HSBC OD issues

Angel104
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I told experto credite that I would only communicate with them in writing they have already said that they are acting as agents for the HSBC. This week I received a letter from Alfred Truman solicitors who threatend court action court action. I did an internet search on these solicitors and discovered that they are in fact solicitors for experto credit, and not HSBC as they claimed. Now am I right when I say that as agents they cannot take me to court.

They can take you to court acting as agents of HSBC.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Last Summer I CCA'd experto credite. They said it would take some time because the documents are in hong kong it did in fact take over 4 months. I did not hear anymore from them until friday when I got a nasty letter from their solicitors. Today I telephoned Experto and said that they can have £20.00 per month because my husband has been made redundant. I got this really rude guy on the end of the phone who lectured me on the fact I had not made an offer before and that £20.00 was not enough.

I tried to explain that it took them over 4 months to provide a credit agreement and when I said my husband was out of work he told me bluntly that it was not his problem. He now says it will probably go to court and that they will ask for a higher payment. Can they do this.

Well, technically they can but in reality they probably won't. At the end of the day if it did go to court the judge would only order you to pay what you can reasonably afford to pay, taking into account all your other living expenses. This would likely add up to less than the £20 a month you've offered due to hubby's redundancy so they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they did go the court route :)

You have verified that the CCA is complete I am assuming? Have you had the clever peeps on here take a look at it?

And my final word of advice, NEVER talk to these people on phone, keep everything in writing!!

• 6 months later...

Back in march I received a letter from Global debt recovery over an alleged HSBC debt. I CCA'd them and 2 weeks a go they sent me a copy of charges. I wrote back and told them that they had failed to respond to my legal request, I also told them that the legal limits had expired for supplying it, and also told them to stop processing my data. This morning I received a letter from them saying they had closed my file.

What I need to know is can anyone else now chase me for the alleged debt.

Until they provide you with a vaild response to your cca then no but it does happen.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)