• Tweets

• whitelist - the same with mine....the battery had a mind of its own. i bought it for my Son...he'd shut it down and it would be completely off but the power light would either stay on or flash...also it wouldnt start properly, had cmos errors on boot and other stuff.   i bought it through HP store on ebay ..brand new. after 6 days of receipt i recieced an email from HP asking if i was happy...i returned an email saying no and that i want to send it back as it was faulty (basically the email served as a reminder for me to leave them good feedback lol...not as a geniune enquiry to actually make sure i was happy with as they didnt reolve the issue when i was not) after trying to sort it for a couple of months with HP not replying, not offering a solution etc i finally got passed tech support who confirmed it was faulty. i then had to return it to their factory. this is where its gets beyond worse...waited 3 times for parcelforce to collect - they didnt. in the end HP sent me a label which i had to take to the post office - not good as im disabled with a mobility disability. then they asked for my bank account number to issue the refund. they hardly ever replied to my emails and it took over a month and a half to refund me once they had received the laptop back. no explanation, no progress emails, no updates. i kept emailing them on a daily basis as no one would reply to my emails through the website, forum, internal email addresses and even phoned 3 different departments who basically had no idea what to do or what was going on and did not help...they couldnt even tell me when the refund would be issued, let alone why it hadnt been done already. on the forums theres other customers who've had to wait 6 weeks , 2 months , over 2 months etc...it seems as though HP like to with hold peoples money to earn interest on the money in their account. i spents days phoning and emailing them - even sent a recorded letter. at the begining i phoned citizens advice and they said i am entitled to put back into the same financial position as before i lost the out of pocket expenses ie: compensation for my time and recorded letter sent etc. ive started a martin lewis 'resolver' case with them and basically in a snotty reply they told me im not entitled to compensation which is contradictory to what citizens advice told me. i was just wondering if theres any .gov website or law/legislation that i could reply with and say "no your wrong - please compensate me"
    • LBC is here. Complete with a note showing a phantom payment. What to do next?
    • I suppose it doesn't make a massive amount of difference as Kev has never had the guts to do court - well at least not yet - but to me the number of cards played still needs to be reduced.  Given the OP has already referred to the "very busy and overflowing car park" in the appeal I'd refer to that and tell Kev to go and look up case no.3JD08399.
    • thanks ftmdave again for the help with letter. thanks lookinforinfo for the info, im glad i found this forum as its a great comfort and relief to know ive dont the right thing as i wasnt too sure at first. and good to know what excel are really like.   thanks guys.
    • Hello!  First timer on here, discovered this amazing site and threads on debt issues only yesterday. After never having a bad debt in my life, almost 2.5 years ago I was scammed by my now-ex partner who calculatingly manipulated me into taking out a bounceback loan, 2 personal loans and a credit card.  He took all the money via ruthless deception, every penny, as well as the car (bought with unsecured personal loan) and all my furniture, personal belongings and even most of my clothes as well.  I'd packed up my life to move to another part of the country with him, only to discover he'd scammed me and been clever about it, so he directed the removal truck to a location unknown to me (never saw my stuff again!), and car is registered into someone else's name.  All this happened abroad.  I have won a criminal case against him abroad and he has been given a custodial sentence (which he is appealing while on bail), but it is difficult to get financial reparation so I am left with over £40k of debt to my name in the UK.    I am in my mid-50s, and have no assets whatsoever, I still live abroad (renting) and cannot afford to return to live in the UK due to the debts and decreasing income. It's been devastating and I've been struggling enormously since it happened (Jan 2022).  I have been suicidal at times. I was making combined loan/cc payments of £1300 monthly for over two years, but I'm self-employed (sole trader) and my UK-based small business has suffered 70% loss of income since Oct 2023 due to changes affecting government funding for the market I provide services to.  My income is commission-based, and has reduced to an average of £1200 per month. As I currently live abroad (outside EEU), I am not resident in the UK for tax purposes and haven't been for more than 3 years (my work is done remotely outside the UK, even though my clients are in the UK and payment is received into my UK bank account).  That means I am not entitled to an IVA or bankruptcy options.  