• Tweets

• I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
    • quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Nationwide Credit Card debt with Fredrickson Int Ltd and Bryan Carter

bohomiz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You should only contact the SAR (Data ) department on issues regarding the missing statement.

Anything regarding the payment schedule/missing payments should be headed "Formal Complaint" and sent to NW's Head/Registered office.

If there are default charges on the account, then you will need to make a reclaim for those separately. We can provide you with a spread sheet - you will need to enter all the charges on that, it will automatically sort out the interest that will also be reclaimed. You then complete the FOS claim form and send it to NW and ask for your money back.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just checked out Nationwide head office address. Is that 133 Holborn Road, London?

And what are classed as 'Default Charges'? I've got Overlimit Charges and Late Charges?

And although I won't 'physially' receive the money, I am assuming you mean it will be deducted from the full amount? I doubt very much I will be entitled to the funds I have already paid.

I would be grateful for a copy of the spreadsheet if it is required. Thank you.

It looks like I have a busy hour in letter writing :lol:.

With grateful thanks.

BM.

CISheet v101.xls

enter EVERY occurance of a £12 fee [or more]

in the sheet

put THEIR purchase rate APR in cell D 15

the sheet does all the rest for you

just fill in the 3 cols for each PENALTY fess.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

see the yellow stickies at the homepage of the sub forum you are in

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?46-Nationwide

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I know this is a stupid question, but what do I write to Nationwide Head Office in regards to the debt not being deducted from the statements? Do I send a 2 line/1 paragraph just asking that, or give them some background on the case? I've printed off a copy of the FREDPAY receipt so they will have a record.

Any idea will be gratefully appreciated.

BM.

dear sir

with ref to blah blah blah account

please see the enclosed statement from freddies

I am very concerned to see that my payments to the above DCA are not showing on your official statement for the account.

can you please explain why this is so,

as it appears I might have been cash cowed by this dca as you have obviously NOT seen these payments

made in good faith against my debt.

thank you

dx

and they

Hi DX

Thanks for that. I did actually use 'cash cowed' in my letter :lol:.

A query. I was going through my statements last night, and Nationwide have not sent me a complete year for 2007 (only sending January and February), and they have duplicated 2008 and still no January, February, June and July. I have written to request these.

However, looking through the statements for when I made payments and for the fees, I notice on the February 2007 statement on the second page a calculation I don't understand.

I have scanned this page, removed all relevant details, and I have uploaded it, and am asking if anyone knows what it means.

With grateful thanks in advance.

BM.

pdf?

dx

and they

Sorry. Forgot to do that. I was a numpty. I've now uploaded it as a PDF.

While I'm here:

I keep receiving letters from rotterdales,

the content being an apology for not replying to my complaint and telling me they will reply in 10 days time.

The complaint in question is in regards to the CCA request that was not fulfilled by them and me asking for the money back.

This is the third (if memory is serving me well at this time of night) letter I have received with this content.

Any ideas?

With grateful thanks.

BM.

Hi DX

Thanks for that. I did actually use 'cash cowed' in my letter :lol:.

A query. I was going through my statements last night, and Nationwide have not sent me a complete year for 2007 (only sending January and February), and they have duplicated 2008 and still no January, February, June and July. I have written to request these.

However, looking through the statements for when I made payments and for the fees, I notice on the February 2007 statement on the second page a calculation I don't understand.

I have scanned this page, removed all relevant details, and I have uploaded it, and am asking if anyone knows what it means.

With grateful thanks in advance.

BM.

normally means they sold the account, offset it on their books against tax.

dx

and they

Sorry. Forgot to do that. I was a numpty. I've now uploaded it as a PDF.

While I'm here:

I keep receiving letters from rotterdales,

the content being an apology for not replying to my complaint and telling me they will reply in 10 days time.

The complaint in question is in regards to the CCA request that was not fulfilled by them and me asking for the money back.

This is the third (if memory is serving me well at this time of night) letter I have received with this content.

Any ideas?

With grateful thanks.

