during an enforcement

I think this should be brought to the chief officer

of police for your area, there is usually an e-mail

address for contact.

Newlyn have not replyed to emails so i'll try ringing again tomorrow, if no joy will go into the police station agian and tell them im scared to keep the car at home due to him having a key (to which they will then say if he steals it hes broken the law):???:

I also had a good read through the newlyn site and there code of practice, seems he thinks its a list of things NOT to do :) having an early night to try get some sleep for once.

When an Out of Time Application is sent to TEC , all enforcement must then CEASE.

This provision is provided under statue law and secton 8.2 of PArt 75 of the Civil Procedure Rules. Therefore you should have NO problem at all in using your car.

When an Out of Time Application is sent to TEC , all enforcement must then CEASE.

This provision is provided under statue law and secton 8.2 of PArt 75 of the Civil Procedure Rules. Therefore you should have NO problem at all in using your car.

So the bailiff should return the key and V5 he took from the car glovebox without a murmur? ofrshould Op remind the council of the illegality of the action of THEIR Agent the bailiff and tell them to make him return them?

This is going round the houses a bit, i phoned newlyn they fobbed me of saying to talk to bailiff so i tried and nothing, then he called me and not very nicely said were not getting them back till after the stat dec has been herd at court.

This is going round the houses a bit, i phoned newlyn they fobbed me of saying to talk to bailiff so i tried and nothing, then he called me and not very nicely said were not getting them back till after the stat dec has been herd at court.

If the TEC have granted the application the matter is rolled back to pre-enforcement so giving you the chance to pay at the original amount I think ( others know more) in that circumstance the Stat Dec is irrelevant, the bailiff has NO LEGAL right to keep the keys or V5 so MUST hand them back, Formal complaint about the bailoff to the council copied to Newlyn intimating that a Form 4 may be a course of action you are considering, as their bailiff has therefore effectively stolen the keys and documents, as the OOT has removed their involvement.

Others will have other takes on this so hang in there you will get it sorted