My only option in terms of a debt repayment solution is a DMP. I maintain a UK correspondence address (my mother's home) and use this for my bank account, loans, credit cards etc.  I have only informed HSBC (bank acc) and one loan company that I moved abroad and that the UK address is only a correspondence address (been scared of potential consequences of informing them, even though I don't know what they could be or if there would be any). My worst fear is being taken to court, bankruptcy, etc, and my bank account and income being controlled and all surplus income above basic needs being taken etc, when I literally have almost nothing in life at this stage and desperately want to try to rebuild my life somehow and have some normality again.  Perhaps even move back to the UK if I can afford to. I've contacted all my creditors except cc (it's an HSBC card so am concerned it would affect my bank account with them.  I also bank abroad with HSBC and have global-linked accounts with them).  All interest has been stopped on my loans since April (period of 4 months on two loans, 6 months on bounceback loan with Pay As You Grow option agreed).  Continued so far to pay at least minimum payment on HSBC credit card.  I spoke to PayPlan yesterday and they've worked out a DMP paying £289.50 per month for 11 yrs 7 months, with annual reviews - not signed up to it yet, and concerned about customer reviews I've read about them demanding double payments a year or so down the line and not making payments to the creditors for long periods, etc.  Frightens the life out of me trusting them with the limited money I have - I don't want to go out of the frying pan into the fire in terms of stress that could last years, going by some of the horror story reviews. Considering the DIY DMP option, dealing directly with my creditors myself.  But not even sure going down the DMP route is the best option.  What do I gain from doing that? Sounds like I will still end up with an arrears or even a default record on my credit file even with a DMP, and I will be paying money I really need to help me get my life back on track, especially as I don't even have a full state pension entitlement - would be better used to pay missing years into that, surely, if I do have some surplus?  Either way, with or without a DMP, I won't be able to borrow so how would a bad credit score affect me anyway?  Seems like it could be best to allow them to go to default in the hope that it can all be SB-ed after 6 years. At this early stage, I know I will benefit from advice here about what route to go down and pros & cons/risks etc of: a) DMP with PayPlan b) DIY DMP c) Going down the default route in hope of debts being sold to DCA and not paying anything further with result that it is all SB-ed after 6 years. Struggling to pay off the loans for the next 11 years @ £289.50 seems daunting and such a long time, when I really need every penny to restart my life, regain some dignity, restore my mental health etc... I hope someone here help me make the right decision at this point, before I've committed to anything or have paid lots of money for years with little dent into the loans.... Details : HSBC Bounceback Loan (unsecured):  taken Dec 2021, original amount £9000, 2.5%.  Currently owe £4950.  Monthly payment:  £159.  Not missed any payments, but agreed PAYG option in April - full holiday for 6 mths, restart payments at £73.00 in October, term extended to 2030. TSB personal Loan (unsecured) - taken Aug 2021, original amount £23,000, 9.2%.  Monthly payment £475.  Currently owe £14,550.  Missed 2 payments. Interest stopped since April, no payments offered or made.  Situation to be reviewed prior to default - which will be after 4 missed payments). Sainsburys personal Loan (unsecured) - taken Jan 2022, original amount £25,000, 8.6%.  Monthly payment £514.  Currently owe £14000.  Missed 2 payments.  Interest stopped since April, made 1 payment of £50.00 on 7 May (offered to pay £50/month until situation reviewed prior to default - which will be after 4 missed payments). HSBC credit card APR 18.9% - £6900 currently owing, continuing to pay at least minimum payment (£180/month), not contacted them so far. Applied for Starling bank account, as advised by PayPlan to have a separate a/c from my HSBC one as they would have the right to take money from my account to pay off my HSBC cc debt if I stopped paying that. Sorry this is so long and a big thank you for reading down to the end!  I hope the detail helps with advising me on best course of action and possible/likely consequences.      
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bbs alloys are not homologated for vw t5 transporter

eugene123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now that I can read it (albeit with a magnifying glass) what they are saying is that under TUV regs they have not been approved. This probably is because they have never tested them on your type of car and this will apply to many other makes as well. You've asked the wrong question of them. I could ask what you have of wifeys1998 Rav 4 and I'll get the same answer as you did.

What you need to be asking is do the wheels have type approval for use in the UK and do they have CE certification where the answer will most probably be yes. If the answer is yes then your claim is dead in the water so to speak. If it is no then you need to let us know.

You also need to be aware that you are more than likely invalidating any warranty applicable to your car in relation to chassis components where wheels fitted deviate from VW's recommended fitments. So if your new wheels are not VW and the car has a manufactuers warranty still applicable then it's bye bye any warranty.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that I can read it (albeit with a magnifying glass) what they are saying is that under TUV regs they have not been approved. This probably is because they have never tested them on your type of car and this will apply to many other makes as well. You've asked the wrong question of them. I could ask what you have of wifeys1998 Rav 4 and I'll get the same answer as you did.

What you need to be asking is do the wheels have type approval for use in the UK and do they have CE certification where the answer will most probably be yes. If the answer is yes then your claim is dead in the water so to speak. If it is no then you need to let us know.

You also need to be aware that you are more than likely invalidating any warranty applicable to your car in relation to chassis components where wheels fitted deviate from VW's recommended fitments. So if your new wheels are not VW and the car has a manufactuers warranty still applicable then it's bye bye any warranty .

THANK YOU FOR GETTING BACK TO ME HEIOSUK , I AM SO GLAD you have a magnifying glass it really comes in handy sometimes , yes i understand they were never tested on my type of car t5 transporter , does that MEAN I DO HAVE TO TEST THEM , THAT IS A BIT UNFAIR ON ME , QUOTE DANGEROUS FOR ME TO DRIVE ON , AS I DID BUY THEM FOR A T5 TRANSPORTER OF PERFORMANCE ALLOY WEB SITE IN WHICH THEY DO ADVERIESE FOR THAT KIND OF MOTOR, SHOULD A FIRM LIKE PERFORMANCE ALLOYS EVEN SELL ME THESE ALLOYS WHEN BBS HAS TOLD ME THE T5 TRANSPORTER T30 LWB 180BHP IS TOO HEAVY FOR THE WHEEL , THIS IS A VERY POWERFUL MOTOR ,, THAT THE WHEEL IS NOT MADE FOR SUCH A WEIGHT ,, ALSO THEY SAID THEY NEVER DONE ANYTHING IN ORDER TO GET A OFFICIAL ALLOWANCE FOR THIS WHEEL TYPE TO RUN ON A T5 TRANSPORTER IN GB, IRELAND OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY , NOW DO I EGNORE WHAT BBS SAYS , DO I NOT TELL MY INSURANCE AGNECY , DO I STILL DRIVE ON THEM CXR , NOT GO BACK TO PERFORMANCE ALLOYS A TELL THEM ABOUT ALL OF THIS , AND FERGET ABOUT IT ALL , WELL I CAN INSURE YOU HELIOSUK THAT IS NOT THE WAY I WILL BE DOING IT ,,, AT THE END OF THE DAY THE TRANSPORTER IS TOO HEAVY FOR THE WHEEL ,,,, NOW ABOUT INVADLIDATING ON THE WARRANTY WITH THE WHEEL REALLY I AM AWARE OF ALL OF THAT ,, BUT THAT IS NOT MY ISSUE I AM TALKING ABOUT ,, problem is the wheels are only 720 kg per wheel 4 wheel = 2880 ofsett is et32 , issue is i was sold these alloys for a t5 t30 vw transporter lwb 180 bhp camper , IN WHICH BBS HAS SAID THE VEHICLE IS TOO HEAVY FOR WHEELS plus i said at time of buying alloys that i would be adding my own extra carrying good ,s MATERIALS , PLUS MAYBE TOWING A TRAILER FROM TIME TO TIME SO NOW I GATHER THE ALLOYS ARE LOW LOAD RATED FOR THIS T5 , THEY ARE THE PROFESSIONALS PERFORMANE ALLOYS ,, I WENT ON THERE ADIVESE FOR WHAT I TOLD THEM ,,,,, A AFRAID IT IS DOWN TO THEM , ? HOPE YOU CAN MAKE OUT WHAT I AM SAYING HELIOSUK ,, AS YOU MENTIONED IN ONE OF YOUR TREADS THE SELLER SOLD THEM IN GOOD FAITH , MAY I ASK WHAT IS GOOD ABOUT THAT ? SELING ME SOMETHING THAT IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MY T5 TRANSPORTE AND TAKEING MY £1400 BUT PLEASE GET BACK TO ME

HOPE THIS HELPS EUGENE

Edited by eugene123

Ok Eugene,

Now that you have bothered to supply some relevant details such as loading info you actually have something to go on. I have had a good look at BBS GMBH tonight and they are very no committal about the weight loadings the wheels are rated for. In fact it was quite interesting reading as nowhere do they supply this for any wheel so I'd be interested to hear where you got it from. What was intesting is that they refer to building wheels 4 times the recommended load characteristics. Hypothetically then, if they rated the wheel at 500kgs then they manufacture to 2000kg.

This is what they do not make clear or even advertise.

The axle load per corner from VW's website for what I think is your van is approx 788KG per wheel on front and on the rear 813KG.

Therefore on the assumption the wheels will be swopped around you should take the higher figure. 813KG. You cannot take the total rated rate and divide by 4 as the axle loads differ per car.

So as BBS (or where you have got the info from) rate the wheel at 720Kg then indeed it would APPEAR that the wheels are unsuitable.

Now on BBS own admission they produce wheels with a rating 4 times that they rate on you can see how murky this gets. This is freely promoted on their German website.

As regards your original complaint against the supplier then if they apply that principal then they have supplied as suitable. I suppose the difference will be the definition between suitable and recommended.

You still need to get the answers from BBS though, are they CE approved, do they meet with European type approval and can they officially state what the maximum recommended loading is.

By not declaring all info you have it's very hard to determine if you have a case of not and on the balance of probabilities at the moment I still think not. You chose the wheels, they were perhaps not recommended but are technically suitable.

I take it you have done the same exercise on your currently fitted aftermarket wheels??

I will reitterate again, whilst it looks good to have a nice set of wheels on your car, not is always as it seems and you run a huge risk with your warranty.

Ok Eugene,

Now that you have bothered to supply some relevant details such as loading info you actually have something to go on. I have had a good look at BBS GMBH tonight and they are very no committal about the weight loadings the wheels are rated for. In fact it was quite interesting reading as nowhere do they supply this for any wheel so I'd be interested to hear where you got it from. What was intesting is that they refer to building wheels 4 times the recommended load characteristics. Hypothetically then, if they rated the wheel at 500kgs then they manufacture to 2000kg.

This is what they do not make clear or even advertise.

The axle load per corner from VW's website for what I think is your van is approx 788KG per wheel on front and on the rear 813KG.

Therefore on the assumption the wheels will be swopped around you should take the higher figure. 813KG. You cannot take the total rated rate and divide by 4 as the axle loads differ per car.

So as BBS (or where you have got the info from) rate the wheel at 720Kg then indeed it would APPEAR that the wheels are unsuitable.

Now on BBS own admission they produce wheels with a rating 4 times that they rate on you can see how murky this gets. This is freely promoted on their German website.

As regards your original complaint against the supplier then if they apply that principal then they have supplied as suitable. I suppose the difference will be the definition between suitable and recommended.

You still need to get the answers from BBS though, are they CE approved, do they meet with European type approval and can they officially state what the maximum recommended loading is.

By not declaring all info you have it's very hard to determine if you have a case of not and on the balance of probabilities at the moment I still think not. You chose the wheels, they were perhaps not recommended but are technically suitable.

I take it you have done the same exercise on your currently fitted aftermarket wheels??

I will reitterate again, whilst it looks good to have a nice set of wheels on your car, not is always as it seems and you run a huge risk with your warranty.

THANKS FROM GETTING BACK TO ME HELIOSUK. i refer to the loading issue i would have bothered long before now if i had know about this , but i getting well used to it now ,[ LEARNING FAST ] as i told you bbs are on my side , i get my information from bbs germany , ,, at the end of the day the wheels are not approvered for a t5 transporter ,, unsuitable , dangerous , but lets move on ?? talking about the word,s [ homologated ] [ approved ] [ approval ] [ type approval ] [ tuv approval ] [ suitable ] or even [ ce approval ] bbs have not approved the cxr for t5 t30 vw transporter 180 bhp camper,, you ask me if i had some exercise on the alloys , YES I HAD , but i am glad to have them of now its give me great relief too no that i am not driving around in something dangerous in them cxr bbs alloys 19 inch , in which i now have got myself new 18 alloys which was highly recommended by trained staff , NOTE , also they have the proper loading rate ,, SO YOU NEED NOT ADVISE ME ON THAT ISSUE AGAIN [ WARRANTY ] ,, i also did no vw would not stand over warranty with 19,s 0n , but your advise is always helpfull,, lets move on , yes the cxr 19 inch bbs 8.5j is only 720kg per wheel it says that on the TUV CERT that bbs germany sent me by email that is how i do no and it does not even mention t5 transporter on it ,, IT A PITY PERFORMANCE ALLOYS DID NOT NO ALL OF THIS BEFORE THEY SOLD ME THE ALLOY FOR MY T5 T30 LWB 180 BHP CAMPER , SHAME , IT WOULD HAVE SAVED ME A LOT OF MONEY ECT, you ask me to get answers from bbs about ce approved , and do they meet european type approval and state the maxinum loading , , may i say is that not enough for me that states 720kg on the tuv cert ,,,, MEAN ,S UNSUITABLE , DANGEROUS FOR ME TO DRIVE ON FOR MY T5 T30 180 BHP LWB CAMPER .,, NOTE,,, , PERFERMANCE ALLOYS KNEW THE FULL DETAILS OF VEHICLE WHEN I WAS BUYING THEM , PLUS HAD THEM ADVERTISE ON THERE WEB SITE WHICH STILL DOES for t5 transporter , may i say if they have ce approved or european type aproval on them this is still unsuitable for my t5 t30 vw 180 bhp lwb camper which clearly states 720 kg max ,,, so the end result is the t5 t30 vw transporter 180bhp lwb camper is to heavy for the wheel , also may i say i taken notice of your paragraph in which you said ??,, NOTE ,, [ PERHAPS ] THEY WERE NOT RECOMMENDED , i think you should be more careful in your wording ,, i must make it very clear to you heliosuk when i did see the alloys on perfermance web site for a t5 transporter i then did ring perfermance alloys for there advice on this wheel cxr 19 inch bbs 8.5j i told the sales guy what it was for which was a new t5 t30 vw lwb 180 bhp camper ,, NOTE ,, THE SALES GUY [ HIGHLY ] RECOMMENDED THESE ALLOYS FOR ME WHEN I DID ENQUIRE ABOUT THEM , NOTE , YES I CHOSE THE ALLOY OF PERFERMANCE ALLOYS WEB SITE TO ENQUIRE ABOUT IT , THEY ARE THE SO CALLED PROFESSIONAL IN TYPE OF TRADE TO ADVISE ME FOR THE RIGHT LOADING OF WHEEL FOR MY TYPE OF T5 T30 VW TRANSPORTER LWB CAMPER ,,, ,, SO TO DIVIDE THE TWO WORDS ,,, NOTE ,, RECOMMENDED AND SUITABLE , ITS DOWN TO ONE WORDS NOW AND THAT IS [[[ RECOMMENDED ]]] IN WHICH PPERFERMANCE ALLOYS DID RECOMMENDED THE ALLOYS FOR ME IN WHICH WERE THE WRONG LOADING RATE FOR MY T5 T30 LWB CAMPER ,, MAY BE ITS DOWN TO THE LECK OF EXPERIENCE FROM FERFORMANCE ALLOYS ALL AT MY COST HOPE THIS HELPS , PLEASE GET BACK TO ME THANKS EUGENE

Eugene,

I really would like to help you but you have to get off your high horse about this BBS and TUV thing. What might apply to Germany does not necessarilly apply to the UK. The system is similar but has very different regulations and this is for the UK type approval. Forget TUV.

