style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to go on..but one more thing..

On the email from b and s where they have put "we invite you to make payment" does this mean i would have to contact them? Thing is they are saying if they removed the the seizure etc it would not affect the payment arrangements we will propose to you! As it would not be of any significance as its quite a high amount.

I was under the impression i could offer what i could afford be it to them or the council! Not what they propose to me..

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh joy got new council tax today :(. Now i want propse payments including the arrears at a stretch we could maybe afford £200 a month ..would they have to accept this?

New council tax around £1400 arrears apparantly ( being investigated) around £6000!..

The only person who can dictate what is paid is yourself. Why let them tell you that they will accept £xxx per week when plainly you can only afford £zzz. As has been said on many occasions they cannot get blood from a stone. With next years CT bills hitting the carpet you should make sure you can pay this and any excess can go towards the arrears. It has been suggested you pay direct to the Council at a rate you can afford - have you started doing this or if not why not. The longer you leave any payments the worse the situation will get, then you will end up at a Committal Hearing where it could well be deemed you are refusing to pay in which case a term of imprisonment will surely follow. All the help you need is contained within the previous 126 Posts or by reading other threads.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes i have been paying the council direct.

Thats how this all started..as the bailiffs got annoyed i wasnt paying them anymore.

Sorry about so many posts ..but i have been trying to get advice as things are happening as well as keeping everyone who has helped updated.

The latest is the involvement of the LGO who have written to the council am just awaiting reply from them.

In the meantime this years ctax arrived in post today hence what made me ask the ?.

Although i am now clear that i can just keep paying what i can afford.

Thank you for all the advice :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update and another question..

Lgo said the council have until 5th june to deal with my complaint!..so waiting on the response! Still no response from b and s about removing the invalid levy! 2nd email sent!

Lastly ive just spoken to council told them going to struggle with this years ctax due to trying to clear previous arrears but they are refusing to accept what we can afford!..

So im going to put in writing that i can pay them £150 a month towards arrears plus new ctax..now my question how will they distribute this? And do i pay under same refrence online? As they are still insisting arrears are with bailiffs at the moment although i will continue paying council direct.

What should i write to them should i say this is what we can afford distribute it how you like ? Or do i tell them x towards arrears and the rest towards new tax?

Thankyou

What is your expected payment to the new CT? why don't you look to splitting the £150 you have budgeted to cover the priority to new CT and the balance will be what you can afford to the arrears....if they won't accept that then you need to get that in writing.

WD

Council Tax references should be similar to this.

Property Ref: Stays the same

Account Ref: Stays the same

Payment Ref: Should vary each year

To find out you need to look at your various CT bills for different years. WD has hit the nail spot on. If as long as you pay the next years CT correctly any balance after that you pay the remainder off. If it were me I would just pay the Council direct by online banking, they will soon see what you are doing. If you write to them they will probably just refuse your offer & tell you to pay the Bailiff.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well the council are saying they need £142.00 a month for this years and wont accept any lower and all i can afford is £150..so around £12 will go towards arrears?.. They will probably throw it back at me as the arrears are about 5-6000! (althought as per previous posts this is being currently verified etc)

If it is only £12 that you have available then it is only £12 they will get and there is little else they can do about it...or have they sussed the kruggerands you have stashed next to the diamonds, ruby, emeralds and pearls in the bottom of the antique chest of drawers in the bedroom of your mansion? lol

WD

Lol! I wish! Nope just ordinary working parents with nursery fees/bills/ etc etc!

Thanks for the advise there are some months where i might be able to pay more so will just keep paying what i can.