Nationwide Credit Card debt with Fredrickson Int Ltd and Bryan Carter

bohomiz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hmm, well I guess that statement looks ok and I guess you are not disputing that there was a card or that you made payments to Frederickson, albeit under duress.

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor and do you know how much of that balance is made up of default charges ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Citizen B

Seems odd that Nationwide isn't letterheaded. Yes - I paid Freds under duress - pay up or someone will come to your home and take your stuff and you'll get a prison sentence.

Hung on - I'm going through what I have.

BM

Hi Citizen B

The only letters I received from NW are basic letters telling me I owe X pounds to them.

I received a letter from Wescott in Jan 09 - replied - received follow up in May 09,

I moved to present location end of May 09.

None of the letters were default - just basic dca letters - you owe NW X pounds sort of thing.

When I requested a SAR from NW I didn't receive all of the statements,

so don't know when last payment was,

but suspect it was 05 because I left my college course by then and had no funds to pay it and couldn't get a job.

I wasn't entitled to benefits because I was living with someone.

I was pretty buggered to say the least.

BM.

You say you received statements via the SAR, there should be mention on those of default charges if there were any.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitizenB

The statements are the same style as the ones already online on unheaded NW paper. Each one just states 'Balance From Previous Statement'. No mention of fees and interest on them at all.

BM

Hi CitizenB

The statements are the same style as the ones already online on unheaded NW paper. Each one just states 'Balance From Previous Statement'. No mention of fees and interest on them at all.

BM

Hmm, that is a worry then give me a minute whilst I go and look at the statements again.

BCOBS

Ok, those statements that you have in post # 161 are from AFTER the assignment to AG and the balance will no longer show interest or charges being added. So you need statements from BEFORE the time it was assigned, whilst it was still in the hands of the original creditor to see if the balance they sold to AG included charges.

BCOBS

Ok, those statements that you have in post # 161 are from AFTER the assignment to AG and the balance will no longer show interest or charges being added. So you need statements from BEFORE the time it was assigned, whilst it was still in the hands of the original creditor to see if the balance they sold to AG included charges.

Hi CitizenB

Thank you for getting back to me - much appreciated.

I requested and received a SAR last April/May 2012 with the first duplicate statement (they are all duplicates) dated from 28 March 2008. I was sent no statements from before that date and the account was opened in 2005. Each statement is dated 28 of the month for £1622.42 - no fees &c. showing. Also, I was not all of the statements between those dates either.

So - how do I get those statements from BEFORE it was assigned, the original ones from inception? NW did not send me everything at the time for my £10, so can I request these without incurring further charges? Unfair if I have too considering it is their fault.

Also, I have just written a letter to Rotterdales asking why they did not action my request for a CCA at the time and are doing this now. Should I send this or hold back from sending any letters to them until I receive a CCA? They have stated that my account is only on hold while the CCA request is being carried out, but it has been on hold since Oct 11 when I made initial contact with CAG and Freds sent the debt back in Feb 12 because I didn't pay anything and told them the account was being investigated.

Sorry - having difficulties typing. Have my tomcat lolling over my arms for a fuss!

Thank you again.

BM.

when did you send your SAR to Nationwide ?

If the account was opened in 2005, then they should have been able to send you at the very least 6 years worth of statements. But you say they have only provided them back until 2008 !

BCOBS

Hi CitizenB

I requested the SAR in March 2012 and received it via my local NW branch in May 2012. The paperwork was a mess so I had to go through it all and put it in reverse date order, with statements starting from March 2008 and nothing before, and with some dates in between missing. So basically, not a complete package for my £10.

BM

I rather suspect that you have left it too long from the original SAR to ask them to fully comply, which they obviously haven't.

I think you are going to have to part with a further £10.00. However, if this were me, I would ask them first.

Send them a letter along the lines of the following.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Subject Access Request..

Account references.

On DATE I made a request under DPA 1998 for all data that you hold on me.

However, it would appear that you did not fully comply with that request. One of the items that appears to be missing is a full compliment of statements that show all transactions - whether it be purchases/payments/interest additions and any default charges.

[if there is anything else that you suspect you might not have received, then add that to the list ]

I would appreciate you rectifying that omission and providing these to me as soon as possible.

If you believe that I should be making a new SAR request and require me to pay a further £10.00 then please advise me within 7 days of receipt of this letter.

Yours etc, etc..

