• Tweets

• is the home in joint names but this is solely your debt? need far more history to be able to comment if it's paid off and was not just written of by one partly on their books and sold to anther, thus the cra file says £0. dx
    • So, Sunak has managed to get someone to 'volunteer to go to Rwanda hasn't he? .. for just £3000 payment to the person plus 5 years free board and lodging isnt it? - cost to UK taxpayer over £300M+ (300 million quid+) isnt it? - Bargain says Rwanda, especially with all the profit we made privately selling those luxury chalets Bravermann advertised for us   I wonder how many brits would jump at that offer? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Lets see, up to 5 years free board and lodging and £3k in my pocket .. I'd go - and like that person - just come back if/when I get bored. First job - off to Botswana for a week to see the elephants.   Of course the paid volunteers going to Botswana are meaningless - Rwanda have REPEATEDLY said they wont take any forcibly trafficked people in breach of international law eh? Have the poops actually got any civil servants to agree to go yet - probably end up as more massive payments to VIPal contractors to go and sit there doing nowt shortly eh?    
    • Hi Wondered if I could get a little advise please. I entered into a commercial lease (3 years) and within a few months I had to leave as the business I was trading with collapsed. I returned the keys to the landlord and explained the situation and no money, also likely to go on benefits but the landlord stuck to their guns. They have now instructed solicitors to send letter before action claiming just over £4000. The lease was mine and so the debt. I know this. I have emailed the solicitors twice to explain I am out of work and that with help from family I could offer a full and final settlement figure of £1500 or £10pw. This was countered by them with an offer to reduce the debt by £400, or pay off the amount over 12 months. I went back with an improved full and final offer of £2500 or £20pw. This has been rejected with the comment 'papers ready to go to court'. I have no hope of paying the £4000 and so it will have to go to court. Pity as I have no debts otherwise but not working is a killer. I wondered if they take me to court, could I ask for mediation? I also think that taking me to court will result in a pretty much nothing per week payment from my benefits. Are companies just pushing ahead with action even if a better offer is on the table? Thanks for your help.
    • Hi all, Many thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, the reply to the email was as expected…   Starbucks UK Customer Care <[email protected]> Hi xxxxxx, We are sorry to read you received a parking charge after using our Stansted Airport - A120 DT store. Unfortunately, the car park here is managed by MET parking. Both Starbucks and EuroGarages who own and operate this site are not able to help and have no authority to overturn any parking charges received. If you have followed the below terms then you would need to send all correspondence to [email protected], who will be able to assist you further. Several signs around the car park clarify the below terms and conditions: • Maximum stay 60 minutes, whilst the store is open. If the store is closed, pay to park applies. • The car park is for Starbucks customers only who make a purchase in our store, a charge will be issued if you left the site. • If you had made a purchase and required additional time, you must have inputted your registration number into the in store iPad which would have extended your stay up to 3 hours • To park in a disabled bay, you must have displayed a valid disabled badge. • If Starbucks was closed, you must have paid for parking as charges still apply, following signage located on site. • If you didn’t use the store, you must have paid for parking, following signage located on site Please ensure all further correspondence is directed to MET parking at the above email address, and accept our apologies that we cannot help you further on this matter.  Kind Regards,  Lora K  Customer Care Team Leader Starbucks Coffee Company, Building 4 Chiswick Park, London, W4 5YE
    • Thanks HB edited and re-uploaded. Thanks for the heads up 👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bbs alloys are not homologated for vw t5 transporter

eugene123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am new to this site , but i need advise on this issue ,

i did buy cxr bbs 19 inch 8.5j e32 alloys wheels off perforance alloys for my t5 transporter ,

in which they have them advertised on their website FOR T5 TRANSPORTER ,

i did see them on there web site , then i did telephone performance alloys to find out more about them, with the advise of the sales guy ,

he told me they were perfect for this vehicle , all vw t5 transportesr and he also said he would not have them on their web site if they were not good for this car ,

i then did buy the alloys

paid £100 off my card and the rest to be paid later ,

he told me they have to come from england , as i live in the north of ireland

i waited for them ,

when they did come i went and got them from performance alloys and paid the rest of my money , £1300

i then went and got tyres on them which were legal for these alloys 102y xl handkook,