BM.

not returned the £1 CCA fee?

dx

and they

not returned the £1 CCA fee?

dx

That is correct. I requested a CCA in June but they didn't reply within the alloted time, so I sent a letter, at CAG's suggestion, in regards to them (rotterdales) not contacting me and returning my £1 fee. Since then I keep receiving these 'holding complaint letters', saying they are still looking in to it and need further information. Is this a fob off of some kind?

BM.

• 1 month later...

Dear All

I received the attached PDF letter from ARROW GLOBAL along with the enclosure of my £1 postal order for the CCA file that I requested back in June 13.

I would be very grateful if someone could explain the contents to me and what happens now.

I wrote to NATIONWIDE recently, at CAG's suggestion, and I received a letter a few weeks ago informing me they would reply to my 'complaint' by 24 Oct 13. No response as yet but two days to go.

Any help and advice is, as always, gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BM.

so they are aware you sent rotty's theca request

and they've passed the 12+2 days to reply with it

your sent the failure to comply letter.

so until they get a VALID CCA in their hand

they can do stuff all

dx

and they

so they are aware you sent rotty's theca request

and they've passed the 12+2 days to reply with it

your sent the failure to comply letter.

so until they get a VALID CCA in their hand

they can do stuff all

dx

Hi DX

Thank you for replying.

Yes they have passed the 12+2 days, and at your suggestion I sent them a failure to comply letter.

I'm assuming by your reply that at the moment they cannot pursue me for this money. Is that correct?

With thanks.

BM.

yep

you've nailed your colours to your flagpole.

time for them to prove they can legally fire cannonballs at your ship.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Dear all

I received a letter from ARROW GLOBAL yesterday re. my complaint. Unfortunately I can't scan it because my printer has run out of ink, so I'm typing it. Good job I can touch type.

Here goes:

Dear ?

DEBT OWED TO Arrow Global Limited

ASSIGNED BY Nationwide (ACCOUNT NUMBER ?)

We write further to your letter dated 16 September 2013 and addressed to Nationwide Building Society. Your correspondence has been forwarded to Arrow Global because we are the assignees of your account. We are sorry to learn of your concerns.

Having reviewed your comments we understand you are unhappy as you have made repayments to Fredrickson International Limited which you do not believe have been allocated to the account. Furthermore, you are unhappy with the conduct of Fredrickson International Limited. Please let us know if we have misunderstand.

At this stage we believe it would be useful to explain that Arrow Global acquired the account from Nationwide Building Society on 20 April 2010 with an outstanding balance of £1,622.42. The account originally related to credit card reference ?. At the time of our assignment we sent you a Notice of Assignment (NOA) pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925. Our intention to continue to report your account to the Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) was explained in the Fair Processing Notice which accompanied the NOA.

The original creditor defaulted your account on 1 February 2007. We are obliged to continue reporting the default until such time that the default expires, the default is satisfied or we have receive evidence to suggest our current reporting of the default is inaccurate or erroneous. The account naturally expired on 1 February 2013 and is no longer being reported to the CRAs.

Arrow Global works with a number of agencies who manage customer accounts on our behalf. In line with our usual business procedure the account was placed with the following agents:

External Agent Fredrickson International Ltd

Date Placed with Agent 14 June 2010

Date Recalled By Agent 24 February 2012

External Agent Rossendales Collect

Date Placed with Agent 19 April 2012

Date Recalled By Agent On Hold

Arrow Global prides itself in providing a high standard of customer service and we would like to assure you that we have a high expectation of all colleagues and external agents in respect of their conduct. We regularly monitor telephone calls and correspondence for training purposes to ensure that our customer service expectations are met at all times. We take all allegations made regarding the service we provide to our customers seriously and investigate the complaints thoroughly.

In order to investigate your allegations fully it was necessary to obtain further information from Fredrickson International Limited. Although, we regret any in convenience or distress you may have experienced, we are satisfied that Fredrickson International Limited met our high standards whilst handling your account. We do not agree with your allegation that they used ''bullying tactics''. We are sorry you felt threatened, however we can assure you this was not Fredrickson International Limited's intention.