It would also help if you would post the full info as well as requested from the proper sources.

I.e. only now have you declared that it is a T5 camper. I based what I said on a fully loaded T5 VAn fully loaded which makes a hell of a difference.

You don't seem to understand that if you are to make a case against a company you have to have good ground to do so. Many wheels fit so are ok to use in principal but whether they are suitable is a different thing. Where it become blurred is the rating. If you weighed a T5 van empty then the axle loads and the rating you have supplied would mean that indeed they are suitable.

So to make things easy please supply the following:

1. Ask BBS what is the maximum allowable load per wheel for the wheel's you have bought. Don't even mention what they are for.

2. Ask VW for the GVW axle loads for your T5 camper van. These are not published on their web site.

When you have this from both organisations divide the greater figure from VW by 2 and this will give you the load the BBS data has to be over.

If the BBS figures are lower then the wheels are suitable for use.

Then you get to the question did he recommend them or just say suitable. You say they recommended, he will say they said will fit, which they do. The company has no control as to whether or not you use them.

That aside, why did you not go for the 9J as these are "approved "by BBS as I recall, though might be wrong.

At the moment, Performance can use a multitude of answers to get out of this.

I cannot see how I can help you further unless you start dealing with this rationally. I appreciate it might sound a bit cruel but courts deal in facts and you can't make any attempt to have a pop at the supplier unless you have something solid to back it up with. This is what I am attempting to get you into a position to do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31255[/ATTACH]

Sorry Eugene I think you are wrong. BBS sell alloy wheels, they cannot know what they are going to fitted to. They make alloy wheels that comply with regulations such as type approval. This type approval means that hey are fit for purpose on a variety of cars.

If the wheels are outside of the type approval limits then they should not be sold for that fitment.

Where the sellar is concerned he sold them in good faith.

You need to be able to prove that they are unfit for puprose. You have a very weak case as invariably the problems you are seeing are down to the tyres. It is a complex mixture you have, you are working outside the bounds of engineering sign off. The wheels are legal, the wheel and tyre combination are also probably legal, the problem is that they do not match.

Which bit of you do not have a leg to stand on is not sinking in??

To repeat. You chose the wheels, you chose tyres. it turns out that they are not compatible. No body can be held responsible for the choice you made and you are quite probably working outside of the limits . It seems that there has been no effort to determine if the wheels are sound let alone the tyres.

There are many accesories available for cars, many unapproved, tow bars spring to mind and then we hear about problems.

In your case you have bought a set of wheels, had someone different to put a set of tyres on, now you have an issue. So you tell me who is responsible for your problem. BBS, the tyre manufactuer, the car manufactuer. Each one of these has complied.

Down to you I'm afraid.

hello again and thank for getting back to me , i think i told you i have moved away from this tuv thing ,in one of my tread ,s, drop that , let,s move on , you were talking about declaring it as a camper ,,,, PLEASE READ BACK SOME OF THE TREAD,S , , yes bbs has said they are 720 kg per wheel , max i have told you this before , the other ones that are approvered are 8.5j also they are 800kg but as you say they dont have to be approvered , also at time of buying i did tell performance alloys i would be putting more weight in t5 t30 camper as i would be using it for my work from time to time plus towing a trailer , as i am a gardener so that would mean carrying bags of bark , bags of coloured stones , gardening pavers , bags of sand , tools ,equipment, ect , as later on i was thinking of cutting the cost of transport down by just useing the one vehicle which was going to be the t5 t30 transporter lwb 180 bhp camper and trailer ,, i just wish they did listen to me at the time of buying ,,,, i total went on there advice on this issue ,,, so i would say the retailer sold me the cxr that is not suited for customers need,s either by bad selling pratice or by operating in a dangerous and un responsible means ,, EG BY SELLING A PRODUCT THAT COULD BE DEEMED DANGEROUS ,, on the ground ,s what i told him on the phone , ,, NOTE ,, may i also say i did ring alloy wheelbase .uk to find out if they would sell the cxr to me for the camper they said it was not approvered for t5 but fitted ok , but if i wanted to buy it it would be my own choice and they would have to put that on the INVOICE ,, i called that good selling practise ,,by the way i did buy the wheels for use not for show and they will fit , ,, but unfit for purpose ,, i also have posted the axle loads for t5 camper thank you eugene please get back to me ,, or maybe you feel its getting to much for you ,, please let me know otherwise thanks,,,, note ,, but your advise is alway helpfull i am sure in this field ,, Edited by eugene123

P1040813.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]31258[/ATTACH]this is the vw axl[ATTACH=CONFIG]31256[/ATTACH]e load also the tuv saying the is only 720 kg [ATTACH=CONFIG]31257[/ATTACH] i did write my last tread under your second last tread forgive me for that , also may i say you have notice on axle 2 of picture it says 1600 kg that mean the alloys have to be a t least 800kg per alloy to the rear , also on your last tread i cannot get my head around 1 or 2 of your paragraph ???? could you explain yourself more about this i will also send on a attach of what you said Edited by eugene123

IMG.jpg
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31259[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]31258[/ATTACH]this is the vw axl[ATTACH=CONFIG]31256[/ATTACH]e load also the tuv saying the is only 720 kg [ATTACH=CONFIG]31257[/ATTACH] i did write my last tread under your second last tread forgive me for that , also may i say you have notice on axle 2 of picture it says 1600 kg that mean the alloys have to be a t least 800kg per alloy to the rear , also on your last tread i cannot get my head around 1 or 2 of your paragraph ???? could you explain yourself more about this i will also send on a attach of what you said

Great stuff Eugene. I can't read all of it but what I can see is enough to say you have a good grounding to proceed further.

What you need to do next is get a screen shot from the supplier saying that the wheels are suitable. I have looked and it is there though it refers to A T5 transporter, not a camper.

Get this anyway. What I am asking you to do is get sufficient evidence to back your claim against the supplier.

Once you have all the evidence that can't be challenged then we can get some of the legal peeps who frequent this forum to help out with a letter rejecting the goods and show the supporting evidence why.

Have you had an official response in writing from the supplier yet?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31295[/ATTACH]

Great stuff Eugene. I can't read all of it but what I can see is enough to say you have a good grounding to proceed further.

What you need to do next is get a screen shot from the supplier saying that the wheels are suitable. I have looked and it is there though it refers to A T5 transporter, not a camper.

Get this anyway. What I am asking you to do is get sufficient evidence to back your claim against the supplier.

Once you have all the evidence that can't be challenged then we can get some of the legal peeps who frequent this forum to help out with a letter rejecting the goods and show the supporting evidence why.

Edited by eugene123

]thank you heliosuk for getting back to me , i have sent you on a picture file to ask you what do you mean about this paragarph on file , forgive me maybe i am wrong , i really do not no is it higher or lower , ,, by the way eny work you are doing for me i woud really like to thank you for doing a good job plus this is the last email perfermance alloys send to me] in which i went to performance alloys with the kits set on the 29/10/11 tony had a look at the centre rings in the alloys . , i said for him to take back the alloys because they were not suitable because of loading rate , and i was wrongly advise by sales as he recommended them to me a perfect , he also said i chose the alloy because i like them , in which i do love the alloys , but also i love them to be suitable and not road worthy , dangerous ect , and they were highly recommended by sales guy in which i went on his advise , he said no he was not takeing them back ,, so that was end of that i left performance aloys with wheels again ,, i also left back a set of wheels nut in which they sent out to me in the first place with aloys which were wrong , my tyre man advise me not to put on the wheel nuts because they were to short , so i had to ring performance alloys quite a few time to get them to send out the correct ones , they come from rimstyle .uk in england in which i believe that is where the cxr come from in the first place they work together ?? i found this out later , i was told they are a agent for bbs germany thanks eugene note but on the day i went to him he said the insurance companys said it was ok his email was sent on 27/10/11 so maybe he got his infornation on the 28/10/11,, writeing only by email from perfermance alloys,, i also have made tradeing standers know about all of there carry on also .

IMG.jpg

Edited by eugene123

Having lived in the Fatherland in the past, and indeed purchased alloy wheels for my car, I have some experience of the TUV thing. As with most things in Deutschland, the purchase and fitting of alloy wheels is regulated by law, and anyone who disobeys will be shot, or at least issued with a fine. Fitting wheels that have not been TUV-approved for the type of car is verboten; they even enter the details of the wheels on the registration papers, and if you get stopped by the Polizei they will check.

Having lived in the Fatherland in the past, and indeed purchased alloy wheels for my car, I have some experience of the TUV thing. As with most things in Deutschland, the purchase and fitting of alloy wheels is regulated by law, and anyone who disobeys will be shot, or at least issued with a fine. Fitting wheels that have not been TUV-approved for the type of car is verboten; they even enter the details of the wheels on the registration papers, and if you get stopped by the Polizei they will check.

great stuff ,, i wish the same idear would be over here in uk or ireland

• 4 weeks later...

could someone tell me where heliosuk has gone to i through he was helping me out

• 1 month later...

eugene-although this is getting on for 5 months down the line,there has been substantial input.The images posted are very small and need to be readable.

I will ask one of our site team to come and give you help in posting them.

Patience is a virtue-and to suggest that you have been let down here is a little undeserving.

Once the 3 responses of last comms are clearly visible,then I am sure there will be continued input.

I note you mentioned trading standards-what was the result of that complaint ?

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

Not any more unfortunately Eugene as regards me.

This site is too dictatorial, does not recognise free speech and seems to be controlled by posters whom pay more attention to their reputation than actually dealing with problems and reality.

The beauty of this site is that it encompasses a cross section of society who can argue a case whether it be right or wrong. However it would seem that lately there has been intervention from the moderators where a member who has raised some valid points has been attacked and consequentially has been banned on the basis of one particular members complaints. This to me is unacceptable.

Now as regards your particular problem, you have hardly taken any advice I have given you or responded where I can see the details.

Frankly I think you have no where to go though would work with you to resolve the problem. However I no longer have any inclination to do so due to a matter of principal.

Untill this site sorts itself out then I am out of the game so to speak.

I watched the site elsewhere and notice that you commented "heliosuk has let you down"....................er...........no he has not. The moderators have. I'll help you as best I can but am not prepared to do so in an un frre forum!

Obiviously they are worried about this as they have removed your post where you mention I have let you down.

It's all quite pathetic really.

Edited by heliosuk
Spelling

follow these instructions to post files/picgtures everybody can read:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture[jpg] file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf

than many single ones

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

then hit reply button

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

when you are posting your replies to this thread

try NOT to use a copy and paste from say microsoft WORD

type your reply in NOTEPAD

or direct in the msg box here

ADD blank LINES

try not to post in ONE BIG BLOCK OF TEXT

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can I just point out that the situ to which Helio is referring to came about

from the 'dodgy MOT' thread in which my advice was being constantly attacked by the member who no longer seems to be with us.

His input was very suspect as at least 1 member of the site team will confirm.

That member had been 'following me' for some time and yes, finally I bought it to the atetntion of the site team.

It now seems that in fact that my input was correct as the OP on that thread (which had to be closed) has since confirmed.

So job done as far as i'm concerned, another satisfied 'customer' which is the whole point of this site.

Consiquently, I stand by my actions.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.