when i put them on my transporter i found there was a little vibrations ,

this vw t5 is a new one , i felt i could not put up with this after two weeks ,

i did ring perforamce alloys to tell them about this ,

they said it was the tyres ,

really had to drop that about the vibations ,

but i could not put up with this

so i went and got other new alloys 18 vw sportline onse and tyres , which are great,

i then did ask perforance alloys could they tell me what other vehicle would they fit if any ,

they told me bmw ect,

when i was cleaning at wheels not sure what to do with them at this stage ,

i found on inside of the alloys there were some little spots which it would have come this way from the factory ,

i did ring perforance alloys about this they said it was quite common on alloys , ,

i was not happy about this so i got on to bbs germany

they said i should have checked the wheels before mounted the tyres , ,,

they also said the CXR BBS ALLOYS 19 INCH 8.5J ARE NOT HOMOLOGATED FOR T5 TRANSPORTER

PLUS THEY SAID THE LOAD INDEX IS NOT SUFFICIENT AND CANOT BE CONFIRMED BY BBS GERMANY ,

the sales guy of performance alloys told me on the phone they were for all vw t5 transporters as advertise on their web site , ,,

hope you can adivise me thanks,

these alloy i did buy on 08/08/2011 from performance alloys

Edited by eugene123

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hello hawc please forgive me , but i realy dont know what you mean when you say paragraphs to the op , or screengrabs , i really sorry about this , but please could you help me, i really would not be that good on computer , thank you hawc

i am new to this site , but i need adivise on this isse ,

i did buy cxr bbs 19 inch 8.5j e32 alloys wheels of perforance alloys for my t5 transporter , in which they have them advertise on there web site FOR T5 TRANSPORTER , i did see them on there web site , then i did tel phone performance aloys to find out more about them, with the advise of the sales guy , he told me they were perfect for this vehicle , all vw t5 transporter and he also said he would not have them on there web site if they were not good for this car , i then did buy the alloys paid £100 of my card and the rest to be paid later ,

he told me they have to come from england , as i live in the north of ireland i waited for them , when they did come i wend and got them at performance alloys and paid the rest of my money , £1300 i them went and got tyres on them which were legal for these alloys 102y xl handkook, when i put on transporter i found there was a little vibrations , this vw t5 is a new one , i felt i could not put up with this after two weeks , so i did ring perforamce aloys to tell them about this , so they said it was the tyres , so i really had to drop that about the vibations , but i could not put up with this so i wend and got other new alloys 18 vw sportline one and tyres , which are great,

i then did ask perforance alloys could they tell me what other vehicle would they fit if any , they told me bmw ect, when i was cleaning at wheels not sure what to do with them at this stage , i found on inside of the alloys there were some little spots which it would have come this way from the factory , i did ring perforance alloys about this they said it was quite common on alloys , ,

i was not happy about this so i got on to bbs germany they said i should have check the wheel before mounted the tyres , ,, they also said the CXR BBS ALLOYS 19 INCH 8.5J ARE NOT HOMOLOGATED FOR T5 TRANSPORTER PLUS THEY SAID THE LOAD INDEX IS NOT SUFFICIENT AND CANOT BE CONFIRMED BY BBS GERMANY , the sales guy of performance alloys told me on the phone they were for all vw t5 transporters as advertise on there web site , ,, hope you can adivise me thanks, these alloy i did buy on 08/08/2011 from performance alloys

eugene, hawc is suggesting you should do some screen prints of the detail from the sellers website showing that they claim the alloys fit a T5.

Having such detail on paper may be important later if they try to cliam they never told you these things.

eugene, hawc is suggesting you should do some screen prints of the detail from the sellers website showing that they claim the alloys fit a T5.

Having such detail on paper may be important later if they try to cliam they never told you these things.

thank you crem for that i reall y dont know how to do that but i will try to get someone tomorrow to do it for me do you think when they are not homologated for vw t5 that they would be allowed to sell to me crem . again thanks crem

hello i am now sending some photos plus screengrabs ect hope this helps plus i will add my last email i sent to them , on the 24/10/2011 i sorry about been so slow on this as i am only learning how to add these details ect to the forum , thank you

Edited by eugene123

IMG.jpg

this is a email i got from bbs germany, plus this is a email i send to tony at perforance alloys ,,

i hope YOU can open IT ok if not please let me know ,

this tony guy at performane alloys told me ON THE PHONE that i do not need a TUV CERT certificate ,

FOR THESE ALLOYS IN GB OR IRELAND THAT IT IS ONLY NEEDED IN GERMANY IF I WAS DRIVEING THERE ,

HE ALSO SAID IF I HAD OF SAID THAT AT TIME OF BUYING EVEN I WAS GOING ON HOLIDAYS TO GERMANY HE WOULD NOT HAVE SOLD ME THE ALLOYS ,,

NOT SURE WHERE I STAND ABOUT WHAT HE SAID ,

REALLY THE END PRODUCT IS THE ALLOY WHEELS ARE NOT TUV FOR T5 TRANSPORTER AND I WAS SOLD THE WHEELS BY PERFORMANCE ALLOYS FOR A T5 TRANSPORTER ,

THE OTHER THINGS I DID COMPLAIN ABOUT I CAN SET THEM A SIDE ,

THE LIKES OF SPOTS ON THE INSIDE OF ALLOYS AND VIBRATIONS ,,

I WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THE TUV CERT ONLY I DID COMPLAIN TO BBS GERMANY ABOUT THE SPOTS

IN WHICH I DID NOT SEE WHEN I PUT THEM ON MY T5 TRANSPORTER I ONLY SEEN WHEN I TOOK THEM OFF AFTER 3 WEEK OF DRIVEING ON THEM

WHEN I COULD NOT STAND THE LITTLE VIBRATIONS ON MY NEW T5 VW 180 BHP LWB CAMPER

WHICH COST ME £47,000

I NOTICE SPOTS WHEN I WAS CLEANING AT THEM ,

I NOW HAVE NEW ALLOYS FITTED WHICH I GOT FROM VW , ,

BBS TOLD ME THAT THE ALLOYS I GOT ARE NOT HOMOLOAGED FOR T5 TRANSPORTER WHEN I DID COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SPOTS hawc ,,,

thanks a lot EUGENE MY MAIN COMPLAIN IS BBS GEMARNY HAVE NOT APPROVED A TUV CERT FOR BBS CXR 19 INCH ALLOYS 8.5J FOR FITMENT

TO T5 TRANSPORTER IN WHICH PERFERMANCE ALLOY SOLD ME ,

IMG_0002.jpg

Edited by eugene123

TUV approval is only required if you intend to re-register the car in Germany.

Otherwise, with a UK registration, you do not need TUV approved accessories to visit.

Homologation is irrelevant - this is a system by which something qualifies for racing (ie by selling x number to the general public)

You have no argument with BBS - they are not required to provide either TUV or homologation for a K sale. Under SOGA, your argument is with the retailer as not fit for purpose (and BBS's comments are evidence in your favour in this)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31022[/ATTACH]

tuv approval is only required if you intend to re-register the car in germany.

Otherwise, with a uk registration, you do not need tuv approved accessories to visit.

Homologation is irrelevant - this is a system by which something qualifies for racing (ie by selling x number to the general public)

you have no argument with bbs - they are not required to provide either tuv or homologation for a k sale. Under soga, your argument is with the retailer as not fit for purpose (and bbs's comments are evidence in your favour in this)

thank you pat for getting back to me , i did send performance a email about this tuv issue , but i still think i was wrongly advise about these alloys they told me they are a perfect fit plus loadind rate for my camper t5 transporter , because its a camper they say it ok i told them at the time all the details of t5 camper on phone , note , only on the phone , that is why i went on there advice so i paid my deposit of £100 , rest to be paid later i will put on my email i sent to performance on 25/10/2011 again thank for getting back to me , hope you can open my attachments ok , eugene

Edited by eugene123

TUV approval is only required if you intend to re-register the car in Germany.

Sorry, this is far removed from what it actually is. I think there might be confusion with what actually is required and that is type approval. Certain aftermarket accessories such as wheels and things like towbars now can only be sold with Type approval which is not the same as homologation.

so in other words would you say i do not need this tuv in the uk because i have a uk car if that is the case i am happy about this , but still i think the alloys wheels are not fit for this type of car t5 transporter even bbs germany does say that on there email ,, i really would love to get it claered up one way or the other

OK Eugene here it is. Your wheels are suitable for your T5. All wheels sold in Europe have to have type approval. All wheels made in EU and imported into EU have to meet type approval. Homologation is nothing to do with it.