Further to your concerns that the repayments you have made to Fredrickson International Limited have not been allocated to the account, we have attached a statement of all payments received. If you believe you have made any repayments which are not shown on the statement attached then please contact us immediately and provide us with further information so that we may begin an investigation to allocate the payments.

We acknowledged your request for a copy of the credit agreement pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 of 16 October 2013. We are pleased to attach a copy of the credit agreement for your information. For the avoidance of any doubt, we confirm:

a) The account is in default

b) The total sum outstanding is £1,302.42

c) The amounts which will become payable comprise interest and costs, depending on what enforcement action is taken against you.

We understand that you may be experiencing some financial difficulties. Following information we have received from the Money Advice Liaison Group (MALG), it is our usual business procedure to request information regarding an individual's income and expenditure when making a decision regarding the outstanding balance and the repayment of an account. We have enclosed an income and expenditure form for you to complete and return to Rossendales Collect.

The MALG believe this information can help organisations make better and fairer decisions on what action to take when an individual has reported that financial difficulties are affecting their ability to manage their money. This is a necessary step to help Rossendales Collect make a fair decision regarding how to manage your account appropriately.

We note that you have previously requested assistance from a third party, in the circumstances you may wish to seek independent advice from one of the following fee free and not-for-profit organisations:

StepChange Debt Recovery, National Debtline, Payplan

(ADDRESSES, PHONE NUMBERS, AND WEBSITE DETAILS GIVEN. I'VE NOT GIVEN THEM HERE)

We will continue to hold the account for a a further 31 days to allow you to consider our response, seek assistance and contact Rossendales Collect to discuss your repayment options.

We hope we have answered your complaint satisfactorily. If you feel we have misunderstood your complaint or you have further details you believe we should consider, please do not hesitate to contact us.

If you remain dissatisfied you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. We have enclosed a leaflet blah blah blah.

Yours sincerely.

Arrow Global

MY RESPONSE

The forms they stated they have included with this letter they have, including the CCA with my signature on it.

I am not going to complete and send back the Income and Expenditure form. They can whistle dixie for that.

I found the letter patronising. They stated that I was not ''bullied'' on the phone back in June 2010, yet they did not receive the phone call, I did. But they would say that, wouldn't they?

This is all new to me but know that some of you out there have experienced this sort of thing in one way or another, so as always I would be grateful for any advice you can give to me. I'm not contacting the help centres they suggested either.

Now I'm at my wit's end. So what's my next move?

With grateful thanks as always.

BM

stop saying wits end everytime...

been seeing it for 3 yrs now getting boring...

this statement cannot be right:

Arrow Global acquired the account from Nationwide Building Society on 20 April 2010 with an outstanding balance of £1,622.42.

if this were true then the freddies £340 payments would be showing on the statements from nationwide via the SAR?

however they magically accounted for them now in the lesser total they are after £1302ish.....

can we see this cca please

use the camera on your phone

dx

and they

Hi DX

Thank you for replying and boring you with my 2 YEAR wit's end. I'm a pessimist. I can't help it in situations like these.

I have taken photos of the CCA, erased details, and uploaded as PDF's.

I have in possession all copy statements from NW from the months the payments were made,

and not one of them is showing on a statement.

The statements from those dates still show the full outstanding amount.

The only proof I have of the payments made is a receipt I downloaded from the Freddies site on my account.

They aren't showing on the NW statements,

which was the reason I wrote to NW,

who passed the letter to AG.

They couldn't (be bothered) to reply to me about it themselves.

If you require any futher info just ask.

Thanks for your time: it is appreciated.

BM

Hi BM the date will not matter here. From what I see and from knowledge of NWs paperwork it looks ok .

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brig

I thought that too, have to be honest. Took them 5 months to get it though (I asked for it in June). However, after seeing this form for the second time, I remember I signed it before all other details were added, such as no to credit protection and all that. Would that matter?

BM

I think signing an agreement prior to the full completion will have added to the problems for you but sadly there is little to benefit from this.

Were you encouraged to sign in this way?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: