Capital One Credit Card Debt - Fredericksons now on the scene!!

bezzy0_0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just fired off a letter to Fred myself :). My mum's husband died in 2007 but my mum was still receiving letters from Carphone warehouse and then Roxbourghe DCA about an upaid bill of his, she sent the death certificate first to Carphone Warehouse and then to Roxbourghe to prove he was dead and that therefore nothing was payable, but the letters kept coming, eventually a call was received from CPW apologiosing and verifying nothing was owing and the matter was closed, now 3 years later, yep, you guessed it, she has received a letter from Fredrickson demanding payment, tghe amount has now myusteriously increased from the original bill of £66 through to £110 demanded by Roxbourghe and is now a strange £486, I have written a strong letter to CPW and Fred saying how appalled I am and suggest they read the Furgson v British Gas harrasment case.

Andy

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bezzy..... Freds. tend to be tenacious, so be prepared for that. They also like to set our Bryan onto people and when that happens, you will need to CPUTR Bryan & co. immediately as part of a formal complaint; copying Freds. in (even though they share the same office space.... :razz:). This will slow down their process because they have to respond to your complaint. You must then challenge that response!

After that, you should be fine.

:-)

bezzy, there isnt a specific "Frederickson" forum.. I have changed your title to reflect their intervention.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello bezzy, well now, you learn something every day.. apparently there IS an "almost" dedicated Frederickson thread.. so I have moved you there :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Bezzy..... Freds. tend to be tenacious, so be prepared for that. They also like to set our Bryan onto people and when that happens, you will need to CPUTR Bryan & co. immediately as part of a formal complaint; copying Freds. in (even though they share the same office space.... :razz:). This will slow down their process because they have to respond to your complaint. You must then challenge that response!

After that, you should be fine.

:-)

thanks prio 1 , your wisdom is most appreciated ,

i been reading with great interest your dealings with the above, freds have attempted the most to contact me at home by phone 4/5 times a day, a lot more than other dca's ,

set up truecall to zap all there known numbers seemed to have done the trick , for now , no new calls showing on truecall log thereafter, all rejected :madgrin:,

hopefully getting the message through to them, not to call me ,

feeling strangely confident about what to do after reading all prio 1 dealings with them , , but may call on you prio 1, if things develop unexpectely,if thats ok,

not had the pleasure of carter yet? freds have gone quite since sent cputr 2008 , and quoting the correct extracts the dca's dont like etc..

i suspect this lull will be short lived ,lol

thanks prio 1 , your wisdom is most appreciated ,

i been reading with great interest your dealings with the above, freds have attempted the most to contact me at home by phone 4/5 times a day, a lot more than other dca's ,

set up truecall to zap all there known numbers seemed to have done the trick , for now , no new calls showing on truecall log thereafter, all rejected :madgrin:,

hopefully getting the message through to them, not to call me ,

feeling strangely confident about what to do after reading all prio 1 dealings with them , , but may call on you prio 1, if things develop unexpectely,if thats ok,

not had the pleasure of carter yet? freds have gone quite since sent cputr 2008 , and quoting the correct extracts the dca's dont like etc..

i suspect this lull will be short lived ,lol

Had reply from Fred's, account on hold , passed back to lowells awaiting further instructions, from them ,

lowells, what a joke,

they don't know what to do either that's why it was passed it on you, Fred's,

Dont you just love it when they get all confused ,lol.

Edited by bezzy0_0

Just fired off a letter to Fred myself :). My mum's husband died in 2007 but my mum was still receiving letters from Carphone warehouse and then Roxbourghe DCA about an upaid bill of his, she sent the death certificate first to Carphone Warehouse and then to Roxbourghe to prove he was dead and that therefore nothing was payable, but the letters kept coming, eventually a call was received from CPW apologiosing and verifying nothing was owing and the matter was closed, now 3 years later, yep, you guessed it, she has received a letter from Fredrickson demanding payment, tghe amount has now myusteriously increased from the original bill of £66 through to £110 demanded by Roxbourghe and is now a strange £486, I have written a strong letter to CPW and Fred saying how appalled I am and suggest they read the Furgson v British Gas harrasment case.

Andy

Well..got a grovelling apology from Fredrickson, best we could hope forI guess.

Andy

Well..got a grovelling apology from Fredrickson, best we could hope forI guess.

Andy

Andy, Absolute discussing treatment your family been through , an apology letter is all they can muster , disgraceful action from all the immoral ,greedy , and corrupt chancers that were involved doing the chasing,dca's seem to know no boundaries,

Industry rotten to the core.

• 1 month later...
Had reply from Fred's, account on hold , passed back to lowells awaiting further instructions, from them ,

lowells, what a joke,

they don't know what to do either that's why it was passed it on you, Fred's,

Dont you just love it when they get all confused ,lol.

update , lowells have sent freds back again on case ,usual garbage , and freds have started leaving daily robotic voice type messages on ansaphone to get in touch etc , uising differnet numbers each time to get through, has the earlier ones have recorded and blocked from future use on truecall,

any one had these type of calls left ?

yep loads!!

there is a ready made list somewhere to import into truecall

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yeah , i know this , cannot resrict this to much on control panel of truecall due to business constraints has i rely on business through this number have done for years , have restricted it alot lately though that seem to be letting hardly any calls through , , but found drop in business has they get put off by reject type calls , will look to balance out the nuisance calls from the business potential calls , difficult task really , thanks for advice though , just curious about that type of robot mmessage left really, not had them from any other dca's ,. lol,

i'll find it later

gotta go out

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thanks for that , most helpful , just stopped all text to voice type calls on phone , apprecitaed your links:wink:

Those darn SMS messages on landlines are a nightmare.. Just keep a record of them for any future harrassment claim you might want to bring against the DCA.

BCOBS

• 1 month later...
bezzy

have they actually previously made any misleading statements etc?

afaik the cputr doesn't actually require any 'statements', re 'enforceability' for eg, to be made upon request?

legal enforceability of an agreement etc is for the courts to decide. and, the fos *may* not get involved in such legal issues?

an accurate 'reconstitution' would prob satisfy a cca request.

imo

LATEST , had many various dca over the year chasing after collection of this including freds, all seen off ,after cuptr and oft complaints, can anyone look at this where i have underlined , , are they actually saying they dont have the original cca to enforce, or am i reading this wrong , ? or usual drivel? thanks

caponelatestwedonthavesignedoriginal20112.jpg