With type approval it meets design and quality standards for use in the EU. The EU type approval rules are probably the most stringent in the world and many other countries base their regulations on this.

You have no redress on BBS whatsoever.

Your supplier though might also have nothing to worry about. The process of manufacturing alloy wheels is complex and there will be defects in the surface on all of the wheels. However these defects have an agreed standard so are unlikely to get into the retailchain. Your problem is with the tyres fitted and needs a more in depth analysis as to where the issue lies.

From experience, 99 times out of 100, vibration problems with wheel and tyres are due to tyres. The process in manufacturing tyres is fraught with difficulties.

I would recommend you go back to the tyre supplier and ask for a re-balance. Check also the DoT code as this should not be more than 55 weeks old.

Can you give me the tyre size and wheel size against the original supplied please.

It might be that you are over stepping engineering design constraints with what you are trying to run.

I don't think at the moment you have any redress against anyone. No one has done anything wrong.

Edited by heliosuk
Regress changed to redress!!!

OK Eugene here it is. Your wheels are suitable for your T5. All wheels sold in Europe have to have type approval. All wheels made in EU and imported into EU have to meet type approval. Homologation is nothing to do with it.

With type approval it meets design and quality standards for use in the EU. The EU type approval rules are probably the most stringent in the world and many other countries base their regulations on this.

You have no redress on BBS whatsoever.

Your supplier though might also have nothing to worry about. The process of manufacturing alloy wheels is complex and there will be defects in the surface on all of the wheels. However these defects have an agreed standard so are unlikely to get into the retailchain. Your problem is with the tyres fitted and needs a more in depth analysis as to where the issue lies.

From experience, 99 times out of 100, vibration problems with wheel and tyres are due to tyres. The process in manufacturing tyres is fraught with difficulties.

I would recommend you go back to the tyre supplier and ask for a re-balance. Check also the DoT code as this should not be more than 55 weeks old.

Can you give me the tyre size and wheel size against the original supplied please.

It might be that you are over stepping engineering design constraints with what you are trying to run.

I don't think at the moment you have any redress against anyone. No one has done anything wrong.

thank you for getting back to me on this issue , sure i can tell you the wheels that came with new t5 camper were 235/55/17 , and the tyres i got for the cxr bbs 19 inch 8,5j were 245/45/19 hankook evo 102y , did drive on them for a week but i could not get used to small vibrations , so i went back to get them balance again did try the wheel again but still no good , so them i went and i got new prelli tyres the same size did try them for a week still no good little vibrations , , i did ring perforamce alloys they said he would try and find type of air suspension , but no way was i going down that way for a 45,000 t5 vw camper 180 bhp lwb , so i wend and got 18 inch alloy new ones plus tyres so all it great now with them , i now do understand that a tuv cert is not needed in gb or ireland and also homlologation has nothing to do with it , but may i ask are you allowed to drive a t5 transporter lwb 180 bhp camper on bbs cxr 19inch 8.5j alloys if they are not approved by bbs germany to do so , or do they need to be approved by bbs alloys to drive on , , thank you for getting back to me on this issue eugene

thank you for getting back to me on this issue , sure i can tell you the wheels that came with new t5 camper were 235/55/17 , and the tyres i got for the cxr bbs 19 inch 8,5j were 245/45/19 hankook evo 102y , did drive on them for a week but i could not get used to small vibrations , so i went back to get them balance again did try the wheel again but still no good , so them i went and i got new prelli tyres the same size did try them for a week still no good little vibrations , , i did ring perforamce alloys they said he would try and find type of air suspension , but no way was i going down that way for a 45,000 t5 vw camper 180 bhp lwb , so i wend and got 18 inch alloy new ones plus tyres so all it great now with them , i now do understand that a tuv cert is not needed in gb or ireland and also homlologation has nothing to do with it , but may i ask are you allowed to drive a t5 transporter lwb 180 bhp camper on bbs cxr 19inch 8.5j alloys if they are not approved by bbs germany to do so , or do they need to be approved by bbs alloys to drive on , , thank you for getting back to me on this issue eugene

The short answer is yes, you can drive on them legally. The problem you have is that by deviating from manufactuers specifications you unwittingly instill other issues into the car which would not have been taken into the original design and verification process. Hopefully you will sort the problem out but here's a piece of advice to take on board for future reference..........don't go crying about premature failure of suspension parts, wheel bearings and steering components when running on wheel and tyre sizes not aproved by the cars manufactuer. You are also obliged to inform your insurance company about the modification you have made which I'm sure you will have done.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.

The short answer is yes, you can drive on them legally. The problem you have is that by deviating from manufactuers specifications you unwittingly instill other issues into the car which would not have been taken into the original design and verification process. Hopefully you will sort the problem out but here's a piece of advice to take on board for future reference..........don't go crying about premature failure of suspension parts, wheel bearings and steering components when running on wheel and tyre sizes not aproved by the cars manufactuer. You are also obliged to inform your insurance company about the modification you have made which I'm sure you will have done.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.

thank you very much for getting back to me , so to clear this up about your answer is YES I AM ALLOWED TO DRIVE ON THEM LEGALLY EVEN BBS GERMANY DID NOT APPROVED THEM FOR A T5 TRANSPORTER ,, , now i really do not know what to do ,, i must tell you what bbs has CONFIRM TO me in email that is bbs have never approved cxr alloys to be suitable for a t5 transporter PLUS they also say my t5 transporter 180 bhp lwb camper is to heavy for this wheel that the wheel is not made for such a weight , plus they never done anything in order to get a official allowance for this wheel type to run on a t5 transporter in gb or ireland or any other country ,, also my insurance agency say s if the correct wheel are not fitted they would be compelled to pay all t party damages ,, but they would then have to make recovered from the person who supplied me with the incorrect wheels ,, SO IF YOU ANSWER IS STILL YES THAT I CAN DRIVE ON THEM LEGALLY WITH OUT THEM BEEN APPROVED BY BBS FOR TRANSPORTER 180 BHP LWB CAMPER , DO YOU REALLY THINK I SHOULD GO AGAINST BBS GERMANY IN WHAT THEY SAY PLUS MY INSURANCE AGENCY IN WHAT THEY SAY ALSO , PLUS I WOULD BE FULLY AWARE OF MY T5 WOULD NOT BE COVERED UNDER THE GAURANTEE IF I HAD 19 INCH ALLOYS ON , PARTS ECT. PLUS I HAD MY INSURANCE AGNECY TOLD ABOUT THE 19 INCH ALLOYS , I HAD ON ,, NOW I HAVE 18 ALLOYS ON WHICH ARE GREAT , I FEEL I WAS MISSLEAD BY PERFORMANCE ALLOYS WEB SITE FOR THESE ALLOYS , FOR A T5 TRANSPORTER , WHEN THEY ARE NOT AS BBS HAS CONFIRM , PLUS WRONGLY ADIVISE BY SALES PERSON ABOUT THE ALLOYS WAS TOLD THEY WERE PERFECT FOR T5 TRANSPORTER 180 BHP LWB CAMPER AND WERE APPROVED BY BBS IN WHICH I WENT ON HIS ADIVISE AT THE TIME WHEN I DID RING HIM , THEN I PAID MY DEPOSIT OF £100 OVER THE PHONE BY CREDIT CARD , PLUS I ALSO THINK THE CXR BBS ALLOYS ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE , GOING BY BBS WHAT THEY SAY IN THERE EMAIL , I HOPE HELIOSUK YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT ALL I SAY IN THIS LETTER , IF YOU COULD GIVE ME A REPLY BACK TO ME IT WOULD BE GREAT ,,,,, AGAIN I MUST THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR TRYING TO SORT THIS OUT FOR ME EUGENE ,, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THESE ALLOYS COST ME £1400 , AT THE TIME NOW I AM LEFT WITH THEM AT NOT MY FAULT I DID BUY THE ALOYS IN GOOD FAITH ,, NOTE ,, I ALSO HAVE MADE PERFERMACE ALLOYS AWARE THAT I AM STILL WILING TO TAKE A SET OF BBS ALOYS 19 INCH THAT IS APPROVED BY BBS FOR A T5 TRANSPORTER 180 BHP LWB CAMPER WITH THE CORRECT LOADING RATE , I REALLY DO NOT WANT A REFUND IF THEY COULD DO THIS ,, MY MAIN AIM IS TO BE AS SAFE ON THE ROAD ,S WITH THE RIGHT WHEELS , AND THE PROPER INSURANCE Edited by eugene123

Hello again Eugene,

I fully understand what you are saying so hopefully you will gaher and take on board what I am saying. I would add that I am very experienced in the engineering matters of this but the SOGA realities are different.

A car/van/commercial vehicle is designed and tested at the manufactuers with a range of wheel and tyre sizes. These then become approved for use.

Alloy wheel manufactuers will make many alloy wheels in different designs and fitments. They are allowed to do so.

Any alloy wheel made and sold in the UK has to meet with type approval which means it meets designated quality and production standards. Your alloys do and will be marked as such.

An alloy wheel manufactuer can produce hundreds of different designs but they must meet european type approval. The problem comes when someone likes the look of a wheel. Such as in your case. You buy the wheel. This is not the producers responsibility or the sellar. It is up to you decide which wheels you put on and that they are fit for purpose. In this case they could quite probably fit something else with no issues.

I'm sorry, but you have nowhere to go with this TUV and fit for purpose lark . It seems you are deviating from manufacuers recommendations.

The CXR wheels might be fine on some other car not yours it seems.

I cannot see where you are going with this, you asked for and bought a particular size of wheel. This was delivered and you had tyres fitted. There's a problem so why is it VW or BBS fault.

I just don't get where you are coming from. It's not BBS fault, not VW fault where are you going with this?

Defeats me.

Hello again Eugene,

I fully understand what you are saying so hopefully you will gaher and take on board what I am saying. I would add that I am very experienced in the engineering matters of this but the SOGA realities are different.

A car/van/commercial vehicle is designed and tested at the manufactuers with a range of wheel and tyre sizes. These then become approved for use.

Alloy wheel manufactuers will make many alloy wheels in different designs and fitments. They are allowed to do so.

Any alloy wheel made and sold in the UK has to meet with type approval which means it meets designated quality and production standards. Your alloys do and will be marked as such.

An alloy wheel manufactuer can produce hundreds of different designs but they must meet european type approval. The problem comes when someone likes the look of a wheel. Such as in your case. You buy the wheel. This is not the producers responsibility or the sellar. It is up to you decide which wheels you put on and that they are fit for purpose. In this case they could quite probably fit something else with no issues.

I'm sorry, but you have nowhere to go with this TUV and fit for purpose lark . It seems you are deviating from manufacuers recommendations.

The CXR wheels might be fine on some other car not yours it seems.

I cannot see where you are going with this, you asked for and bought a particular size of wheel. This was delivered and you had tyres fitted. There's a problem so why is it VW or BBS fault.

I just don't get where you are coming from. It's not BBS fault, not VW fault where are you going with this?

Defeats me.

hello again ,, i am not having a go a bbs or vw on this issue bye the way bbs is on my side if i had went to them direct to buy alloys they would have adivse me better in fact they would not have sold there cxr alloys for a t5 transporter 180 bhp lwb because they are not approved for it , i not having a go at vw in fact i think to much of them in which i always driven a vw , i am sure you are quite experienced in engineering matters or other , and i am not having a go at you either , yes i did like the look of the wheel on the perforamce web site in which it says it was for a t5 transporter , i then did ring perforamce alloys and was told it would fit perfect and was approved by bbs that is why they have it on there web site for sale i went on the adivise of the sales man at perforamce alloys and did buy the alloy over the phone , PAID MY £100 DEPOISTED , now i get all this feedback from bbs alloys GERMANY ABOUT the alloys not approved for t5 vW 180 bhp lwb ,, so i am sure that MEANS THE ALLOYS ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE GOING BY BBS , CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG , YES I DID BUY THE WHEELS FOR MY T5 TRANSPORTER IN WHICH PERFORANCE ALLOYS ADIVISED ME THEY WERE CORRECT , AND THEY ARE NOT , IS THAT GOOD SALES , CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG , WRONGLY ADIVSED , I FEEL PERFERMANCE ALLOY SHOULD NOT HAD THEM ALLOY FOR SALE ON THERE WED SITE FOR T5 TRANSPORTER BECAUSE BBS DOES NOT APPROVED THEM FOR A VW TRANSPORTER , PLUS THE SALES GUY SHOULD NOT HAVE SOLD ME THE ALLOYS HIM KNOWING THAT THEY WERE NOT APPROVED , AND NOW IT END UP THEY ARE NOT FIT TO BE DRIVEN ON A T5 TRANSPORTER GOING BY BBS GERMANY ,, I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY TO GO ON BBS GERMANY ADIVISED ,,,,, SHOULD SOME ONE LIKE PERFERMANCE ALLOY SELL THESE ALLOYS FOR A T5 TRANSPORTER 180 BHP LWB CAMPER , , I GUESS NOT , I IF THEY SAID I STILL WANTED THEM WITH THERE ADIVSED NOT TO BUY FOR T5 TRANSPORTER THEY SHOULD PUT THAT ON MY INVOICE STATING ,,,, I DID BUY THEM ON THE STRENTH OF THERE WEB SITE AND SALES GUY ,,, NOW NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE , GOING BY BBS WHAT THEY SAY ,,, AGAIN CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG , THANK YOU EUGENE

Sorry Eugene I think you are wrong. BBS sell alloy wheels, they cannot know what they are going to fitted to. They make alloy wheels that comply with regulations such as type approval. This type approval means that hey are fit for purpose on a variety of cars.

If the wheels are outside of the type approval limits then they should not be sold for that fitment.

Where the sellar is concerned he sold them in good faith.

You need to be able to prove that they are unfit for puprose. You have a very weak case as invariably the problems you are seeing are down to the tyres. It is a complex mixture you have, you are working outside the bounds of engineering sign off. The wheels are legal, the wheel and tyre combination are also probably legal, the problem is that they do not match.

Which bit of you do not have a leg to stand on is not sinking in??

To repeat. You chose the wheels, you chose tyres. it turns out that they are not compatible. No body can be held responsible for the choice you made and you are quite probably working outside of the limits . It seems that there has been no effort to determine if the wheels are sound let alone the tyres.

There are many accesories available for cars, many unapproved, tow bars spring to mind and then we hear about problems.

In your case you have bought a set of wheels, had someone different to put a set of tyres on, now you have an issue. So you tell me who is responsible for your problem. BBS, the tyre manufactuer, the car manufactuer. Each one of these has complied.

Down to you I'm afraid.

Sorry Eugene I think you are wrong. BBS sell alloy wheels, they cannot know what they are going to fitted to. They make alloy wheels that comply with regulations such as type approval. This type approval means that hey are fit for purpose on a variety of cars.

If the wheels are outside of the type approval limits then they should not be sold for that fitment.

Where the sellar is concerned he sold them in good faith.

You need to be able to prove that they are unfit for puprose. You have a very weak case as invariably the problems you are seeing are down to the tyres. It is a complex mixture you have, you are working outside the bounds of engineering sign off. The wheels are legal, the wheel and tyre combination are also probably legal, the problem is that they do not match.

Which bit of you do not have a leg to stand on is not sinking in??

To repeat. You chose the wheels, you chose tyres. it turns out that they are not compatible. No body can be held responsible for the choice you made and you are quite probably working outside of the limits . It seems that there has been no effort to determine if the wheels are sound let alone the tyres.

There are many accesories available for cars, many unapproved, tow bars spring to mind and then we hear about problems.

In your case you have bought a set of wheels, had someone different to put a set of tyres on, now you have an issue. So you tell me who is responsible for your problem. BBS, the tyre manufactuer, the car manufactuer. Each one of these has complied.

