Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

for anyone interested on the Rankine case,

here is what Goode Consumer Credit law and practice has to say on the subject.

Nice one PT

just what the doctor ordered

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Peter,

I am deleting all my reference as the professor has obviously made a mistake.

I think its probably best not to confuse peeps on here. I will let you know his explanation of that when the letter arrives. Until then I will delete the info.

I do not want to start world war 3:)

milly X

Milly

You're not starting any wars, you are doing good service. It's only by people like you digging out and publicising these nuggets of information that we are able to debate the issues. Debate, even 'robust' debate is not arguing, it's debate which is healthy, it's how we establish the truth of these matters.

The more opinions the better IMHO.

I would leave the information on here Milly, I really would.

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Hi

right one last time

I have sat through more court cases than i can remember where credit agreements have been used as evidence in fact i am involed in three as we speak. There as never been any question on this point becase the regulations make it perfectly clear look under section 2 (male sure you look at the unammended version )it gives a desciption of what has to be in the agreement in undespersed form.

Petr

All versions I have seen have amendments. For ease have you the unamended version?

milly X

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

All versions I have seen have amendments. For ease have you the unamended version?

milly X

Hi yes i do

It is not an opinion it is fact if it was an opinion i would say so.

I recomend you read here and work your way through.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/103383-agreement-enforceability.html

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Milly

You're not starting any wars, you are doing good service. It's only by people like you digging out and publicising these nuggets of information that we are able to debate the issues. Debate, even 'robust' debate is not arguing, it's debate which is healthy, it's how we establish the truth of these matters.

The more opinions the better IMHO.

I would leave the information on here Milly, I really would.

Completely agree:)

Hi yes i do

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/103383-agreement-enforceability.html

Peter

I have the unamended regs too and in electronic form, well scanned pdf images

I have the unamended regs too and in electronic form, well scanned pdf images

Well

la de daah

Mine have got gold edgings and theyr'e bigger

Peter

Don.t you just hate a show off.

By the way i watched all his games particullarily the one against spasky queens rook to bishop 4, classic.

Peter

Hi yes i do

Peter

I'll be sure to pass your opinion on to Professor Macleod, he wrote the bloomin article not me. Maybe he may like to read it. i have read that thank you.

Cripes I only put on here something that was in a book of Law didnt expect all this for for a book I didnt write for goodness sake. I was confused because of what I read on here and that is why I emailed the author. Maybe it would be nice to share the relevant 1983 consumer agreement regulations as you have told me to read them.

Edited by millymollymoo

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Maybe it would be nice to share the relevant 1983 consumer agreement regulations as you have told me to read them.

If it's the CC(Agreements)Regs 1983 your after, if you PM an email addy I'll send them (.pdf) 8)

• Haha 1

Milly's point concerning the points raised by Pr Mcleod are certainly interesting.

Section 2(4) of the agreements regulations reads thus:

(4) Subject to paragraphs (5) and (9) below, the information, statements of the protection and remedies, signature and

separate boxes which this regulation requires documents embodying regulated consumer credit agreements to contain,

shall be set out in the order given by paragraphs (a) to (f) below under, where applicable, the headings specified below--

(a) the nature of the agreement as set out in paragraph 1 of Schedule 1 to these Regulations;

(b) the parties to the agreement as set out in paragraph 2 of Schedule 1 to these Regulations;

[© under the heading "Key Financial Information", the financial and related particulars set out in paragraphs 6 to

8B, 11 to 14 and 15 to 17 of Schedule 1 to these Regulations;]

(d) under the heading "Other Financial Information", the financial and related particulars set out in paragraphs 3 to 5,

9, 10, 14A and 18 to 19A of Schedule 1 to these regulations;

(e) under the heading "Key Information"--

(i) the information set out in paragraphs 20 to 24 of Schedule 1 to these Regulations; and

(ii) the statements of protection and remedies set out in Schedule 2 to these Regulations; and

(f) the signature box and, where applicable, the separate box required by paragraph (7)(b) below;

and such information, statements of protection and remedies, signature and separate boxes shall be shown together as a

whole and shall not be preceded by any information apart from trade names, logos or the reference number of the

agreement or interspersed with any other information or wording apart from subtotals of total amounts and cross

references to the terms of the agreement.

Now following my reading of this it clearly states that the "Key Financial Information" a) has to preceed the signature box and b) has to be shown together with the signature box.

I read that as meaning that the prescribed terms cannot come after the signature or be on the reverse of the agreement?

Pete

Edited by Number6

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Attendended an hearing on Wednesday to challenge an application/agreement among other things. However, the Claimant failed to provide evidence for the hearing thus, I gave them the runaround, consequently the hearing was adjourned.

Unreasonable behaviour:

Requesting an adjounment at the last moment because the evidence to substatiate a case has not been prepared for a hearing (Lacey v Melford CC (1999) 12 CL 37)

Question: What form do i need to submit with my costs bill?

Paul

Edited by paulwlton

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

I had a look at the template wasted costs order and I noticed that the commentary on it says:

If your defendant has supplied spurious part 18 requests or made part 36 offers even though your claim is clearly a small claim then tell the judge about it.

What makes their part 18 requests spurious and ours not? I ask out loud. ;)

for anyone interested on the Rankine case,

here is what Goode Consumer Credit law and practice has to say on the subject.

PT, not as up to speed as you on these matters in plain English what is this saying to us?

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

Milly's point concerning the points raised by Pr Mcleod are certainly interesting.

Section 2(4) of the agreements regulations reads thus:

Now following my reading of this it clearly states that the "Key Financial Information" a) has to preceed the signature box and b) has to be shown together with the signature box.

I read that as meaning that the prescribed terms cannot come after the signature or be on the reverse of the agreement?

Pete

Ho Hum

This is the ammended regulations.

The key structure didnt esist until they were introduced in 2005

really this is a long dead debate tell you what, hang on go to my thread above and look up poting 178 it is a copy of the OFT guide to what should be on an agreement scrol down to signatures then pleas lets get on to a more current topic

Peter

Bloody Cheek

Just been looking at the martin Lewis forum and they have copied half of my posts off the agreement thread on there, no acknowledgement nothing good mind to sue.

Peter

Hope they've corrected the spelling and punctuation :-)

Meowww

My writen english has never been what you would call good but the content is usually accurate.

Peter

Peter

I am dyslexic myself and can spot the signs a mile off, I write in word-spell check then cut and paste which helps me get it right however...keep up the good work its much appreciated.

For those ignorant to the subject heres a list that includes Einstien, Edision & Churchill.

Famous People with the Gift of Dyslexia

Live Life-Debt Free

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks