Round and round and round we go...

Jam_Buttie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I asked Natwest to write off my debt of £2500 as there is no way on this earth we can pay it. Even on a payment plan with Triton Credit Services at a fiver a month it will take me over 40 years to pay off...

So they gave up contacting me...

So I now get a letter from Newman DCA, whom I'm about to start the whole process with again lol.

The old theory on debts not being ''sold or assigned'' whilst

in dispute seems have lapsed it is happening on a regular

basis and the fact has been tested in court and there has

been no favourable results in my experience.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Debt sold in massive portfolio, usually all on disc with minimal

detail, the purchaser attempts collection if they fail on to another

sale, again with little detail and so it goes on,

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

So I now get a letter from Newman DCA, whom I'm about to start the whole process with again lol.

NW won't write off debt, what they will have done is to sell it in a portfolio of other 'defunct debts' that they are unable to collect, get a few pence in the pound for them and claim the rest of their insurance to recoup their supposed losses.

The 'new' owner will then claim you owe the full balance and they can offer you a discount if you pay X amount in full or monthly, this is because they have not paid for the full amount they claim you owe or that they have nothing in the way of enforceable paperwork and very little history of the debt.

Continuing the game of letter tennis will only prolong the cost of postage and stationary to you, as I doubt you send these letters by 2nd class post? IMO continuing this game of letter ping pong is pointless, someone somewhere needs to take the bull by the horns.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

they are entitled to ask for more money on a regular basis because peoples circumstances do change - obviously your individual circumstances may or may not change

it is poor form to get another DCA involved if you are already in a payment plan with one DCA and it is accepted you cannot pay any more - woudl check the debt collection guidance to see if there is anything in there about that.

Again JB, they will not write off debt, that is a misnomer.

All you can do is to stick to the payment you arranged, and pay that amount, if it has been passed on to another DCA that you have no knowledge of or have not been informed of, then stop payments until the OC informs you IN WRITING, that they have farmed this out to a third party, and who it is, what you need then is another letter from said third party informing you that they have been instructed to chase the lemon.

STAY OFF THE PHONE.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I asked Natwest to write off my debt of £2500 as there is no way on this earth we can pay it. Even on a payment plan with Triton Credit Services at a fiver a month it will take me over 40 years to pay off...

So they gave up contacting me...

Have you made a CCA request?

they are entitled to ask for more money on a regular basis because peoples circumstances do change - obviously your individual circumstances may or may not change

it is poor form to get another DCA involved if you are already in a payment plan with one DCA and it is accepted you cannot pay any more - woudl check the debt collection guidance to see if there is anything in there about that.

I think using many DCAs is probably against the OFT guidelines. If JB is unable to pay one DCA any more, then he is unlikely to be able to pay more to new one. IMHO that has to be harassment.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Only harassment if the same DCA keeps chasing

but as they pass the parcel in the hope that a debtor

will finally get so teed off with it that they pay up:madgrin:

They can keep passing it about. The more they pass it about, the less chances of me actually paying up.

That's being very naive.... sorry. You may end up with a very tenacious lot on your case at some point and subsequent court papers because they see you as an easy CCJ (County Court Judgement). What kind of debt is this and have you made a CCA request?

There is absolutely no reason

for them to write this off as said

they are more likely to raise a claim

for it and take £1 a month forever

and you end up with a CCJ.

Its fora credit card. And no I haven't sent the ma CCA request yet. I've sent them letter "K" from the library asking for it to be written off first.

They won't write it off; that particular template is a waste of time. Without a CCA request being made, you are simply leaving yourself wide open to having court papers issued at some point. If you've made the decision not to pay, then at least go down the proper channels and protect yourself because the "ner-ner-nee-ner-ner" attitiude has no place in this industry; not the way you're doing it anyway.

:-)