Down to you I'm afraid.

again thanks

for getting back to me, how come i am wrong when i told you that bbs germany has told me that the alloys are not approvered for t30 t5 transporter 180 bhp lwb camper and i can prove that i already have told you this in my tread , IS THIS A WEAK CASE WHEN IT HAS BEEN CONFIRM BY BBS, please read back , and i also did buy them in good faith with the advice of the web site , and sales guy, , now oweing to what bbs have told me i was meadlead on the web site , perfermance aloys wrongly adivse me by sales man on phone , you keep coming back about the tyres , tuv ECT , i am fully aware now of all of this , my only concern is the alloys are not fit for purpose that is for a t30 t5 transporter 180 bhp lwb 2011 model ,,,,, in other words they are not approved or approval for a t30 t5 transporter , the short of it is i was sold the wrong wheels , these wheels are great for cars unsuitable for vans and especially the one i have 180bhp lwb bilbos camper in which i said at time of buying that there would be some tools ect carried in it also from time to time , again sales person said the alloys are suitable for all weights in t5,s that is as clear as i can get it , and i can prove this from bbs germany , also i must say i love the alloys and i can probaly could put up with the vibrations with the proper tyre as fitted , and also the spots, plus i do not have a issue now with the tuv or homoloated issue now , but i am sure i should not be driving on these alloys if they are not approved , queastion 1 who does approved the alloy cxr for a t30 t5 transporter 180 bhp lwb to make it legal for me to drive on ,, plus for the insurance that is al i would like to know to clear this up please get back to me thank eugene

Edited by eugene123

again thanks

for getting back to me, how come i am wrong when i told you that bbs germany has told me that the alloys are not approvered for t30 t5 transporter 180 bhp lwb camper and i can prove that i already have told you this in my tread , IS THIS A WEAK CASE WHEN IT HAS BEEN CONFIRM BY BBS, please read back , and i also did buy them in good faith with the advice of the web site , and sales guy, , now oweing to what bbs have told me i was meadlead on the web site , perfermance aloys wrongly adivse me by sales man on phone , you keep coming back about the tyres , tuv ECT , i am fully aware now of all of this , my only concern is the alloys are not fit for purpose that is for a t30 t5 transporter 180 bhp lwb 2011 model ,,,,, in other words they are not approved or approval for a t30 t5 transporter , the short of it is i was sold the wrong wheels , these wheels are great for cars unsuitable for vans and especially the one i have 180bhp lwb bilbos camper in which i said at time of buying that there would be some tools ect carried in it also from time to time , again sales person said the alloys are suitable for all weights in t5,s that is as clear as i can get it , and i can prove this from bbs germany , also i must say i love the alloys and i can probaly could put up with the vibrations with the proper tyre as fitted , and also the spots, plus i do not have a issue now with the tuv or homoloated issue now , but i am sure i should not be driving on these alloys if they are not approved , queastion 1 who does approved the alloy cxr for a t30 t5 transporter 180 bhp lwb to make it legal for me to drive on ,, plus for the insurance that is al i would like to know to clear this up please get back to me thank eugene

IMG.jpg hope this is enough to say they are not fit for purpose for a t5 t30 transporter vw lwb 180 bhp camper ,,,, i guess i would not feel safe driveing around on these alloys when bbs come up withis or would any one else i guess not :

If it could be read it might help.

thank for getting back to me heliossuk , first of all i must tell you i am no computer expert , but i still know enough to get me through , my school days was not good , ect , but still i know what i am doing, ect ,, quote .. what is says on the img is the question i did ask bbs is could they pease tell me if bbs cxr 8.5j have to be approved for to drive on a t5 t30 vw transporter camper in gb or ireland , the answer i got back was that they were not sure exactly what i wanted to know , but THEY DID SAY BBS HAVE NEVER APPROVED CXR TO BE SUITABLE FOR T5 TRANSPORTER , HOPE THIS HELP ALSO IF YOU COULD ANSER MY LAST QUEASTION ON MY LAST TREAD THAT WOULD BE GREAT THANKS A LOT EUGENE

IMG.jpg
thank for getting back to me heliossuk , first of all i must tell you i am no computer expert , but i still know enough to get me through , my school days was not good , ect , but still i know what i am doing, ect ,, quote .. what is says on the img is the question i did ask bbs is could they pease tell me if bbs cxr 8.5j have to be approved for to drive on a t5 t30 vw transporter camper in gb or ireland , the answer i got back was that they were not sure exactly what i wanted to know , but THEY DID SAY BBS HAVE NEVER APPROVED CXR TO BE SUITABLE FOR T5 TRANSPORTER , HOPE THIS HELP ALSO IF YOU COULD ANSER MY LAST QUEASTION ON MY LAST TREAD THAT WOULD BE GREAT THANKS A LOT EUGENE