Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

7 Neutral

About Zara33

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Thanks Mikey. Income support don't pay for my child I get that through CTC. The reason I get Income support is because of the carer premium as I get carers allowance.
  2. Evening after a little advice if I may It is probably a really dense question but I'm stuck with the answer:( I got a letter in the post the other day from the Income support dept, I get carers allowance and the carer premium in Income support. The letter states: I am writing to you because we need details of all the children that you get Income support for and who are already, or soon will be, 16 years of age. Please let us have the information asked for on the page called Information we need. Do not forget to sign the page before you send it back to us. Information w
  3. Just to up date tribunal was yesterday. Child support arrears are taken into account! Blah blah blah waiting for IS to get in touch now regarding the overpayment that happened in December apparently the tribunal couldn't discuss this bit yeaterday they could only discuss the child support side aye that took all of 10 minutes.
  4. Your updates are visible to anyone who has an internet connection! You don't have to be a member of CAG to read posts, anyone could be reading them
  5. Can I reclaim benefits if my job stops? Yes. If you are thinking about working, find out if you will be able to reclaim any of the benefits you currently get if your job does not work out. A number of schemes provide protection, including: • 104-week benefit protection • the two-year linking rules • rapid reclaim. 104-week benefit protection If you have been on benefits because you are incapable of work, and you stop claiming to take up work or training, you may qualify for 104-week benefit protection. This means that if you stop work or trai
  6. The benefits of the person you care for If you claim Carer's Allowance, it could affect the amount of benefit the person you care for receives. The person you care for could lose the severe disability premium in their income-related benefit or the addition for severe disability in their Pension Credit. If you only have an underlying entitlement to Carer's Allowance and are not actually paid it, this will not affect the benefits of the person you care for.
  7. 12. What if my Local Housing Allowance is more than my rent? You can keep up to £15 per week excess that you are paid. This excess will not normally be taken into account when deciding other benefits.
  8. Just phoned Income support dept to ask if they had received my letter asking for them to re look at my claim :D nice lady told me they have indeed looked at my claim again and as you said Mikey the rapid reclaim was wrong they have sent out the arrears and they have amended my claim to only take £53.10 as income. No word whatsoever on the CSA overpayment as of yet.
  9. Bob, I honestly don't think you get a choice whether you can keep your DLA claim open, i suspect it would be closed down as you are now receiving WDP.
  10. A one bed property, so you will be sharing the same room?
  11. Have Income support sent you a letter yet telling you that they have stopped your payments? When was the last time Income support went into your bank or post office account?
  12. Before I had to do a rapid reclaim payments were: Income support 2008/2009 £60.50 for me + £27.75 carer premium Total £88.25 less £50.55 Carers allowance = £37.70 pw (they were paying this) Carers allowance 2008/2009 £237.20 every 4 weeks (was paid) = £59.30 pw Carers Rates 2008/2009 = £50.55 + £11.35 for child dependant (reduction for an eldest/only child where CB payable) = £61.90 - £59.30 = £2.60 (CB reduction) Income support 2009/2010 £64.30 for me + £29.50 carer premium Total £93.80 less £53.10 Carers allowance = £40.70 pw (they were
  • Create New...