HSBC Have Sold On Debt - Does 6 Years CRA Record Start Over

BelstarBomb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning All,

Just received notification from a new DCA that they have bought a debt from HSBC and they are now classed as owning the debt not HSBC. HSBC couldn't enforce as they admitted in writing that they did not have a signed credit agreement.

They confirmed this in writing and defaulted the account in 2009.

Now it has been sold on, does the 6 year clock continue from 2009 or has it now been reset to start from 2012?

Thanks,

Bel

Which clock are you referring to Belstar?

Statue Barred or it being reported on your credit file?

Statue Barred is 6 years with no payment and no admittance of debt, and the other is 6 years after the default date. you can only be defaulted once.

You may notice a new DCA has done a search against you, this stays on your file for 2 years.

The SB date starts from the date of the first missed payment and continues for 6 years regardless of when the DCA takes over.

HSBC .. !! hmmm.. in respect of your statement that they have confirmed they do not have a signed agreement.. you might want to have a read of pipster's thread..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?329583-HSBC-v-Pipster-Court-Tomorrow!!-*****Discontinued*****&p=3674537#post3674537

Especially the last two or three pages :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello again CB!

and thanks Stevo too.

I'm not too worried about the SB date I was more concerned that the default 6 year date clock had started again from the new DCA buying the debt this month.

Have only had a chance to scan Pipster's thread CB - but am I reading between the lines that the fact that I have it in writing that they don't have a signed agreement is a good thing??

bel

so when was you last payment or financial transaction?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx,

2008 was the last time a payment was made. They filed a default pretty much strait away when we wrote regarding unenforceability. Removed it when kicked up a fuss but I can't remember what we quoted at the time and then out it back (the default) in April/May 2009

Bel