Income support child now 16

Zara33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening after a little advice if I may :)

It is probably a really dense question but I'm stuck with the answer:(

I got a letter in the post the other day from the Income support dept, I get carers allowance and the carer premium in Income support.

The letter states:

I am writing to you because we need details of all the children that you get Income support for and who are already, or soon will be, 16 years of age.

Please let us have the information asked for on the page called Information we need. Do not forget to sign the page before you send it back to us.

Information we need:

Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date of Birth: xxxxxxxxxx

Are you getting child benefit for child (yes)

Is child still in FT education (yes)

This is the section I'm stuck on.

If yes, please tell us:

The name of the school or college child goes to ( xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

When the course will end ?

The date of the final examination ?

What child will do after this course (Further education)

The question's in red are what I am struggling with, my child will be 16 at the end of the month however he will just be starting his prelims then. He has Autism and was kept back a year in school. We have not been given dates for exams yet, and even once he has done his exams he will still be continuing on at school, he can stay in school until he is 18.

Appreciate any advice TIA.

You need to contact the school and request a letter from them, the date the term ends, they should know all the exam dates. You can ask for more time to get this sent back. I had to do the same last year when I was looking after my niece.

I hope that helps :)

Dont worry its just a standard Dep 16 letter, more important if Income Support is paying for your child, just return it with as much information as you can,

usually whats put on them July 12, and returning to full time education in September 12.

If Income Support is paying for your son we will input a case control on your claim to check the child benefit has been reawarded again next September, we will do this next August, just make sure you keep CHB informed of him staying in full time education so there is no break in entitlement

If Income Support is not paying for you son then it will not effect your claim

Thanks Mikey. :)

Income support don't pay for my child I get that through CTC. The reason I get Income support is because of the carer premium as I get carers allowance.

Dont worry its just a standard Dep 16 letter, more important if Income Support is paying for your child, just return it with as much information as you can,

usually whats put on them July 12, and returning to full time education in September 12.

If Income Support is paying for your son we will input a case control on your claim to check the child benefit has been reawarded again next September, we will do this next August, just make sure you keep CHB informed of him staying in full time education so there is no break in entitlement

If Income Support is not paying for you son then it will not effect your claim