If they then insist that you need to make a new request with £10.00 you should then you will need to do this. However, you should then make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

HTH

BCOBS

Hi CitizenB

Thank you for the letter template. I will sort that out tomorrow. I might just add that I will write to the Information Commissioner, especially when taking in to account that they did not fulfill the original request of a COMPLETE SAR. It makes me wonder what they are hiding.

BTW: do you think I should send my letter to Rotterdales as mentioned before? Just asking why they are actioning my CCA request now and not at the time. It's been over 2 months since I requested it. Taking the mickey a bit aren't they?

Thanks again.

BM.

• 5 weeks later...

Dear All

Just a quick update.

I received a letter from Nationwide yesterday in regard to my incomplete SAR, and according to them the papers should be available for me to collect from my local branch, so I'm going to go in tomorrow and see if they have them or not. When received I will copy (removing relevant details) and upload for more advice.

With grateful thanks.

BM.

Dear All

I collected the remainder of my SAR this morning, and

there are a lot of statements, from August 2005 to February 2007 detailing expenditure and payments, including interest and late payment fees.

However, they have sent me statements dated from August 2005 to August 2013.

I have gone through these statements and highlighted the payments I made, and the last one was on 29 June 2006 of £85 only.

I had not made a payment to the account from that date until Fredrickson's demands in June 2010.

What statements I do find interesting are the ones dated June 2010 to October 2011,

because they do not show the deductions in regards to the payments I made to Fredrickson's during this time period,

even though Rotterdales now state I owe £1302.42 on the account, it is not showing on the Nationwide statements.

I'm not sure what to do next, so am open for advice &c.

There are far too many statements for me to copy, omit details, and upload on to the CAG website,

but if anyone requires any type of information from them, such as interest amounts from date X to date Z

I will total them up and upload that information.

As always, any help and advice is gratefully received.

With thanks in advance.

BM.

P.S. I am online all day if this helps anyone to help me.

Send another reminder for the missing statements.

As for the missing payments - are you able to provide evidence that you made those payments - by way of bank statements/ receipts ?

If so, then it might be worth a Formal Complaint.

BCOBS

Send another reminder for the missing statements.

As for the missing payments - are you able to provide evidence that you made those payments - by way of bank statements/ receipts ?

If so, then it might be worth a Formal Complaint.

Hello CitizenB

Thank you for replying.

I just read the letter that came with the SAR, and it states that statements are only produced when purchases are made on the credit card. However, the missing statements are in the middle, so there are some either side of them, if that made any sense.

In regards to the missing payments: are you referring to the ones I made to Freddies? If so, then I have a statement page from the FredPay website that I have printed out.

In regard to a formal complaint, what would that be about and to whom?

With grateful thanks.

BM.

Hello CitizenB

Thank you for replying.

I just read the letter that came with the SAR, and it states that statements are only produced when purchases are made on the credit card. However, the missing statements are in the middle, so there are some either side of them, if that made any sense.

Hmm, is that so, I don't think that can be right - statements should have been produced each month in order for you to make payment ??

In regards to the missing payments: are you referring to the ones I made to Freddies? If so, then I have a statement page from the FredPay website that I have printed out.

If you have a statement identifying those payments then that is ok. However, if they were then forwarding those payments to the Creditor they should be showing on their statements as a deduction.

In regard to a formal complaint, what would that be about and to whom?

With grateful thanks.

BM.

I was suggesting a formal complaint in respect of the payments made to Frederickson's not showing on the statements.

BCOBS

I was suggesting a formal complaint in respect of the payments made to Frederickson's not showing on the statements.

Hi CitizenB

I am in total agreeance with you in regards to the statements being produced. Seems odd that some are and some arent'. I will be writing to enquire about this. After all, it isn't a complete SAR.

I am also in agreeance with you in regards to the amounts paid towards the debt not showing on the Nationwide statements. I have been issued with statements for year 2013 (Jan to Aug), and they are still showing the full outstanding amount of £1622.42, and not £1302.42. Now that is wrong. Just plain wrong.

And who would I write that complaint letter to? Nationwide? Freddies? Both?

With thanks.

BM.

Your letter should be addressed to Nationwide, with a copy being sent to Frederickson :)

BCOBS

Do I send the letter to the SAR department? Can I ask/demand why the amounts paid on what dates have not been deducted from the overall Nationwide debt? hould I enclose a copy of the FredPay receipt from their website? I can't afford to pay this. I'm on ESA Support Group (I'm mentally screwed-literally), so I really don't know what to do about this.