Will the Euro last until christmas?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Who knows?, but it is going down the tubes, that much is certain.

Maybe, just maybe, we may have something to thank Gordon Brown for - not taking us into this doomed currency, even thought the grinning, idiotic Blair so desperately wanted us to.

Let us hope that the EU goes down the pan with the Euro. I know some people (the ones who were wrong all along about the Euro) will try and claim that a lot of jobs here depend on the Euro, but there's no reason why that should be. Hopefully, we'll all be free of the EU tyranny soon and can start, once again, making sensible decisions, for instance, on who we let into our country and who we keep out.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've even got blues who would take you into the Euro tomorrow, they were also about when Mr Blair was Prime Minister. I'm so glad it's up to the Blues to show their true colours and see if any of them are brave enough to reject the Euro, of course be friendly with 'The United States of Europe Federation':madgrin: wave across the water now and again see how everyone is, we will still trade with them, I've got a Volkswagon it's not all bad:madgrin: and I know people with BMW's. We like their stuff they like our stuff. Well Mr Heath hasn't it all moved on!

This may be a little off topic but what would happen if you own some shares quoted in Euros?

I have a handful of shares from an employee scheme I signed up for in 2001. The business is still very much alive and well and also operates in London and many other countries, however, the shares are traded in the Frankfurt SE and therefore quoted in Euros.

• 2 weeks later...
fred, you may just get your wish. :) did cameron 'play a blinder', as boris said?

Well it looks like it will last until Christmas, but I live in hope. Cameron has put himself in a strange position because we all know that those undemocratic bastards in the EU will somehow wangle things so that the transaction tax which will cost our country billions will happen somehow. At this point, the only logical thing to do would be to put our membership of the EU to a referendum, something Europeans hate. Maybe, just maybe, he has played a blinder.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Watched a programme about Fred the Shred this week and his acquisitions mimmick what happened in the Euro Zone. He acquired ABN Amro without doing his homework, finding out what the Bank was exposed too. Look what happened there, our Government had to bail them out. Countries like Greece should have been put under great scrutiny, and other countries to see what their credit worthiness was before allowing them to enter.

Edited by determindator

saw the clip where s arcosy :) 'blanked' cameron. well, the less said about the french the better! :)

as you say fred, the 'undemocratic' eu wants to further control our fiscal policies to try and safeguard their euro currency, even though we are not in their euro!?

Edited by Ford

are we? if so, isn't that re nato?

(don't the french rely on everyone else re military :) )

I don't think the French are part of NATO. They are now part of greater Germany though.

I don't think the French are part of NATO. They are now part of greater Germany though.

france are in nato!

'greater germany' :)

Edited by Ford

Sticking noses into air and ignoring cam they definately looked like they had sniffed something not to their taste, GOOD :)

About time they learnt the word NO.

Hey didnt they all look ruff in that piccy :)

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011
oops

• 1 month later...

Well it looks like the [edit] Frogs have just had their credit rating downgraded after trying to trash Britain's. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind, how sad.

Edited by dx100uk
dx

• 4 months later...

Well it lasted beyond Christmas but it won't be long now.

First up, Greece.

Going, going ...........

Copied from my status on FB from earlier...

So will the Euro split into two currencies, retaining the name for the more competent nations, and introducing "the Cheapo" for the plonkers?

Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Ireland beware - but I wonder where the UK would have fitted in, as the "austerity and bung the banks" camouflage washes off to reveal the mess beneath?

Interestingly - whilst slagging off the euro - and saying how lucky the UK was to avoid it - think of this...

£ to E at introduction - roughly 67p

£ to E now - roughly 80p

So the currency everyone is saying they are glad not to have joined - is currently showing we would have about 20% more spending power had we opted in.

To suggest all the EU should have its own currencies if fine if you support the UK's island culture, that we are our own little community and need as many barriers and differences as possible to protect the island from that naughty Johnny Foreigner.

The only problem with the euro was the lack of central control - which permitted the likes of Greece to falsify figures for a higher standard of living.

To me the concept of the euro is still a good thing - I have been in about half a dozen countries in the last year - and having only Sterling and Euro accounts works fine.

Ideally - I would rather need only a single account!

Edited by Bang!

Yes Bang, I believe it was a big banker who was complicit in this mess. The thing is we all questioned what did these countries possibly have which was sustainable to contribute to such a union and make it grow economically, before they joined. They needed the EU, as you say. I want to know what the master plan is. There's got to be one as why are we throwing money at countries who clearly will never be able to repay the debt. Maybe it's a plan to own them, rule them eventually:madgrin:

I for one am glad we didn't join in the Euro farce!

I have no idea why things can't just be left alone - if it works why change it? The decision made by our government to not join is the only sensible decision I think I've ever known them to make :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I for one am glad we didn't join in the Euro farce!

I have no idea why things can't just be left alone - if it works why change it? The decision made by our government to not join is the only sensible decision I think I've ever known them to make :lol:

Yes - and Sterling that's down 17% on the Evro since its introduction is just doing sooo well in a land crippled by tory austerity, and blaming events with a strong flavour of the banking crisis on the people presently unemployed or claiming benefits. But the tories always had to vilify someone as their policies fail, and a scapegoat is needed.

I wonder how many people in the UK who had no access to bank lending are now suffering to keep afloat banks and Sterling that they had minimal access to anyway.

Just think - had the UK joined the Euro, they would still be saying "we are all in this together"!

Besides, is Osborne not an heir to a baronetcy and a EURO fortune?

I can't see him saying "Don't want it - its euros!", now can you? :D:D:D

By christmas if the euro has not failed - the daily mail will be blaming it on a single disabled mother in receipt of housing benefit.